autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rim and tire Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post

For the tires I use the Tuf Shine tire cleaner. Currently buy the ready-to-go spray bottle of it, but next restock will be the gallon of concentrate that dilutes 1:3.
    Although I’m sure it would work at 1:3 The recommendation I see on Autogeek as well as other stores for concentrate is 1:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I just got new tires on my Acura TL sedan two days ago. Replaced the Continental DWS06+, which aren’t available anywhere in the size I need, with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. I haven’t pushed them hard yet or driven in the rain but seem a little more composed than the DWS06+. I’ll be giving them a couple deep cleanings soon with a round of Tarminator followed by several rounds of Tuf Shine cleaner since I still have so much of it (gallon I bought and a gallon my dad no longer uses). Hopefully they’ll look as nice as your tires.

And I may need to order me one of those wheel stands with a 20% off coupon. Yeah, need.
    I would do it the other way around. Do an initial clean or two with the Tuff Shine, then follow that up with Tarminator.

The Tuff Shine will remove all of the surface grime and lingering tire dressing, the Tarminator is then going to finish off the process. Apply the Tarminator to a towel and then scrub the tire very hard. Make sure to use a towel you don't care about though...........

3. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I would do it the other way around. Do an initial clean or two with the Tuff Shine, then follow that up with Tarminator.

The Tuff Shine will remove all of the surface grime and lingering tire dressing, the Tarminator is then going to finish off the process. Apply the Tarminator to a towel and then scrub the tire very hard. Make sure to use a towel you don't care about though...........

There has also been some suggestion that Tarminator pre-conditions the rubber for a dressing, although I'm not too sure on that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123