autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Applying "Hard" Waxes

Hi guys.Would like to know if have any techniques when appyling not so user friendly paste waxes such as collinite, nattys etc...TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applying "Hard" Waxes

I have never done this myself, but I have read where some actually spray the area with some type of spray wax such as OCW and then rub in the paste. I know I am going to give that technique a shot this fall when I apply Collonite 885 fleetwax to my cars. Dont know what if any effect this would have on looks or durability. HTH.........

Post Thanks / Like

I usually just take my hand applicator and swipe across the top of the paste, then apply to the finish. Most paste waxes are WOWO (Wipe On, Wipe Off) so do one panel at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

As stated, do small sections at a time...misting the applicator helps. Apply as thin as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Hi guys.Would like to know if have any techniques when appyling not so user friendly paste waxes such as collinite, nattys etc...TIA
    I've got Nattys Blue and its one of the easiest waxes to use? Collinitie 915 is easy as well, trick is applying Collinite thinly.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience with nattys blue,I found it harder to spread evenly and thinly.I used the megs yellow foam pad.Maybe its because i just got so used to S100 and souveran...Ive read from other threads that al53's techniques for collinite pastes was to use a damp applicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    I've got Nattys Blue and its one of the easiest waxes to use? Collinitie 915 is easy as well, trick is applying Collinite thinly.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a damp applicator, I haven't had a problem with Natty's either

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoBenzOwner View Post
    I have never done this myself, but I have read where some actually spray the area with some type of spray wax such as OCW and then rub in the paste. I know I am going to give that technique a shot this fall when I apply Collonite 885 fleetwax to my cars. Dont know what if any effect this would have on looks or durability. HTH.........
    That's what I do ... OCW then paste wax. It is a unique spit shine method. I don't know the specifics on what layer lasts the longest but it sure looks good. A traditional spit shine method is misting a panel with ice water and then applying a paste wax until it disappears. This lays a very thin layer of wax down which makes it extremely easy to remove. Instead of water, I use OCW . OCW is supoposed to be a stand alone product with polymers and carnauba but it does work very nicely using the spit shine method.

Post Thanks / Like

so do you let th ocw haze first then apply the paste?

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    That's what I do ... OCW then paste wax. It is a unique spit shine method. I don't know the specifics on what layer lasts the longest but it sure looks good. A traditional spit shine method is misting a panel with ice water and then applying a paste wax until it disappears. This lays a very thin layer of wax down which makes it extremely easy to remove. Instead of water, I use OCW . OCW is supoposed to be a stand alone product with polymers and carnauba but it does work very nicely using the spit shine method.

Post Thanks / Like

With my Natty's, I like to apply it with a blue 5.5" LC CCS pad and use the method they show in the Pinnacle video where you push the paste out past the rim of the jar, then squeeze to hold it in place. Then apply it sparringly to the pad. I always mist my pads with a QD before applying the wax. This method works very well for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast