autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm about done with ceramic coatings, not worth it , need suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    What sealant you runnin eldo?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    armor all

2. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    Im now using gliss v2 since it is what i had. Any real world experience on durability? . It claims a year but its not really a coating
    I have used v2 quite a bit. I'd say 1 year is about right. I've typically used UK 3.0 under it. The combo on my college aged sons car is in it's 3rd year sitting outside 24x7 in OH and IN. The horizontal surfaces failed about 1 year back likely due to it being black and baking in the sun. I simply re-polished and coated those this spring. The rest is sill going strong.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had constant spotting issues with coatings as well. Tried two different brands and systems. Neither held up to bird crap or the deicers in the winter. I think most of my etching I had it my coatings was deicer, as I noticed it would appear during the winter time.

Happy to be waxing again.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

6. Likes PaulMys, rick100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    That is your opinion, it is not a fact.

Not trying to pick a fight with you but just wanted to point that out. My experience with some of the coatings I have tried is not the same as yours.
    Nothing wrong with opinions. This is after all a very subjective area.

One persons spotting will be determined a great deal by just what type of water is being used in their after care. So here in Texas, today it's 105. You go to get some lunch and lawn sprinklers go off at place you're eating. We have very very hard water here and leaves everything spotted. We get hard water spot removal constantly. So it has a lot to do with area and what people are using and/or just how they are caring for their cars.

8. Likes BadgerRivFan, Azure, TTQ B4U, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bingo! THe process is hyped as being more durable so you have to do it less often, yet anyone knows car paint life is tuff and at least annually , unless a show car in a garage covered, you need to ( "Correct" = fancy 2st century term for varying levels of cmpd, polish, seal) and reapply whatever wax, Collinite 845, SiO2 rocks your world.

Based on what I just experienced with Gyeon Can Coat Evo, on a garaged car, this will easily give me the ability to do my annual detail after 3-5k miles and a few track days on an Evora. I have seen multi thousand dollar jobs that are 0% superior to that product...for $50! Why I say is because I parked next to a 650S at a recent track day and that is what he paid for the detailing. My finish blew him away!!!! Took 1 hr to correct (car has only 4000+ miles) and ~30 to apply the Can Coat as it was my first car with the product. bet its a 15-20 minute job next time....2023.

This thread proclaimed everything I was concerned about with all these hyper priced bottles. The sprays will quickly rule the world! Just too nice a result and so easy anyone with 1 arm can do it....
    My cars get washed when dirty after trips, track days, dusty windy days whatever. Simple routine in betweens were always something like my favorite Griot's best of Show....which will be retired as a topper when done as the 3 in 1 will take its place or may try one of the other quickie toppers. Its just too damn easy not to do more often now.
    Seems like most of these heavy duty products advertise for the hate to detail crowd based on "Durabilty", which in and of itself is questionable because of all the recommended "maintenance" products, when in fact, its the OCD crowd that loves them because they can claim Coating superiority at their local cars n coffee............. while I'm out on track driving the piss out of the car getting it dirty again.....cuse the sarcasm but I find some of these pro/con rants very amusing.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

He never developed past the mullet years evidently
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Bingo! THe process is hyped as being more durable so you have to do it less often, yet anyone knows car paint life is tuff and at least annually , unless a show car in a garage covered, you need to ( "Correct" = fancy 2st century term for varying levels of cmpd, polish, seal) and reapply whatever wax, Collinite 845, SiO2 rocks your world.

This thread proclaimed everything I was concerned about with all these hyper priced bottles. The sprays will quickly rule the world! .
    To each their own.

Im all for ceramic coatings. A wax or sealant cant even compare to the benefits of a coating imo. Its perfect for our vehicles. May not be for others though. Im going on 3 years since i paint corrected and ceramic coated my truck. Sits outside 24/7. Never needed anything more than bucket wash with ph neutral soap. And every once in a while starting last year wiped i down with 3 bead it up after a wash.

No special soaps needed. No weekly toppers.

Have you ever tried a ceramic coating other than can coat?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 different coatings on many different cars and never seen this water spotting problem. lol
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

another week went by with car pro gliss ( third week) , fortunately the audi saw some rain and sun this week. So I waited a few days to wash it to test out gliss . I washed the car today and zero water spotting with gliss applied on the hood. The water just rans out with the blower and the remaining water comes out pretty easily with the towel , leaving nothing behind

Having said that, there is not water spotting anywhere else on the car with gyeon pure evo except for the roof , its not as bad as the hood once was but they are there. Lucky for me the car has a huge sunroof . Tried cleaning it with car pro spotless and I was able to get almost all of them out. There is like 2 left that I may need to polish. I put some carpro reload , hopefully it helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    another week went by with car pro gliss ( third week) , fortunately the audi saw some rain and sun this week. So I waited a few days to wash it to test out gliss . I washed the car today and zero water spotting with gliss applied on the hood. The water just rans out with the blower and the remaining water comes out pretty easily with the towel , leaving nothing behind

Having said that, there is not water spotting anywhere else on the car with gyeon pure evo except for the roof , its not as bad as the hood once was but they are there. Lucky for me the car has a huge sunroof . Tried cleaning it with car pro spotless and I was able to get almost all of them out. There is like 2 left that I may need to polish. I put some carpro reload , hopefully it helps
    Carpro Spotless actually worked? That’s gotta be a 1st.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast