autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought a Tornador Max.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    When I get a shop all grab one of these
    Attachment 75989
    Just get a Hepa filter for now. I use a Cleanstream Hepa filter in my 14 gallon Ridgid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    When I get a shop all grab one of these
    Attachment 75989
    That's what I have. Amazing unit. All you hear is the vacuum of the air. The motor is so quiet. So strong it has a knob to dial-down the power too. It's a little over-kill but hey, Chris is a buddy and fellow Buckeye and I like supporting him.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Likes SameGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    That's what I have. Amazing unit. All you hear is the vacuum of the air. The motor is so quiet. So strong it has a knob to dial-down the power too. It's a little over-kill but hey, Chris is a buddy and fellow Buckeye and I like supporting him.
    Do you leave the HEPA cartridge in place for wet pickup (ie. Tornador use)? How often do you clean that element?
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Do you leave the HEPA cartridge in place for wet pickup (ie. Tornador use)? How often do you clean that element?
    I only use the Flex Dust Extractor on dry materials. It can be used for wet, but it's rare that I will use the Velocity Vac on wet anymore as I also have a true dedicated hot water extractor. If/when I used the Velocity Vac with moisture, I use my smaller portable Ridgid 3 gallon. The Hepa in the flex is said to go 3-5 years. It has a 3-stage filtration system for intake and one for the exhaust too. First the bag, then a panel filter (similar to a car intake), and then the HEPA canister sealed inside.

2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes dgage, SameGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that a rebranded Sandia? [Note: I may have subconsciously absorbed that if you’ve posted about it previously, but I’ve been googling vacs and extractors a bit too much recently as well]
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a rebranded Sandia? [Note: I may have subconsciously absorbed that if you’ve posted about it previously, but I’ve been googling vacs and extractors a bit too much recently as well]
    Yes. Sandia 6 Gallon. They private label their products. Our local distributor is a repair center too so they rebuild, customize and carry all the parts, etc. Beautifully simplistic design under the hood and super rugged.

Post Thanks / Like

When I googled the Flex 44, I got maybe a dozen different, identical-looking vacs from Makita, Milwaukee, Nylfisk and more. Who actually designed it as a white book?
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Just get a Hepa filter for now. I use a Cleanstream Hepa filter in my 14 gallon Ridgid.

I only use the Flex Dust Extractor on dry materials. It can be used for wet, but it's rare that I will use the Velocity Vac on wet anymore as I also have a true dedicated hot water extractor. If/when I used the Velocity Vac with moisture, I use my smaller portable Ridgid 3 gallon. The Hepa in the flex is said to go 3-5 years. It has a 3-stage filtration system for intake and one for the exhaust too. First the bag, then a panel filter (similar to a car intake), and then the HEPA canister sealed inside.

When I googled the Flex 44, I got maybe a dozen different, identical-looking vacs from Makita, Milwaukee, Nylfisk and more. Who actually designed it as a white book?
    CRAZY PRICE!!! Wish I had a shop
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 12-30-2022 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Links

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Sandia 6 Gallon. They private label their products. Our local distributor is a repair center too so they rebuild, customize and carry all the parts, etc. Beautifully simplistic design under the hood and super rugged.
    Has the best specs on any extractor under 2K! 205" lift is insane!

12. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to order a few parts to use the Tornador max with the Vac attachment. I was considering buying a gall of there enzyme cleaner since I had to pay freight anyway. Do you recommend a better product to use in a gallon size that's a decent price?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast