autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Anyone interested in trying this?

2. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Ehh idk, im pretty happy with pure evo so far.

Seems like everything these days is being injected with graphine(pune intended).

I probly would have intertained a bottle if it was non graphine and just a revised version of old. I remember the guz not speaking very highly of the original 3d coating. Which i trust his experience/ reviews on the matter

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

4. Likes chilly, dlc95, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as well, although I am not brave enough to try it myself since I am a coating virgin

I am hoping one of the big guns will give it a whirl and give us some feedback

I know I actually had to ask a year or so back why no one used or even talked about their old coating and I was told that it was simply old technology

I am also curious to see reviews of the new I Cut compound/polish; there's not much info on it and I am curious to see what makes it different from 3D One

6. Likes CleanIT, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Ehh idk, im pretty happy with pure evo so far.

Seems like everything these days is being injected with graphine(pune intended).

I probly would have intertained a bottle if it was non graphine and just a revised version of old. I remember the guz not speaking very highly of the original 3d coating. Which i trust his experience/ reviews on the matter

LOL we need to be purchasing products made in the US, not Asia! J/k. It's hard to do.

8. Likes opie, chilly, dlc95, Flash Gordon, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I am curious as well, although I am not brave enough to try it myself since I am a coating virgin

I am hoping one of the big guns will give it a whirl and give us some feedback

I know I actually had to ask a year or so back why no one used or even talked about their old coating and I was told that it was simply old technology

I am also curious to see reviews of the new I Cut compound/polish; there's not much info on it and I am curious to see what makes it different from 3D One
    I like 3D even though I don't use their products.

10. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I believe from what i read it is geared for a shop setting. So i wonder if it will also be bodyshop safe, which 3D one is not

Another indicator of that to me was the product number #513. All the bodyshop safe professional abrasives are a 500 number

12. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    LOL we need to be purchasing products made in the US, not Asia! J/k. It's hard to do and I was never like that until the last 4 years when I realized China is a serious long-term problem.
    Haha i know, which is why if this coating turns out to work more like pure or something similar where its a one layer coating and easier to work with then i would be inclined to give it a go.
    I support made in usa whenever possible.

14. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy with CQUK and Gyeon Pure EVO. CQUK has been my go-to coating since v2 hit the market. However, every time a new one like this comes out I start to wonder what it's like.

I struggle because I don't want to patchwork my vehicles with different coatings. I prefer to do the whole vehicle, but I worry about liking the product. If I donn't like it I either having to polish it off right away and start all over (lots more time involved), or live with it for a couple years until I'm ready to polish it off and do something else.

At this point the whole graphene thing is simply backgound noise. I'll look at a coating based on it's merits as a coating, not whether it has bits of graphene, diamond, meteorite, rare dinosaur fossils, kryptonite, etc. mixed in or not.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

16. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I'll look at a coating based on it's merits as a coating, not whether it has bits of graphene, diamond, meteorite, rare dinosaur fossils, kryptonite, etc. mixed in or not.
    3D Graphene Ceramic Coating3D Graphene Ceramic Coating3D Graphene Ceramic Coating3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I support made in usa whenever possible.
    A BIG PLUS ONE on that sentiment!!!

I stop and think how 99% of my detailing gear is from outside of America and it really gets to me

I am not getting into the how and why of that because it is a can of worms but I am happy to support companies like 3D when I can

There are a couple of other US companies that I wish I knew were made in USA but they don't go out of their way to promote it so I am unsure

19. Likes opie, CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast