autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Topping different SiO2 coatings (spray ons0

Ok, so after a 25+yr duration, this past spring I sold the rst of my old Collinite 845. The reason was simple. The look/protection of BlackfireAIO/Blackfire SiO2 competed successfully with Blackfire AIO/Collinite 845. aside: I now know to wipe down car with Iso prep before adding any SiO2.
    So for years I have had a few quick detail toppers . My favorite has always been Griots Best of Show. Bullet proof easy, NEVER any issues. Pinnacle could streak, Mother's best of Show was great , the Griots was better. It was an easy life, wax goes on wax.

Now i am finaally in Ceramic world and have tried 3 different products, all very sucessfully
    1. Blackfire SiO2 (my first product)
    2. Griots 3in 1 Ceramic (stupid easy!!)
    3 Gyeon Can Coat Evo (quickly learned this is just like the old 845, LESS IS MORE!!)

I see in many videos that what you put on top is what you see, what beading level you get etc.
    Therefore, would I be correct to assume that , while it can be done, Griot's Best of Show use should be discontinued as putting Wax over Ceramic defeats the purpose?

So 3+ questions to be discussed.
    1. Blackfire SiO2...best topper for dust removal?? Griots 3 in1?
    2. Griots 3in 1, just use it lightly as a topper also for routine dust offs?
    3. Gyeon Can Coat Evo...THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! ON A SOLAR YELLOW LOTUS EVORA!! This vehicle was just done a few weeks back and has just had a Swiffer duster touch it. Would the Griots be good here also?

or , is there a more appropriate quick ceramic detailer on any of these surfaces. I took far too long to convert. Not ready for hardcore Ceramics yet as these spray finishes are just so damn easy, who cares if its only 6 months...which will never happen cuz they get topped all the time. Range Rover gets corrected every spring after a rough winter. track cars periodically get corrected cuz...well its a track! As usual, there are too many choices out there with massive amounts of overlap. The only thing I get is the lack of necessity to routinely apply the Gyeon CCE. Even the Blackfire is so damn easy, after a good wash, I reapplied a few times. I most recently tried the Griots 3 in 1 over the Blackfire.....Impressive indeed.

I don't want to get into eveyone's 20 step pre ceramic correction ritual. I already found Iron remover to be useless on a routinely cleaned car. Gyeon never changed color on a track car after I washed it with good old Meguiars Gold Class except a few wheel well edges minmally...and this is while running Pagid RSL29's!! I don't park under trees and car is garaged so clay is just too much panel fondling for me. It is obvious many pro detailers get some pretty damn dirty cars to correct!!
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

2. Likes Rollo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topping different SiO2 coatings (spray ons0

Using Carpro elixr over Cancoat every few months….very happy with this combo….super high gloss and beading….
    Glen -

4. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be best to use a topper that has si02 n it.
    Personally i like to apply a lsp or "booster" of any kind after i have washed the car. Not a fan of using a lsp...(example your blackfire si02 or griots 3&1) to remove light dust.

Why not just use a waterless wash to remove your dusty garaged car? And then when you do a proper bucket wash, apply your topper then.

My 2cents...3D bead it up is a awesome topper imo.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have one vehicle coated with Cosmic V2, one with CP UK 3.0 & one with CP Sic

After about every 3rd or 4th wash I wipe all of them down with cosmic spritz

I am satisfied- I just re ordered a 500ml bottle an hour ago
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

7. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boost got info from Guz

Post Thanks / Like

Do toppers reduce the effectiveness of the original coat if the topper is lower quality than the original application. Say Can Coat Evo v some quickie auto parts store products?
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Do toppers reduce the effectiveness of the original coat if the topper is lower quality than the original application. Say Can Coat Evo v some quickie auto parts store products?
    Yes, you will get the results of whatever is the top layer of protection

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok getting this but then let's take Griots for example simply because I have tried the 3 in 1 and been quite impressed. They say you can use the 3 in 1 as a maintenance priduct. What would be the pros and cons of the 3 in1 v the Ceramic Speedshine? I am just using this brand as a basis for others. I know Gyeon has a quick detailer now also and you run into ??? for Cure v Quick detailer etc...A large part of me thinks many of these products are damn near identical +/- 1% strength of product, maybe even .1% strength.....

So I see a shout out for Car Pro Elixir, Cosmic Spritz, and I have tried the Gyeon Wet coat on wheels but found it no more effective than a primary wipedown with some Blackfire SiO2Spray sealant...of course, I'm sure there is also a Blackfire Quick detailer.....it does not seem like the Spray sealant is considered a good in between detailer. The dry wash stuff is probably the same thing as the detail spray with an extra drop of "lubricity".
    Guess I'm just a bit skeptical by nature. The wax world was the same, everyone had their potion, it was just how much they thought they could charge you for their "better" product line. That is the reason I stuck with Collinite 845 for 25yrs...the shi!! just worked, lasted, and the price was not at the sucker level. But the ceramic world has taken this BS advertising to a whole new level. Granted, it is a new , better technology but I wonder how much these companies actually profit with 50 offerings v , say 10???...at the same time there are now 200 brands v 20-30??????
    yea its 90+++in new England with dewpoint in the 70s. I see no reason to experience this kind of shi!!y weather..............a normal day in Florida,ha!