autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum No Rinse, OptiClean, and Blackfire Rinseless Wash: 4 critical observations/questions w/ Pics

1- Optimum Opti Clean smells like the old ONR. For that reason alone, I'll keep it on hand.

2- My wife says OptiClean isn't as effective as McKee's N914 at cleaning "firework off plastic car" (Little Tikes Cozy Coupe)

2- If you dilute the Opti Clean concentrate, does it turn blue like the Opti Clean 18oz RTU bottle?

3- Is Blackfire Rinseless Wash the same as Optimum No Rinse? It certainly smells and looks the same...

I'm only halfway serious here

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum No Rinse, OptiClean, and Blackfire Rinseless Wash: 4 critical observations/questions w/ Pics

You missed Carpro ECH20—As far as I’m concerned, the best of the lot
    Glen -

3. Likes craigdt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum No Rinse, OptiClean, and Blackfire Rinseless Wash: 4 critical observations/questions w/ Pics

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    You missed Carpro ECH20—As far as I’m concerned, the best of the lot
    Dont test me. I may be missing a couple rinseless/waterless washes, but ECH2O 'aint one of them

Edit:
    Back to the topic at hand:

Smells and colors of Optimum and Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Clean is too streaky and its hydrophobic's are poor from my experience with it. It masked too much of whatever LSP was on the paint. It's best use is on interiors. I ended up tossing the very little of concentrate I had left in the trash.

Never used blackfire and don't have any interest in using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Opti-Clean is too streaky and its hydrophobic's are poor from my experience with it. It masked too much of whatever LSP was on the paint. It's best use is on interiors. I ended up tossing the very little of concentrate I had left in the trash.

Never used blackfire and don't have any interest in using it.
    Think I'm dedicating the Opti Clean to door jambs.
    If or if not the concentrate turns blue when you dilute it will help determine if I keep it around

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say anything negative about the RW's I've used (ONR/Griots/Ech20). All work well. Opti-Clean was streaky for me at the RTU ration. I think diluting it down may help.

8. Likes craigdt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new color hasn't been added to the 32 and gallon sizes of Opti-Clean as of yet. Once they've through their inventory of old stock the blue will migrate through the line. Car Wax gallons and 4oz are now all pink. Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer will follow the same trajectory, shipping green.

I haven't used N-914 yet. But I have and use Opti-Clean. It used to streak when I used to really hose it on thick, but using a more measured approach has made it one of my most frequently used waterless wash products.

10. Thanks craigdt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of those I use Wolfgang Uber as my waterless the most. N-914 for claylube and sometimes for wipedowns but rarely for final touches. Ech2o rarely gets used.

I thought Opti Clean was a degreaser…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Out of those I use Wolfgang Uber as my waterless the most. N-914 for claylube and sometimes for wipedowns but rarely for final touches. Ech2o rarely gets used.

I thought Opti Clean was a degreaser…
    That’s Optimum Power Clean… kinda confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That’s Optimum Power Clean… kinda confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup