autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Product -inflation-

I don't normally pay attention to prices on detailing stuff.
    It's a hobby. If I looked at the prices I Pay For reset shampoo, etc, etc, I probably won't have 80% of the crap I have now...

However, I did notice something which did make me do a double take. HyperWash is my -cheap shampoo-. I used it on the garage queens that get driven on the weekend, the cars @ the vacay house that doesn't get driven much , etc.
    Anyhow, noticed Hyperwash at the AGO store at a whopping $44 a jug.
    HW can be found lower but just for my own ####, has HW gone up recently or am I thinking it was always under the $30 realm...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Product -inflation-

Look at Hyper Dressing if you think HW has gone up a lot.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Have used HD is like 2 decades.....
    I don't have a benchmark on the lineup. Just only happen to know about HW as it's a decent shampoo
    Hopefully the formula hasn't changed

Griots was worth its $$ back in the days. Then it got super duper ultra watered down....

Post Thanks / Like

There is a certain "cheap tool" store out there that rhymes with "Arbor Weight".

$27.99 a gallon for HW.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes SameGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Look at Hyper Dressing if you think HW has gone up a lot.
    Can't believe how much water based dressings have increased in price. I use to dress fenderwells with this stuff now I use cheap dollar store (silicone) tire dressings. I also quit applying it all together on engine details and water down 5:1 on everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

i've noticed the price increase on hyper dressing (and other detailing products) four times to it's current price $123.99 for a gallon. i would not buy it for that price even with a discount (still over a $100 with taxes and 25% off discount). while i'm not much of an amazon shopper, how could one not buy from there when it's cheaper with no minimum shipping. i like to support places like AG but prices hikes like these are forcing people to buy different brands/alternatives and/or elsewhere. the sad thing is prices will probably increase even more in 2023 which is right around the corner. not blaming AG or any other detailing supplies retailer, but this could potentially put them out of business. it's out of control...
    i am the jump starter.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i've noticed the price increase on hyper dressing (and other detailing products) four times to it's current price $123.99 for a gallon. i would not buy it for that price even with a discount (still over a $100 with taxes and 25% off discount). while i'm not much of an amazon shopper, how could one not buy from there when it's cheaper with no minimum shipping. i like to support places like AG but prices hikes like these are forcing people to buy different brands/alternatives and/or elsewhere. the sad thing is prices will probably increase even more in 2023 which is right around the corner. not blaming AG or any other detailing supplies retailer, but this could potentially put them out of business. it's out of control...
    Our house is stocked full of food and detailing supplies. This crazy economy has turned me into a prepper

10. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Our house is stocked full of food and detailing supplies. This crazy economy has turned me into a prepper
    This "crazy economy" is mostly created as of this moment by the "phantom shortage phenomenon".

All suppliers of goods today have jumped onto this "shortage" bandwagon to claim limited supply. And we all know how that goes....

Thanksgiving: BIG Turkey shortage!! Bird Flu!! $3.99 a pound!! But where is the proof of this "bird flu"? Nowhere. It was fabricated for profit.

Did any AGO members walk into their local grocery stores and see two people fighting for the last turkey??

I could go on for hours with other examples of this, but I'll let my boys chime in first...........

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    This "crazy economy" is mostly created as of this moment by the "phantom shortage phenomenon".

All suppliers of goods today have jumped onto this "shortage" bandwagon to claim limited supply. And we all know how that goes....

Thanksgiving: BIG Turkey shortage!! Bird Flu!! $3.99 a pound!! But where is the proof of this "bird flu"? Nowhere. It was fabricated for profit.

Did any AGO members walk into their local grocery stores and see two people fighting for the last turkey??

I could go on for hours with other examples of this, but I'll let my boys chime in first...........

I buy not because I'm afraid that I won't be able to get. I'm just trying to beat inflation best that I can. We have at least 2 more years of this.

The only shortages that I'm seeing is the paper stuff in my wallet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I buy not because I'm afraid that I won't be able to get. I'm just trying to beat inflation best that I can. We have at least 2 more years of this.

The only shortages that I'm seeing is the paper stuff in my wallet
    Understood, and sound thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast