autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: daily driver protection

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    daily driver protection

You use more six dollar words than a Philadelphia lawyer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    $5.75 words.

I'm not fancy.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregory1420 View Post
    How long does the megs hybrid last?
    When I did my friends truck it was past the year mark and could have kept going.

4. Thanks CleanIT, gregory1420 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You could clay it, lay down some Duragloss 601 Bonding Agent, and apply Duragloss 101 Polish & Cleaner, which is actually a synthetic cleaner wax with a light abrasive, if you think it might need some exfoliation. If not go with the 111 Clear Coat Polish, which is a pure sealant with a very light chemical cleaner. Even on their own they're very tough sealants, especially the 111.

I'm personally using Optimum Opti-Seal, but I'm only looking to get through the winter. For just about the same effort you can apply Gloss Coat ceramic coating, which is a lot more durable. Gloss Coat is what I have on my gf's Jeep. It is also what I like to use for those that pay me for my services. I use it because its very easy to use, because Im around these chemicals daily and Gloss Coat doesn't have a strong chemical / solvent odor, I'm not throwing away applicators or wipe off towels. Did I say ease of application?

Side benefits are that it is easier to clean, stays cleaner longer, and their supplemental care products are really easy to use (Optimum No Rinse a.k.a. ONR, Opti Clean with is their waterless wash, and Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer).

But there are a lot of great choices out there. This is just a "what would I use that might work for you" situation. I'm not really into trying out the latest and greatest. I like to learn how to work something and try to master it for consistency's sake. This seems to put me behind the curve when it comes to the state of the perceptive state of the art. Also, I don't base a large portion of my criteria on the size and shape of the water beads - even though I enjoy watching them as much as the next guy. As mentioned earlier, ease of use, personal health / safety, reduced waste rank higher on my criteria list.

Best of luck!

6. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoarder!

(or is it #####-der?)

I've been called worse...censored...yes....

Black Friday deal from that one place.....$34.....couldn't pass it up

8. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Black Friday deal from that one place.....$34.....couldn't pass it up
    In all seriousness, this stuff intrigues the hell out of me

I was aware of it before but had never taken a closer look and now I have watched a number of how to and review videos and it sure looks like a product to give Can Coat a run for it's money in the 1 year class of "coatings"

I could care less that it doesn't actually contain ceramic, if it does what everyone says it does and goes on as easily as people show in videos I am for sure going to try it

10. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was aware of it before but had never taken a closer look and now I have watched a number of how to and review videos and it sure looks like a product to give Can Coat a run for it's money in the 1 year class of "coatings"

I could care less that it doesn't actually contain ceramic, if it does what everyone says it does and goes on as easily as people show in videos I am for sure going to try it
    It is SHOCKINGLY easy to apply and remove...and I ain't kidding!!

12. Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    You could clay it, lay down some Duragloss 601 Bonding Agent, and apply Duragloss 101 Polish & Cleaner, which is actually a synthetic cleaner wax with a light abrasive, if you think it might need some exfoliation. If not go with the 111 Clear Coat Polish, which is a pure sealant with a very light chemical cleaner. Even on their own they're very tough sealants, especially the 111.

I'm personally using Optimum Opti-Seal, but I'm only looking to get through the winter. For just about the same effort you can apply Gloss Coat ceramic coating, which is a lot more durable. Gloss Coat is what I have on my gf's Jeep. It is also what I like to use for those that pay me for my services. I use it because its very easy to use, because Im around these chemicals daily and Gloss Coat doesn't have a strong chemical / solvent odor, I'm not throwing away applicators or wipe off towels. Did I say ease of application?

Side benefits are that it is easier to clean, stays cleaner longer, and their supplemental care products are really easy to use (Optimum No Rinse a.k.a. ONR, Opti Clean with is their waterless wash, and Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer).

But there are a lot of great choices out there. This is just a "what would I use that might work for you" situation. I'm not really into trying out the latest and greatest. I like to learn how to work something and try to master it for consistency's sake. This seems to put me behind the curve when it comes to the state of the perceptive state of the art. Also, I don't base a large portion of my criteria on the size and shape of the water beads - even though I enjoy watching them as much as the next guy. As mentioned earlier, ease of use, personal health / safety, reduced waste rank higher on my criteria list.

Best of luck!
    I feel like Gloss Coat is overlooked. It's a really nice easy to use coating.

14. Likes chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's basically a non Sio2 version of Can Coat only even easier to apply. Overlooked product IMO.

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregory1420 View Post
    i have a daily driver that i put 500 miles a week on. looking for something to put on it that will last almost 12 months and is simple to put on. the biggest issue i have is the car is not home on the weekends only during the week. i have used sonax PNS along with BSD but didnt get more then 4 to 5 months out of it. i also do not wash this car but every couple months as its not home on the weekend and its dark when i get home during the week this time of year or dont have time to wash it during the summer during the week. what would be a good protection to put on it that will last and be able to handle the abuse of me not washing it every couple weeks?
    Give a lite version of a coating a try.

Gyeon CanCoat Evo
    Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating - can be purchased locally
    Cquartz Lite
    Gyeon One Evo

18. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    It's basically a non Sio2 version of Can Coat only even easier to apply. Overlooked product IMO.
    I like the idea of beefing it up with Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax and Hybrid Ceramic Detailer as well

I really like Megs HCW and HCD

20. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast