autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought a Tornador Max.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I don't have a shop, I'm just a weekend warrior with good base of friends. They sell cheaper than list, not low cost, but the flex is one of the best.

Has the best specs on any extractor under 2K! 205" lift is insane!
    It is a great unit. Can be had for about $1,200

I need to order a few parts to use the Tornador max with the Vac attachment. I was considering buying a gall of there enzyme cleaner since I had to pay freight anyway. Do you recommend a better product to use in a gallon size that's a decent price?
    Their Enzyme product is excellent. I have the gallon size. It's pH neutral, which is best for the internals of the Tornador. Pick up some WD-40 and be sure to lube up/degrease the metal rotational part of the tool every.single.use It's key to it's longevity.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I don't have a shop, I'm just a weekend warrior with good base of friends. They sell cheaper than list, not low cost, but the flex is one of the best.

It is a great unit. Can be had for about $1,200

Their Enzyme product is excellent. I have the gallon size. It's pH neutral, which is best for the internals of the Tornador. Pick up some WD-40 and be sure to lube up/degrease the metal rotational part of the tool every.single.use It's key to it's longevity.
    I'm totally grateful for your knowledge and help. I have an email into Tornador to buy a part they just came out with that they said is not on there site yet. But they do have them and it will make for a much better fit and the hose won't stick up but horizontal from the gun. I've been seeing it on there adverts as well as the Sema video.
    Bought a Tornador Max.-tornador-vv-part-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bought a Tornador Max.-tornador-max-vvac1-jpg   Bought a Tornador Max.-tornador-max-vvac-jpg  

4. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please post with information on this part when you get it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered from them. I had to spend $100 to get out of a $30 freight charge
    And I really didn't want more than a screw and the VCA-200 Velocity-Vac Adapter. I ended up getting a gallon of there Enzyme cleaner. Was told by TTQ AKA Carpet whisperer it's really great stuff!
    I really hate high freight charges and totally steers me away from buying 90% of the time! Unless in this case it's the 10% exception since there the only show in town to get one from. I would of been better off just ordering a whole new Velocity Vac if I had known I bought the max on sale for $199 vs. $250 and found a seller on eBay that sells just the vac head.
    Anyway I have to say that it is the single best interior tool I have with the exception of the vac itself. I did a whole interior detail yesterday on a good sized SUV and it chopped my time in half! I was so blown away! Literally felt stupid not owning one sooner. I used Megs 14901 in the jar and the whole car only used a third. I really can't wait to try it with the vac

Bought a Tornador Max.-vv-adapter-jpg

7. Likes SameGuy, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait. So the new, in-stock VVs come with that 135° elbow, but not the one you got off eBay? Is that what I’m getting out of this?
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled the trigger on a Max/VV with the 15 off today. Didn’t order Enzyme, what other of my gazillion APCs and textile products can I use in it?
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

I put Meg's 149 But it would be insane with P&S express interior. Dude you are going to SH$T Little green apples when you use it!!! I even ran it just fine on the 2.6 CFM @ 90PSI Porter Cable Compressor I got for $119 at Acme Tool. I wasn't going balls out squeezing the trigger which majority of us wouldn't anyway. I'd do a panel at full capacity and then follow with a spray bottle with P&S Express.Then when I was ready to hit another area the compressor was already off and at full capacity again. it would run at full throttle for 45-60 seconds at a time which is more than enough! Don't worry what you read on everyone saying it has to have a minimum of 5.2 CFM. Takes up tons of room and you need a minimum of a 4KW generator just to run a 15-20 amp compressor.let me know if you decide to grab a coiled hose I found a place that is half the price as Obsessed Garage and everyone else. And guns are on eBay.But they run out of stock quick on the models I got. But they get more every week.
    I bought a Prevost air hose 3.8 X 50 and a coiled 26" and 3 guns also. Bought a Tornador Max.-pc-air-compressor-jpgBought a Tornador Max.-prevost-50-foot-hose-jpgBought a Tornador Max.-prevost-coiled-jpgBought a Tornador Max.-prevost-gun-rubber-jpgBought a Tornador Max.-prevost-gun-jpgBought a Tornador Max.-prevost-rubber-tip-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a Max/VV with the 15 off today. Didn’t order Enzyme, what other of my gazillion APCs and textile products can I use in it?
    You were smart to grab both at the same time. I hope you got the newer model VV
    ? They come with that new part that cost me $100 today since I had to spend $100 before free freight or I would pay $29 for shipping! F THAT! I just bought like 6 of then and I'll sell them to get my $ back.lol

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried to piece mine. I only wanted the vac head. Then after realized that new part they just got in. I literally found out about them 2 days before they were going to put them on there website. I have like 9 corresponding emails back and forth with John at Tornador and he said I saw it up before he had even seen it! He was super helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Here is a good video on it.

Tornador Max Review - How to Remove Sand and Hair From a Vehicle - YouTube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast