autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Of these 5 choices, which ceramic drying aid / topper would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Anyone still use TW seal & shine?....I picked up a bottle for $10 and just did both vehicles today....seemed very easy to use
    I used it a bit a few years ago. The product may have good chemical resistance, but otherwise it wasn't very good at anything. Gloss did not stand out (reduces at application), water behavior was average at best, car did not stay any cleaner any longer than bare paint, did not make it easier to wash the car. And really after putting miles on the car the protection did not last long at all.

So unless you are driving through aggressive degreasers and solvents on a regular basis there are a lot of better products out there. The TW Ice Spray Wax was a much better product to use IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still going through my bottles of Duragloss Aquawax lol
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I saw a video online where the Obsessed Garage guy said he loved Topper but was concerned about the dye staining paint on light colored cars. So he went to the company that makes Topper for Xtreme Solutions and had them make a version that is nearly identical but without the dyes and scent.

Personally, I don't think Topper stains paint. I think the OG guy removed a part on a car and found some Topper that dripped behind it.
    Hello,

My bottle has small clumps in it. The problem I have with extreme solutions is there shipping, I do like their other products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Anyone still use TW seal & shine?....I picked up a bottle for $10 and just did both vehicles today....seemed very easy to use
    I'm still using up the last of one my bottles (newer formula). Its good for a little instant gloss and slickness but honestly its never lasted more than 30 days in my environment on two different vehicles parked outside 24-7. Apparently Mother Nature is a lot more brutal to it then these YT chemical resistant tests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to tell which product you use that is under a different name then topper? I have used topper with great results and am curious what the product is. I also like wet wax and dream maker.
    OG Drying Aid, this version from B&B has the scent and the coloring removed.

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    As far as I know Adams Slick n Slide and Obsessed Garage Drying Aid are the same product as Topper (just different dyes and scents).

I'm sure there are many others.

I would still use XS Topper if I were you. I really enjoyed using it. Probably at or near the top of my list for best slickness and gloss.
    Those are the ones I know of as well. The B&B catalog name is "Slipstream".

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I saw a video online where the Obsessed Garage guy said he loved Topper but was concerned about the dye staining paint on light colored cars. So he went to the company that makes Topper for Xtreme Solutions and had them make a version that is nearly identical but without the dyes and scent.

Personally, I don't think Topper stains paint. I think the OG guy removed a part on a car and found some Topper that dripped behind it.
    Matt was all set to replace Bead Maker with Extreme Solutions Topper until he started to question who was making the products for them. He got hacked off when he found out that it was made by B&B after being told Extreme Solutions made the product themselves. He then went to B&B and requested a scentless and colorless version of Slipstream. The result being OG Drying Aid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123