autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    3D and Jescar abrasive liquids. They both resist dusting. The Jescar is probably the highest end, most refined of the European style polishes (think Menzerna), and 3D represents that of the more modern non diminishing abrasive liquids. That being said, I'm starting to be able to use M105 without getting a ton of dust like I used to. I still LOVE my Meguiar's abrasives too. M110, UC, M205, M210, UP, and M06 Cleaner Wax are alway close at hand. I feel like they get to the point faster than the 3D stuff. But the 3D is more suited to my personal style. I also liked the performance of the Rupes line, just not the dusting. Seeing as I'm getting a handle on M105, I might give the Rupes another shot.

Rinseless wash - I don't even have foaming soap on hand, and haven't needed it.

Optimum Gloss Coat - Ease of use. I'm not the biggest fan of ceramic coatings because I don't have the patience to really figure them out. I do like some of the features of the glass bottle variety, but for my time, money, and temper, Gloss Coat fulfills that role for me perfectly.

The random orbital polisher - or as Todd Helme has noted - the random rotational polisher. (The orbit is gear driven, but the free rotating spindle makes the rotation random as it can. Speed up, slow down, or completely stall). This tool transformed everything for me. While I always loved buffing cars, I never enjoyed the rotary buffer. It was messy, wool everywhere, it was easy to destroy foam pads. The splatter was a nightmare before I knew I was supposed to cover the cowling and textured black trim pieces. That first Porter Cable was a game changer for my level of enjoyment, and I'm reminded of that every time I use any type of orbital tool. Lately, the Duetto has been my first choice.
    Are you saying conventional random orbit is what you prefer over forced? I was pretty sure you were referring to forced and then you brought up the Duetto. I thought it was a Random and not forced? Correct me as I'm sure I'm misunderstanding this.I was also curious what Jascar you like for a comparable to 3D one or cutmax. Those have been my main 2 I use mostly and ACA 510 for a bit stronger compound! I also have Merdenza 400. I would like to try the Jescar Line up! Also hear allot about the Ultra lock + Thanks Dic

Post Thanks / Like

I have the PXE and really like it for 2” (bought APS plate) and 3” pads. Has good power and battery lasts a good 30-40 min. Definitely has more power than my long neck Nano

Post Thanks / Like

EGO 56v blower
    CR Spotless
    Ryobi cordless 4gal shop vac (so handy)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The MB still gets a lot of use and will throw out the Ego Blower.

Agree with PFM’s

Autofiber Saver applicator. Apply everything to and including tire dressing.

Rinseless wash sponge…. Maybe…

Wheel woolies

Make up brush for tires. Not to apply but to level out after applying and to get into all the grooves.

Sadto see no one has a Nano on sale this year. Was going to be my gift to myself and sure it would have made this list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I have the PXE and really like it for 2” (bought APS plate) and 3” pads. Has good power and battery lasts a good 30-40 min. Definitely has more power than my long neck Nano
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    EGO 56v blower
    CR Spotless
    Ryobi cordless 4gal shop vac (so handy)
    I love my Dewalt and forgot to list it. But I almost use it more than my Rigid w/15ft hose. The Dewalt is so much easier and convenient to just bring in the car and set it on the seats!

Post Thanks / Like

The single most coveted tool is my pressure washer setup. I have put a lot of time, money and effort into this setup. Upgrading from an old Karcher, the flow rate and ease of connections transformed my washing process.

Now running Mosmatic gun and wand, MTM foam cannon.

Next, my detailing seat. It was a revelation when I discovered seated wheel cleaning, I went from hating wheel cleaning to loving it! Combined with my bucket setup, I look forward to taking and seat and just enjoying the process.

Sticking with the wheel step, this EZ-Detail GO brush has become a favorite tool for cleaning wheel arches.

On the subject of brushes, I absolutely love the new Detail Factory Tire Scrub Brush. These are slightly more pliable compared to the usual stiff bristle tire brushes, they seem to contour better. I love it so much I bought another for cleaning rubber floor mats.

My Blow Dryer, a big step up for me at the time and a crucial step when dealing with intricate front bumpers and grills. I'm trying out an EGO LB765 at the moment, but I think the dedicated blower is more efficient.

Sticking with air, my air compressor setup has become more and more useful. I added an upgraded hose reel recently, combined with new fittings. Also love the Tornador Basic blow out gun, especially on filthy carpet mats.

And lastly, my sink. This was another pivotal change in my detailing process, allowing me to fill buckets and foam cannons with ease, a workbench for measuring dilutions and filling spray bottles, and an ergonomic place to clean up brushes and other equipment after the detail. Love it!

Post Thanks / Like

@DFB. Nice post and perfect looking garage.NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

7. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I went down the Pressure washer rabbit hole for a while with my Mustang but started getting more and more comfortable with rinseless washes.

Work so well on my black mustang been going to town on white as it shows swirls a lot less.

9. Likes DFB, Eldorado2k, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah I went down the Pressure washer rabbit hole for a while with my Mustang but started getting more and more comfortable with rinseless washes.

Work so well on my black mustang been going to town on white as it shows swirls a lot less.

Why not just go balls out and waterless wash with a single Zap Cloth like that old man in their advertisement video? Don’t even need soap, just plain water. NAME A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.lol.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NMAE A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    There are more, but the instant I read the thread title I immediately thought "Griot's PFM".
    I immediately thought of rinseless products.

My large carpro dehydrate towel is really nice. I have no desire to look for anything else but griots PRM sounds like a real winner from what i read.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NMAE A FEW OF YOUR MOST COVETED TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I immediately thought of rinseless products.

My large carpro dehydrate towel is really nice. I have no desire to look for anything else but griots PRM sounds like a real winner from what i read.
    Notorious Dry Towel is every bit as impressive too.

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast