autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Blonde moment...what do you mean?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Sorry If you wet the car 1st. Don’t, touchless should be applied first while car is dry.

You don’t want to pressure wash caked on gunk and grime. You want Touchless to go in car dry… soften road grime/film and then pressure wash off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I think what I’m going to do going forward after I polish and apply new coating next year, is use BH Touchless (or any effective prewash) as much as possible and follow up with a spray and some sealant. That will reduce how much I am touching the paint and will cutdown on swirl marks.

So touch-less is suppose to be a part of a system. The have a second step that can be sprayed on or used in bucket wash called Touch On. It’s suppose to have detergents to aid in more cleaning or ok to be used by itself in a bucket.

I wouldn’t personally use anything after just touch-less as I don’t feel surface is clean enough. Also I would probably use a soap with protection vs a spray and rinse as if Bilt Hamber added a detergent to Touch On they probably feel the paint needs a little more cleaning after Touch Less.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Sorry If you wet the car 1st. Don’t, touchless should be applied first while car is dry.

You don’t want to pressure wash caked on gunk and grime. You want Touchless to go in car dry… soften road grime/film and then pressure wash off.

Copy that tha ks, i do dry too, so i was making sure i was right...you've been using bh way longer than me

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How did you like Frothe? Messy at first?
    Yes. I only used it once because of that, very messy. Feels pretty slick but I still think a rinseless, if possible, is superior.

It also forced me to take my foamer apart and clean the filter inside, once Frothe dried in there it seemed clogged.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Right, I foamed the car while dry because that will help the foam cling more and won't further dilute the product.
    Bruno Soares

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    And on a separate note I am kicking myself for not thinking about ordering the special pump to dispense the BH 5 liter jug products

PITA
    I did order that with it and it's pretty nice. I have to measure it and make sure it's dispensing 1oz per pump, this time I just trusted it but I'll verify next time, just to be sure.
    It also drips after you pump (even though it claims to not drip). I used a small rubber cap to plug the pump and avoid finding a mess later.
    Bruno Soares

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Yes. I only used it once because of that, very messy. Feels pretty slick but I still think a rinseless, if possible, is superior.

It also forced me to take my foamer apart and clean the filter inside, once Frothe dried in there it seemed clogged.
    Crazy how differnt experiences are. Frothe is only thing that doesn’t clog my IK’s First day using Bilt Hamber touchless.. If not a Frothe fan…. Use it as a pretreat for rinseless.

I had to get use to the Fan of the sprayer but now I don’t spray it everywhere. It “dissipating in the cracks I couldn’t get it out of unsettling at 1st.

Now I’m quicker than a Rinsless (unless I use a Rinseless sponge, that is the quickest).

The key is to just remove bull of the foam with first pass and then rest with drying towel. I was trying to get everything with first towel and was driving me bonkers…. I use several drying towels now.

11. Likes Bruno Soares, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I got my AutoFoam a very long time ago from UK and it has a standard cap. The big mouth on the Touchless is annoying.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So....Amazon finally got it right and delivered Touchless to my door last night. Tried it at 4% out of an IK Foam Pro 12 on my wifes Yukon. Vehicle had some decent road grime, thanks to some really cold temps and driving on rain soaked highways. It did a very good job with the heavy lifting, much better than Car Pro Lift. All in all, an excellent product and a good value.

Side note - I will trying it out of a foam cannon next, and will be putting it up against BH Surfex HD (10:1) to see which one actually works better as a pre-wash.

15. Likes Uncbrs, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    So....Amazon finally got it right and delivered Touchless to my door last night. Tried it at 4% out of an IK Foam Pro 12 on my wifes Yukon. Vehicle had some decent road grime, thanks to some really cold temps and driving on rain soaked highways. It did a very good job with the heavy lifting, much better than Car Pro Lift. All in all, an excellent product and a good value.

Side note - I will trying it out of a foam cannon next, and will be putting it up against BH Surfex HD (10:1) to see which one actually works better as a pre-wash.
    I'm going to try Surfex as a pre-wash at some point but it seems to me that Auto-foam and Touchless are engineered to work on your paint, the others really aren't if that makes any senseFirst day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

I recently tried DIY Detail All Clean which has a pH of 12 and I used 4 oz in my IK Foam Pro 12 last night on my g/f's car and it left dirt/salt on the bottom portions. They told me to try 5 oz instead of 4 oz, we'll seeFirst day using Bilt Hamber touchless.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast