autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

List a few of your tools that make your job a whole lot easier. Game changer! Tools you could never imagine doing without!
    To start it off:
    Flex XCE 10-8 125
    Fur EEL
    Dewalt cordless fan I use when doing interior.
    And recently bought a Maxshine Mini and I've been loving it! Mostly for headlights and door handles. Bought 2" wet sanding discs from 800-5000 and then buff with Micro and Cutmax or ACA 510
    electric sprayer for Rinseless. Love mine $23 cheapo TIVOLI Amazon.
    Lets hear yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NMAE A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

There are more, but the instant I read the thread title I immediately thought "Griot's PFM".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NMAE A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

my vapor Chief 125 vapor steamer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

My Handi Lift Motorcycle lift. Just finished this bike today...

NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.-20221123_212211resized-jpg NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.-20221123_213146resized-jpg NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.-20221123_213211resized-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster Sidekick

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Lance Mark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

The MB still gets a lot of use and will throw out the Ego Blower.

Agree with PFM’s

Autofiber Saver applicator. Apply everything to and including tire dressing.

Rinseless wash sponge…. Maybe…

Wheel woolies

Make up brush for tires. Not to apply but to level out after applying and to get into all the grooves.

Sadto see no one has a Nano on sale this year. Was going to be my gift to myself and sure it would have made this list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    There are more, but the instant I read the thread title I immediately thought "Griot's PFM".
    Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    my vapor Chief 125 vapor steamer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    My Handi Lift Motorcycle lift. Just finished this bike today...

NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.-20221123_212211resized-jpg NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.-20221123_213146resized-jpg NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.-20221123_213211resized-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Master Blaster Sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The MB still gets a lot of use and will throw out the Ego Blower.

Agree with PFM’s

Autofiber Saver applicator. Apply everything to and including tire dressing.

Rinseless wash sponge…. Maybe…

Wheel woolies

Make up brush for tires. Not to apply but to level out after applying and to get into all the grooves.

Sadto see no one has a Nano on sale this year. Was going to be my gift to myself and sure it would have made this list.

After using my Maxshine Mini so much and having the Nano's 3 brothers the Mini,Mark III and LH19E it's one I also want! It makes no sense to not buy it as a full kit and $630 isn't chump change. I'll most likely grab the PXE from Santa if I have any $ left over after checking all the lists of my 3 kids. And they have expensive taste

11. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    After using my Maxshine Mini so much and having the Nano's 3 brothers the Mini,Mark III and LH19E it's one I also want! It makes no sense to not buy it as a full kit and $630 isn't chump change. I'll most likely grab the PXE from Santa if I have any $ left over after checking all the lists of my 3 kids. And they have expensive taste
    Yeah I’m thinking pxe for price difference. It was $500 a lot of places for Black Friday. Procrastinated thinking a new one was coming out and here I am a year later.

Wonder if the PXE is all that much better than your max shine.

Post Thanks / Like

3D and Jescar abrasive liquids. They both resist dusting. The Jescar is probably the highest end, most refined of the European style polishes (think Menzerna), and 3D represents that of the more modern non diminishing abrasive liquids. That being said, I'm starting to be able to use M105 without getting a ton of dust like I used to. I still LOVE my Meguiar's abrasives too. M110, UC, M205, M210, UP, and M06 Cleaner Wax are alway close at hand. I feel like they get to the point faster than the 3D stuff. But the 3D is more suited to my personal style. I also liked the performance of the Rupes line, just not the dusting. Seeing as I'm getting a handle on M105, I might give the Rupes another shot.

Rinseless wash - I don't even have foaming soap on hand, and haven't needed it.

Optimum Gloss Coat - Ease of use. I'm not the biggest fan of ceramic coatings because I don't have the patience to really figure them out. I do like some of the features of the glass bottle variety, but for my time, money, and temper, Gloss Coat fulfills that role for me perfectly.

The random orbital polisher - or as Todd Helme has noted - the random rotational polisher. (The orbit is gear driven, but the free rotating spindle makes the rotation random as it can. Speed up, slow down, or completely stall). This tool transformed everything for me. While I always loved buffing cars, I never enjoyed the rotary buffer. It was messy, wool everywhere, it was easy to destroy foam pads. The splatter was a nightmare before I knew I was supposed to cover the cowling and textured black trim pieces. That first Porter Cable was a game changer for my level of enjoyment, and I'm reminded of that every time I use any type of orbital tool. Lately, the Duetto has been my first choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Two different animals. 2" Vs.3"
    I think you meant to say the Nano Vs. my Maxshine. I'm sure there is allot of difference if at all when the pad meets the paint, But I just love the design and having the best! I will be geting the PXE for convenience over my Rupes Mini. I've been really liking the cordless route! Save a ton of time! But if I had a shop that wouldn't mater.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast