autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LATEST TOPPER POLL. EVERYTHING SHY OF CANCOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Doesn't surprise me he would say something like that! I totally get it now why he's not a fan favorite around here. I'm sure Adam's loved that!
    According to him my Ryobi is CRAP! One he use to carry. And works extremely well for allot of detailer's. Is it a Kranzel HELL NO!!! Does it do the job? YES!
    We got a replacement Kranzle at work, and my junky Ryobi is more powerful. We had it professionally installed too...

No idea what's going on with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I would never support that OG guy, he's extremely creepy. I think he's some kind of frontman personally.

I clearly don't know but i don't believe he's the real brains behind the whole OG business(successful).

The AR units are supposed to be close but at a better price than the kranzles.
    Haha!

Creepy...

I never saw him that way.

Just very unpleasant.

My old car wash boss is a gazillionaire. He once told me that money doesn't make you happy. Moreman is the one who showed me.

3. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has to give a SONG AND DANCE!!! On everything he sells. whether it's in writing describing products he sells or on YouTube. He is ONE CLOWN SHY OF A CIRCUS!!! IMHO. Literally the only thing I can't buy from Clean Garage I want is the SOLO battery operated sprayers in GREY not that horrible green, you can buy anywhere. By the time I would pay his ridicules shipping rates the sprayer would cost $70
    He's a TOOL!

5. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t know which version I got. Got it last year from Parks detail (US distributor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will be v1 then.

Boost v2 was launched this year, a completely different formula to v1. Where v1 was basically washed off at the next wash, v2 stays in place for 3 months. In other words, it's like every other spray sealant now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    It will be v1 then.

Boost v2 was launched this year, a completely different formula to v1. Where v1 was basically washed off at the next wash, v2 stays in place for 3 months. In other words, it's like every other spray sealant now.
    I like the idea that it washed of taking whatever was on top with it.

So now it’s just a water downed Lustre as your telling…

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I like the idea that it washed of taking whatever was on top with it.

So now it’s just a water downed Lustre as your telling…

Yeah, pretty much.

I use the older v1 Boost as a topper on my Mustang's wheels, which are coated in NV Wheel. I too like that it washes away and takes the brake dust with it.

Boost v2 is easier to apply and glossier though, I really like it.

From what I can tell, v1 is being ran out and will be completely replaced by v2. NV products are pretty well priced in Australia, with the exception of Boost v1. Whatever is in it makes v1 certainly expensive. For context, v2 is actually $14 AUD less expensive than v1. I think that price premium for v1 really hurt it for sales potential.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

I use the older v1 Boost as a topper on my Mustang's wheels, which are coated in NV Wheel. I too like that it washes away and takes the brake dust with it.

Boost v2 is easier to apply and glossier though, I really like it.

From what I can tell, v1 is being ran out and will be completely replaced by v2. NV products are pretty well priced in Australia, with the exception of Boost v1. Whatever is in it makes v1 certainly expensive. For context, v2 is actually $14 AUD less expensive than v1. I think that price premium for v1 really hurt it for sales potential.
    What kind of durability does lustre have? We have Nv Car care in Canada. I like the brand. I will say precision was a pain to wipeoff however, worst than 3D One IME - have you tried it? I have a nearly a full 500ml bottle of precision. I should try it again soon. Perfect finish is still my favorite, precision is more on the compound side of course but honestly it finished out very nicely in my eyes with a polishing pad. I think i used the Rupes yellow.

Nv EVO was the most epic beading i have seen personally but i'm a DIY guy. It's a high premium in Canada for NV EVO. Close to double c.quartz UK. I did find it easy to use and level. Just have to be relatively quick with the removal but not troublesome.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of durability does lustre have? We have Nv Car care in Canada. I like the brand. I will say precision was a pain to wipeoff however, worst than 3D One IME - have you tried it? I have a nearly a full 500ml bottle of precision. I should try it again soon. Perfect finish is still my favorite, precision is more on the compound side of course but honestly it finished out very nicely in my eyes with a polishing pad. I think i used the Rupes yellow.

Nv EVO was the most epic beading i have seen personally but i'm a DIY guy. It's a high premium in Canada for NV EVO. Close to double c.quartz UK. I did find it easy to use and level. Just have to be relatively quick with the removal but not troublesome.
    Ha, finally the shoe is on the other foot! I complain about the high prices of the US brands in Australia, Meguiar's and Adam's in particular. Put it this way, Megs products are on par with Carpro for price.

Lustre has about up to 6 months of durability, which is about right from what I have noticed.

I have used most of the NV line, save for the coatings (Wheel excepted) and polishing compounds. Like you, Perfect Finish has become my go to lately.

Highlights from the lineup -

-Snow and Snow+ are both brilliant soaps, a longtime favorite of mine for their slickness, cleaning ability and easy rinsing.

-Purge is an iron removing wheel cleaner, a product that I know will get the job done when extra grunt is required. Can almost provide a touch-free wheel clean.

-Boost v2 provides outstanding gloss.

-Jet is as near as a ceramic coating you can get from a spray sealant. I prefer Jet over Lustre.

-Cleanse and Nourish leather treatments, providing a lovely soft, matte finish.

-Purify is a combined clay lubricant/iron remover.

-Onyx is their tire dressing, my favorite product from the brand.

13. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered DIY rinse less lastnight actually. If i like it i will get the gallon.
    Once I'm out of ONR I'm going to order it. I also want to try their Quick Beads and Ceramic Gloss.

15. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have No Boost V2 and can’t believe the gloss. Only bad part is it makes me want to try Lustre. Boost V2 was extremely easy to use.

17. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast