autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Of these 5 choices, which ceramic drying aid / topper would you choose?

On my family's three cars, I currently have Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax on two of them and Cancoat Evo on the third. I routinely do weekly rinseless washes using eitber ONR or Mckees37 N-914. I am looking for a ceramic-infused drying aid that I can use after each wash.

Up until now, I have been using Xtreme Solutions Topper and have been very happy with it. I also sometimes use TEC 582 Ceramic Detail Spray. Just to try something new, I recently ordered bottles of 3D Bead It Up, Turtle Wax Hyrbrid Solutions Wet Wax, and Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax.

My two main goals when using this drying aid are to 1) increase gloss and shine 2) increase paint protection and extend the life of the base protection product.

Just curious, of these 5 drying aids/toppers, which do you all prefer and recommend?

Thank you,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Of these 5 choices, which ceramic drying aid / topper would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    On my family's three cars, I currently have Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax on two of them and Cancoat Evo on the third. I routinely do weekly rinseless washes using eitber ONR or Mckees37 N-914. I am looking for a ceramic-infused drying aid that I can use after each wash.

Up until now, I have been using Xtreme Solutions Topper and have been very happy with it. I also sometimes use TEC 582 Ceramic Detail Spray. Just to try something new, I recently ordered bottles of 3D Bead It Up, Turtle Wax Hyrbrid Solutions Wet Wax, and Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax.

My two main goals when using this drying aid are to 1) increase gloss and shine 2) increase paint protection and extend the life of the base protection product.

Just curious, of these 5 drying aids/toppers, which do you all prefer and recommend?

Thank you,
    Joe
    Have you considered Ech2o? I've been using that diluted 1:20 for Can Coat and it works great. Adds gloss. A bottle will go a long way. It won't leave much protection but honestly a lot of toppers don't bond long to an existing coating or underlying protection.

TEC582 is great as well.

A nice inexpensive alternative that won't leave much if any protection but is a good drying aid is Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer.

Of the ones you mentioned, TEC582 would be my choice.

3. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post

Thank you,
    Joe
    I am a strong believer in synergy of product lines, especially when the idea is to maintain and fortify the main protection. That means use toppers/boosters from the same brand. Because they will be the *most compatible chemically* since that's how they were derived in the lab. Your odds are higher in favor of extended durability when following this practice (but more importantly by following the manufacturers explicit instructions on maintenance). Even though other products that may contain the word "ceramic" or "sio2" or "silica" have a similar chemical makeup, they are all NOT created equal.

I would use Griots Ceramic Speed Shine for your topper on the vehicles with Griots 3-in-1.

For Cancoat Evo, that's a little more tricky. From what I can tell from others, Cancoat Evo exhibits the best water behavior with NO TOPPERS. That's because it alters the hydrophobic characteristics. If I recall correctly The Guz (aka Mike G) stated that even Gyeon Ceramic Detailer was not a good choice for a topper (though I may be wrong about this).

You may certainly apply other brand toppers if you desire as it won't be the end of the world. Some may even do just fine. It really comes down to experimentation and a very close observation of the performance. It just becomes harder (impossible) to know for sure exactly what your seeing on the surface when you've got stacked layers of spray toppers on top of your main protection. Is it the topper your seeing? Is it the main layer? If you see degradation, is the degradation from the topper or the main? See where I'm going with this?

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, joebruin77, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the TWHS Wet wax. This will increase gloss and shine 2) increase paint protection and extend the life of the base protection product. I have recently also used the FLEX WAX both as a drying aid and as a main wax applying it on a dry vehicle. Again, another great product.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

7. Likes CleanIT, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Evo77 I think it would make sense to use the speed shine ceramic on the 3 in 1 cars as well. I actually put 2 coats of 3 in 1 on my truck this weekend, then went to autozone today and got the ceramic spped shine. Probably be 2 or 3 weeks before I try it however.

9. Likes CleanIT, joebruin77, BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I am a strong believer in synergy of product lines, especially when the idea is to maintain and fortify the main protection. That means use toppers/boosters from the same brand. Because they will be the *most compatible chemically* since that's how they were derived in the lab. Your odds are higher in favor of extended durability when following this practice (but more importantly by following the manufacturers explicit instructions on maintenance). Even though other products that may contain the word "ceramic" or "sio2" or "silica" have a similar chemical makeup, they are all NOT created equal.

I would use Griots Ceramic Speed Shine for your topper on the vehicles with Griots 3-in-1.

For Cancoat Evo, that's a little more tricky. From what I can tell from others, Cancoat Evo exhibits the best water behavior with NO TOPPERS. That's because it alters the hydrophobic characteristics. If I recall correctly The Guz (aka Mike G) stated that even Gyeon Ceramic Detailer was not a good choice for a topper (though I may be wrong about this).

You may certainly apply other brand toppers if you desire as it won't be the end of the world. Some may even do just fine. It really comes down to experimentation and a very close observation of the performance. It just becomes harder (impossible) to know for sure exactly what your seeing on the surface when you've got stacked layers of spray toppers on top of your main protection. Is it the topper your seeing? Is it the main layer? If you see degradation, is the degradation from the topper or the main? See where I'm going with this?
    Was not me. I have no issues with Gyeon Ceramic Detailer. I think it works just fine and notice no drastic change over any of the Gyeon coatings.

11. Thanks evo77 thanked for this post
    Likes joebruin77, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like 3d bead it up, just dont spray it on the panel while the car is still wet and then dry it! Tried it on the hood of the buick one time to test out the method ive seen mike p do with it,(by spraying the panel while still wet the wiping dry)and b4 i could wipe it after spraying, it collected with the water beads and ran down the hood.

Every single bead that ran left dark streaks. They would NOT wipe off. Had to use my napatha based wax/grease remover to remove them.

Might not happen to someone else...or it might. Just puttin it out there.

Spritz on the towel first...then wipe panel.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

13. Likes dwaleke, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I like 3d bead it up, just dont spray it on the panel while the car is still wet and then dry it! Tried it on the hood of the buick one time to test out the method ive seen mike p do with it,(by spraying the panel while still wet the wiping dry)and b4 i could wipe it after spraying, it collected with the water beads and ran down the hood.

Every single bead that ran left dark streaks. They would NOT wipe off. Had to use my napatha based wax/grease remover to remove them.

Might not happen to someone else...or it might. Just puttin it out there.

Spritz on the towel first...then wipe panel.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I did the same thing after seeing Mike’s video on it and had the exact same problem. Terrible experience.

Not sure why Mike is leading us down the wrong path. That product is not designed to be used that way.

15. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There all gonna have proponents. All seem to get good reviews.

Not a fan of TWHS products in general but WetWax is a really nice product.

I would also agree with the suggestion of using Griots Ceramic Speed Shine. If using strictly as a drying aid I would add a couple of ounces of 3-1 to up the added protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Xtreme Solutions Topper under a different name/brand and really like it. It's easy to work with and offers great water behavior.

I would throw Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer into the mix as well.

19. Likes CleanIT, joebruin77, SNP209 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast