autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try McKee’s Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic Sealant?

I’ve finally reached the point where I’m needing to find a new lsp that I can depend on. I need something that lasts and also protects from bonded contaminants. I decided to order a bottle of McKee’s 37 Graphene Ceramic Deep Gloss Sealant. It claims to last a year… TBO I’d be impressed if it lasts 3 months, but we’ll see. I paid $50 bucks for 16oz. and I’m excited to use it out as soon as it arrives in a few days.

Has anyone tried this stuff? If so I’d like to hear your thoughts on it. Even if you haven’t tried it, whats your opinion on this sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone try McKee’s Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic Sealant?

You, or your customers will be our Guinea pig. Good reviews on Mckee’s….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had it on my Civic since the beginning of May. I wash it about once a month and maintain with McKee’s 37 Hydro Blue or Hydro Graphene. It had about 11,700 miles at time of application and is just now hitting 20,000 miles. No real degrading so far. It is a daily driver that sees 250 - 300 miles a week and is garaged at home.

2021 Civic Hatchback - Spring Cleanup with Graphene Sealant
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eldo, what were you using prior?

Post Thanks / Like

If you maintain with Hydro Blue it will last indefinitely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    If you maintain with Hydro Blue it will last indefinitely.
    Yea it might bead, but does it actually protect? IME with those spray & rinse products, their ability to protect is rather poor.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Eldo, what were you using prior?
    You might think I’m crazy, but this has been my go to since 2014. I’ve gone through several bottles and nothing else I’ve tested has been able to top the results of this sealant. Ease of use, longevity, protection.

8. Likes dlc95, Flash Gordon, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shane731 View Post
    I’ve had it on my Civic since the beginning of May. I wash it about once a month and maintain with McKee’s 37 Hydro Blue or Hydro Graphene. It had about 11,700 miles at time of application and is just now hitting 20,000 miles. No real degrading so far. It is a daily driver that sees 250 - 300 miles a week and is garaged at home.

2021 Civic Hatchback - Spring Cleanup with Graphene Sealant
    Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate the feedback. Sounds promising.
    My gut tells me it’s going to deliver. I’m excited to try it.

10. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea it might bead, but does it actually protect? IME with those spray & rinse products, their ability to protect is rather poor.

You might think I’m crazy, but this has been my go to since 2014. I’ve gone through several bottles and nothing else I’ve tested has been able to top the results of this sealant. Ease of use, longevity, protection.

Since 2014 is a very long time!

So, just looking for a change, or did it get discontinued?

I can't make an official recommendation on it, because I haven't tested it, and only have it on one client's car - that I won't see until fall - is the Jescar Ultra Lock Plus. I applied it by hand, and it wasn't the easiest to spread out thinly, but wipe off was a breeze. I wasn't crazy about the long drying time they recommended, but from what I have seen from it on videos and the little I saw here, it's a serious contender.

But - if the McKee's caught your attention, you'll have to possibly give it a shot and let us know!

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try McKee’s Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic Sealant?

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Since 2014 is a very long time!

So, just looking for a change, or did it get discontinued?
    When I got back into detailing in 2014, it would be the 1st time I actually gave any real thought into “waxing” my car, so being how we are of course I put alot of thought and research into it trying to make sure I chose the right product.

Back then Meguiars NXT seemed to have a good reputation on the forums but the new Ultimate Wax was supposed to be the latest & greatest thing that was widely available so I was pretty much heading in that direction. But when I went to Oreillys I noticed they had this Armor All Extreme Shield Wax on clearance for only like $7.99

Back in those days Armor All had a few videos on youtube where they showed how it performed head to head with Ultimate Wax 50/50 on a black Mustang that they literally drove through a dirt field and somehow after they finished drifting through the dirt the Megs side was caked in dirt but the Armor All side was bearly dusty. And when they gave it a quick rinse with water it was damn near clean and beaded like nobody’s business.

So when I saw it on clearance I decided I had nothing to lose and gave it a try and holy crap it actually lived up to the claims! The stuff is literally wipe on wipe off and ready to go, no cure time necessary, they actually recommend you don’t let it sit longer than 30 seconds before wiping it off or it becomes harder to remove. The beading, protection, and longevity vs. Ultimate Wax is almost unfair. It impressed me so much that within a month I had driven to every Oreillys Auto Parts nearby to see if they had it on clearance and bought up every bottle I could find. And just like that, I’ve never seen it available in stores ever since. It got discontinued.

Now here’s the thing, I actually still have 2 unopened bottles left + another open bottle thats currently half full, but recently I’ve noticed that the longevity isn’t what it used to be, almost like it’s reached its shelf life. That’s what lead me on a search for a new lsp.

We’ve got rain in the forcast for the next 7 days straight. I’m going to open up a new bottle right now and apply, and if it’s not beading through the 7th day then I’ll know for sure it’s reached it’s shelf life.

14. Likes dlc95, SNP209, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    When I got back into detailing in 2014, it would be the 1st time I actually gave any real thought into “waxing” my car, so being how we are of course I put alot of thought and research into it trying to make sure I chose the right product.

Back then Meguiars NXT seemed to have a good reputation on the forums but the new Ultimate Wax was supposed to be the lastest & greatest thing that was widely available so I was pretty much heading in that direction. But when I went to Oreillys I noticed they had this Armor All Extreme Shield Wax on clearance for only like $7.99

Back in those days Armor All had a few videos on youtube where they showed how it performed head to head with Ultimate Wax 50/50 on a black Mustang that they literally drove through a dirt field and somehow after they finished drifting through the dirt the Megs side was caked in dirt but the Armor All side was bearly dusty. And when they gave it a quick rinse with water it was damn near clean and beaded like nobody’s business.

So when I saw it on clearance I decided I had nothing to lose and gave it a try and holy crap it actually lived up to the claims! The stuff is literally wipe on wipe off and ready to go, no cure time necessary, they actually recommend you don’t let it sit longer than 30 seconds before wiping it off or it becomes harder to remove. The beading, protection, and longevity vs. Ultimate Wax is almost unfair. It impressed me so much that within a month I had driven to every Oreillys Auto Parts nearby to see if they had it on clearance and bought up every bottle I could find. And just like that, I’ve never seen it available in stores ever since. It got discontinued.

Now here’s the thing, I actually still have 2 unopened bottles left + another open bottle thats currently half full, but recently I’ve noticed that the longevity isn’t what it used to be, almost like it’s reached its shelf life. That’s what lead me on a search for a new lsp.

We’ve got rain in the forcast for the next 7 days straight. I’m going to open up a new bottle right now and apply, and if it’s not beading through the 7th day then I’ll know for sure it’s reached it’s shelf life.
    Seeing products that people have come to rely on go by the wayside hurts a bit. Sounds like the Jescar Ultra Lock might not fit the bill. One of the reasons it isn't my go to is the 30 minute dry time. The slickness and gloss are killer, but the time investment is more than I want to spend on the regular. Also, spreading by hand for me killed my shoulder. It's a very thick liquid and takes me some effort to spread thinly and evenly.

I did really like the previous to the current version of Ultimate Liquid Wax. I haven't tried the current yet, but if it's anything like the previous version, it's probably even better. I wouldn't over look it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast