autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

daily driver protection

i have a daily driver that i put 500 miles a week on. looking for something to put on it that will last almost 12 months and is simple to put on. the biggest issue i have is the car is not home on the weekends only during the week. i have used sonax PNS along with BSD but didnt get more then 4 to 5 months out of it. i also do not wash this car but every couple months as its not home on the weekend and its dark when i get home during the week this time of year or dont have time to wash it during the summer during the week. what would be a good protection to put on it that will last and be able to handle the abuse of me not washing it every couple weeks?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: daily driver protection

I would rather detail a car that only gets washed twice a year then one that's washed weekly. Dirt acts as a protective barrier of sorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregory1420 View Post
    i have a daily driver that i put 500 miles a week on. looking for something to put on it that will last almost 12 months and is simple to put on. the biggest issue i have is the car is not home on the weekends only during the week. i have used sonax PNS along with BSD but didnt get more then 4 to 5 months out of it. i also do not wash this car but every couple months as its not home on the weekend and its dark when i get home during the week this time of year or dont have time to wash it during the summer during the week. what would be a good protection to put on it that will last and be able to handle the abuse of me not washing it every couple weeks?
    You're asking the impossible.

You have zero time to properly prep the paint for anything long-lasting, but you want a 12 month protection product.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes chilly, opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You're asking the impossible.

You have zero time to properly prep the paint for anything long-lasting, but you want a 12 month protection product.
    didnt say i had zero time to prep the paint. i can bring the car home on a weekend and do this just dont need to bring it home every weekend as its out of my way to do this every weekend. i can wash polish and clay the car but what do i install next? PNS didnt seem to last but 4 to 5 months and i washed and clayed the car and then polished it.

Post Thanks / Like

didnt say i had zero time to prep the paint. i can bring the car home on a weekend and do this just dont need to bring it home every weekend as its out of my way to do this every weekend. i can wash polish and clay the car but what do i install next? PNS didnt seem to last but 4 to 5 months and i washed and clayed the car and then polished it.
    OK. I misunderstood you then. My apologies, sir.

I would go with something like Gyeon Can Coat
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    OK. I misunderstood you then. My apologies, sir.

I would go with something like Gyeon Can Coat
    you think can coat works better or last longer then PNS?

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with PaulMys. I’ve used both, can coat evo lasts longer. Try to wash once a month if time allows. I would use Carpro reset. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

CanCoat would give you close to a year maybe more. If you want the best possible chance to get over a year go with a full coating after prep.

CQuartz UK3 or Gyeon Mohs or Pure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Coat it and then use a basic detailer like 3D's Bead it Up weekly. When you decon it at 6mos, put on GYEON CanCoat EVO if needed as solid 12-18mo booster to the original ceramic. Done.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

13. Likes CleanIT, John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can coat or Meg's "Hybrid paint coating( simple application)......then Griots 3 in 1 when you can fit it in....a couple of times a year after a good maintenance wash

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Dislikes nmatthew disliked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast