autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to chime in...

I trust Tunch Goren as a chemist and also an honest man. I chose to leave the geek and join the 3D team because I honestly love their products and use them professionally when I detail client cars. To say I love their products is another way of saying I love their chemistry. The quality of any product comes down to the quality of the chemist plus their manufacturing ability.

As others in this thread have said, there are all kinds of products on the market now with the word graphene on the label. Heck, I think I've even seen graphene tire dressings? Really?

I've worked with the chemist at 303 that created the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating and drilled him on whether the Graphene in their product was functional or just marketing and he convinced me it was functional. (he also took one of my Roadshow Detailing Classes so I was able to spend quite a bit of time getting to know him).

After talking to two REAL chemists about what graphene is and what it takes to make it a functional ingredient, it is my opinion, and I'm happy to be proven wrong, that the majority of graphene products on the market are not functional graphene products. Just like back in the 1970s and 1980s when many companies jumped on the Teflon Bandwagon, (where are these products now?), there might be graphene in the marketed product, but like Teflon in all the products back in the day, it's simply not functional.

Racer's Edge Auto Polish Fortified with TEFLON

So I asked Tunch straight out, is the graphene in our new 3D Ceramic Coating Plus functional and he answered "yes".

At some point everyone can decide who to trust and who to doubt, but I trust Tunch. I've used this new coating on two cars so far and it’s as good and/or better than any ceramic coating I've used to date. How well it performs only time but again, I trust Tunch's chemistry ability and over the decades he's proven himself to be an honest person in our industry.

Here's my first two 3D graphene coated cars....

1949 Pontiac Road Chief Streetrod - 3D Ceramic Coating Plus - Graphene Infused

1966 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa Turbo 4-Speed - 3D Ceramic Coating Plus - Graphene Infused

Mike Phillips

Will respond later to this nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Because it's banned in the United States

When was Teflon Banned in the USA?
    Beginning in 2003, its use was gradually phased out in the United States under an agreement between government and industry, and eliminated by 2014
    And it probably wasn't because it didn't work but more about environmental concerns and patents running out. Same deal with R12 and 134A, replace it with a more expensive, more hazardous, less effective chemical.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using 3D coating on customer vehicles and have had great customer satisfaction.

I’ve become loyal to 3D over the years because their marketing is honest and their products work. Made in USA. I’ve never bought a product of theirs and felt it was snake oil. I may one day get the new coating, but for now I’ll stick with the original. I like it’s shorter flash time. Keeps me focused and moving quickly.

3DSpeed and 3DOne are my go to products. Phenomenal results with both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes chilly, dlc95, CleanIT, SameGuy, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’m passing on the graphene craze and waiting for one to come out with Electrolyte’s……

It’s what paints crave!

Rumor is SEMA 2023

6. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, chilly, dlc95, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Rumor is SEMA 2023
    Nope, I’m not gonna buy that

It’s not gluten free, non GMO, free range, and organic

Frankly, I’m offended

TRIGGER WARNING!!!

8. Likes CleanIT, opie, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Nope, I’m not gonna buy that

It’s not gluten free, non GMO, free range, and organic

Frankly, I’m offended

TRIGGER WARNING!!!

Shame. Free express shipping to Alaska.

10. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike what makes the graphene functional other than Tunch saying yes. I’d like to know what makes it functional. There are other brands that have changed their graphene formula and the technology that goes into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Would be even better without him. Shouldn't be much longer now. Tunch will figure this guy out like everyone else that he's work for
    Dang what’s your beef with Mike? Did he do you wrong? It’s not the first time I read a post of yours attacking his character.

12. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes SameGuy, Eric7810, opie, CleanIT, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Shame. Free express shipping to Alaska.
    Wait…

Free you say…

3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

I’ll go vegan next week…

14. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    And it probably wasn't because it didn't work but more about environmental concerns and patents running out. Same deal with R12 and 134A, replace it with a more expensive, more hazardous, less effective chemical.
    caused birth defects in children....they say

Other unrelated studies have also found evidence of birth defects in babies from PFOA-exposed workers. In 1981, two out of seven women who worked at a DuPont Teflon plant gave birth to babies with birth defects. DuPont then moved 50 women workers at the plant to reduce their exposure to PFOA.

Teflon contains a compound known as C8, which is harmful to both your health and the environment. According to a large body of research, C8 disrupts normal hormone function and lowers testosterone levels in men. It has also been linked to various cancers and birth defects

Does DuPont still use C8?
    The lawsuits had alleged that DuPont knew C8 was dangerous, but failed to keep it from poisoning the water supply. After DuPont agreed to stop using C8, it replaced it with GenX, which is a similar compound.Sep 13, 2017

substances banned by FDA, in an order that takes effect immediately , are perfluorinated compounds or PFCs, a class that includes the chemicals used to make DuPont's Teflon and 3M's Scotchgard.Jan 4, 2016

16. Likes Flash Gordon, DUBL0WS6, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    substances banned by FDA, in an order that takes effect immediately , are perfluorinated compounds or PFCs, a class that includes the chemicals used to make DuPont's Teflon and 3M's Scotchgard.Jan 4, 2016
    Scotchgaurd?....son of a biitch i used that chit 2 years ago3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

18. Likes Bosko liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast