autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of trying Wolfgang si02 sealant. Questions

I am thinking of trying this. Durability seems decent and from the reviews, it looks very nice. My car only gets about 8-10k miles a year, so I think this will be a once to twice a year application.

I have the WG si02 rinseless diluted to drying aid and use it over my 303 graphene now. Great product and thinking I will use it on the wg sealant as well. Objections to that?

for a booster, go with the wg si02 spray or another WG product like the coating booster?

lastly, if I stick with these two products for maintenance, when I need to reapply the sealant, is a full polish needed, or do you think I can just wash and reapply?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking of trying Wolfgang si02 sealant. Questions

This is all opinion but Uber SiO2 Rinseless leaves some protection so if using as a wash and drying aid, you’ll get some good (short-term) protection as a topper.

I’d say applying WG SiO2 Sealant twice or even 4 times a year would be plenty and shouldn’t need a coating booster, primarily because of my previous paragraph.

I would just do a good decontamination wash with a strong shampoo before reloading more WG SiO2 Sealant. You shouldn’t need to polish unless you actually need to correct the paint some but as long as you’re touching the paint properly with nice towels and good lubrication, you should be good for many years without polishing since it is driven so rarely. But it also depends on stored inside (assumed) or out in the elements.

3. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am using the Meguiars versions of what you are looking at. I have M27 as my base and reapply whenever - cause I have a gallon so don't care, lol - but wash with Ceramic Wash & Wax and maintain with M799 or Ceramic Detailer here and there. The cars bead water like it is freshly applyed sealant pretty much all the time any water or rain hits it. I am very happy. I'm sure with the Wolfgang products it would be a mirror experience.

5. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    I am thinking of trying this. Durability seems decent and from the reviews, it looks very nice. My car only gets about 8-10k miles a year, so I think this will be a once to twice a year application.

I have the WG si02 rinseless diluted to drying aid and use it over my 303 graphene now. Great product and thinking I will use it on the wg sealant as well. Objections to that?

for a booster, go with the wg si02 spray or another WG product like the coating booster?

lastly, if I stick with these two products for maintenance, when I need to reapply the sealant, is a full polish needed, or do you think I can just wash and reapply?

thanks!
    Only need to polish if the paint needs it. You’ll be ok to just reapply. I would do a strip/decon wash every 6 months just to maintain the build up and to remove some traffic film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Use it and love it. It gets applied twice a year to my wife's (garage kept) Yukon. That vehicle gets around 7-8k miles per year. The application is ridiculously easy, and the gloss and slickness are outstanding. I used to top it with the WG SIO2 spray, but since have switched to Sonax Ultra Slick Ceramic Detailer as a topper. Either is a good choice, I just like the Sonax product a little more on this vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Also use the WG SIO2 Sealant on garage kept MB. It was was easy to apply. Have 6 months on it. Still looking great. Have not seen the need to reapply. Paint feels slick. Beads great during maintenance washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. May stick with the si02 rinseless as a drying aid and just reapply every 4-6 months. Maybe a topper isn’t necessary based on comments. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Use it and love it. It gets applied twice a year to my wife's (garage kept) Yukon. That vehicle gets around 7-8k miles per year. The application is ridiculously easy, and the gloss and slickness are outstanding. I used to top it with the WG SIO2 spray, but since have switched to Sonax Ultra Slick Ceramic Detailer as a topper. Either is a good choice, I just like the Sonax product a little more on this vehicle.
    Your inbox is full.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Your inbox is full.

fixed