autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rim and tire Cleaner

Brake buster in Australia was $35 for 1 US gallon now it's $45 and that's without
    Postage. So sometimes i do dabble with BO wax wash and find it does just fine and
    adds a layer of wax to the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

I use two separate products about half the time, the other half of the time my rims aren't that dirty and the pre-wash and OPC take care of both. But for the other cases...

A Sonax wheel cleaner, all are good, currently rocking The Beast. What a great cleaner that is.

For the tires I use the Tuf Shine tire cleaner. Currently buy the ready-to-go spray bottle of it, but next restock will be the gallon of concentrate that dilutes 1:3.

Equally important are the tools, too. Dedicated wheel brushes of all shapes and sizes. For the wheel spokes, barrels, lug nuts, brake calipers, tires, etc.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    To do this really right, it’s two different products; a rim cleaner and a tire cleaner… for the rim I like sonax products, and for the tire I like stoners Tarminator
    I never thought to use Tarminator on the tires...may try that. Love that product.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use super clean diluted on both the rims and tires. For the last year or so, I switched to Adams Wheel and Tire cleaner and absolutely love it. It suds up really well and provides a lot of lubrication.

From my experience, almost any product you use will work well, to get tires and rims clean, it's more about the effort you put into cleaning them vs. the products you use.

With that being said, Adams Wheel and Tire cleaner is the product I use, diluted 2:1. I'm very very happy with this product and will not use anything else. For the fender wells, I still use super clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I never thought to use Tarminator on the tires...may try that. Love that product.
    A great product for extremely deep cleaning. I would only use it occasionally though and be careful when using it by applying to the towel and not the tire itself.

8. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I use two separate products about half the time, the other half of the time my rims aren't that dirty and the pre-wash and OPC take care of both. But for the other cases...

A Sonax wheel cleaner, all are good, currently rocking The Beast. What a great cleaner that is.

For the tires I use the Tuf Shine tire cleaner. Currently buy the ready-to-go spray bottle of it, but next restock will be the gallon of concentrate that dilutes 1:3.

Equally important are the tools, too. Dedicated wheel brushes of all shapes and sizes. For the wheel spokes, barrels, lug nuts, brake calipers, tires, etc.
    I would have to use all of these to deal with these Performance Pack wheels.............

They would be stunning though after all that work, not for long though.

Only one thing worse than cleaning those wheels, polishing them!

10. Likes dgage, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I just got new tires on my Acura TL sedan two days ago. Replaced the Continental DWS06+, which aren’t available anywhere in the size I need, with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. I haven’t pushed them hard yet or driven in the rain but seem a little more composed than the DWS06+. I’ll be giving them a couple deep cleanings soon with a round of Tarminator followed by several rounds of Tuf Shine cleaner since I still have so much of it (gallon I bought and a gallon my dad no longer uses). Hopefully they’ll look as nice as your tires.

And I may need to order me one of those wheel stands with a 20% off coupon. Yeah, need.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Brakebuster at full strength. After tires are coated I just use the car shampoo and a softer brush for maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I would have to use all of these to deal with these Performance Pack wheels.............

They would be stunning though after all that work, not for long though.

Only one thing worse than cleaning those wheels, polishing them!

Those are some busy wheels! But look how all that effort pays off, they look marvelous.

14. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast