autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cancoat evo bad experience or not?

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Umm why the hell are you throwing your towels away???!!!Cancoat evo bad experience or not? just wash them and they will be fine.

Ive done numerous coatings with the same towels...just wash after each job.

That suff dont harden that fast

Also if you did not already...watch the guz video on pure/cancoat evo

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    lol probably, but just the thought of one not being good is too much .

Post Thanks / Like

It has been brought up before that CanCoat is not a slick product. From your post it is a bad experience. It is one of the easiest products to use and is all about speed.

I covered the multiple applications in my review. If you don't want your bottle feel free to send over to me. I will gladly take it off your hands.

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

3. Likes opie, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It has been brought up before that CanCoat is not a slick product. From your post it is a bad experience. It is one of the easiest products to use and is all about speed.

I covered the multiple applications in my review. If you don't want your bottle feel free to send over to me. I will gladly take it off your hands.

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo
    I would give it to you if you were somewhat local to me , but I live in toronto lol

I ll give it another try with my other car but I will try a different application next time . It could be speed too , but i m not sure how much faster I can get, I literally put it on and wipe off . Looking back I think that maybe I was covering too much area?, I did 1/4 of the hood in one application and to be fair the lines on the audi sportback are pretty sharp , anyways , I ll play around with it , that bottle is too fk big so I can practice with other cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
    Never again im wasting so many microfiber towels on a coating for 1 car lol. Literally i lost count but i went througj at least 12 towels between pure evo and can coat. All brand spanking new. It hurts
    Wow! 12 towels? Depending on the vehicle, I'll use 2~4 towels. When coating my wife's SUV a few weeks ago with CQUK I think I used 3 for the coating application process. Same for when I used CanCoat if memory serves. When applying CanCoat to a smaller car like the GTI I owned at the time, I only used 2.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Umm why the hell are you throwing your towels away???!!!Cancoat evo bad experience or not? just wash them and they will be fine.

Ive done numerous coatings with the same towels...just wash after each job.

That suff dont harden that fast
    Exactly. If you want to really lower the risk of hardening, keep a bucket with an APC/Water solution handy and as you finish with each towel, stick it in the bucket immediately and leave them there until you throw them in the washing machine.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes opie, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Wow! 12 towels? Depending on the vehicle, I'll use 2~4 towels. When coating my wife's SUV a few weeks ago with CQUK I think I used 3 for the coating application process. Same for when I used CanCoat if memory serves. When applying CanCoat to a smaller car like the GTI I owned at the time, I only used 2.

Exactly. If you want to really lower the risk of hardening, keep a bucket with an APC/Water solution handy and as you finish with each towel, stick it in the bucket immediately and leave them there until you throw them in the washing machine.
    I used 6 for pure evo. It turn out great , only one high spot after application which i was able to fix without polishing

Can coat was at least 4 towels, kept going back lol. So maybe 10 towels

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a case of a misunderstanding of the process and products, improper technique and high expectations of a particular outcome.

No worries though - you live and learn. That is why this forum exists so take heed of the great advice/experience given from others.

That being said, I will add that I think 65 degrees may have been on the very low end of the preferred application environment which may have caused the bad experience (stickiness to apply/remove). That's because you may have needed to wait for it to flash a little longer than typical. OR you may have just been over applying which is a reason why you thought you had to use way too many towels. Too much product and not waiting long enough to flash = horrible removal.

I can't remember who gave this advice here (may have been Mike P) but you can try different application methods in small sections to determine which works best in your environment. Apply in maybe 8x8 inch areas. Do one with a wait time of 1 minute then another section in 2 minutes then another in 3 minutes, whatever works where the removal comes off easy. Once you fine tune it, you do it to the rest of the vehicle.

Remember, you also don't need to apply a lot. Just look at Gyeons video. He literally sprayed TWICE in a towel and spread it over roughly a 2x2 foot area, working it in then flipping towel to buff off residual.

9. Likes opie, Desertnate, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I think this is a case of a misunderstanding of the process and products, improper technique and high expectations of a particular outcome.

No worries though - you live and learn. That is why this forum exists so take heed of the great advice/experience given from others.

That being said, I will add that I think 65 degrees may have been on the very low end of the preferred application environment which may have caused the bad experience (stickiness to apply/remove). That's because you may have needed to wait for it to flash a little longer than typical. OR you may have just been over applying which is a reason why you thought you had to use way too many towels. Too much product and not waiting long enough to flash = horrible removal.

I can't remember who gave this advice here (may have been Mike P) but you can try different application methods in small sections to determine which works best in your environment. Apply in maybe 8x8 inch areas. Do one with a wait time of 1 minute then another section in 2 minutes then another in 3 minutes, whatever works where the removal comes off easy. Once you fine tune it, you do it to the rest of the vehicle.

Remember, you also don't need to apply a lot. Just look at Gyeons video. He literally sprayed TWICE in a towel and spread it over roughly a 2x2 foot area, working it in then flipping towel to buff off residual.
    I ve looked at all those videos , highly doubt I applied too much ... if anything I probably applied too little , literally 2 sprays on a small portion or a microfiber towel for one area ...

funny that I was able to do gyeon pure evo coating which is a full on ceramic coating without any issues but cancoat which is supposed to be a entry level lite ceramic coating gives me trouble lol

if there is different application methods to determine which works best for the environment then this is not the product for me lol.. It sounds like too much effort for a spray on product already. I may understand that on a true ceramic coating . BTW car pro lite which was on the car previously was apply in cooler temperature and i had zero issues, same goes for car pro gliss . I applied that combo on 4 different cars last year, at different temperatures ( summer , fall ) no issues except for 1 high spot on fender on my black audi ( of course the black audi)

but I m going to give it another try in a few weeks. Will report back , this time a pearl white cadillac . This time I will try different techniques to see what works better

11. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ve looked at all those videos , highly doubt I applied too much ... if anything I probably applied too little , literally 2 sprays on a small portion or a microfiber towel for one area ...

funny that I was able to do gyeon pure evo coating which is a full on ceramic coating without any issues but cancoat which is supposed to be a entry level lite ceramic coating gives me trouble lol

if there is different application methods to determine which works best for the environment then this is not the product for me lol.. It sounds like too much effort for a spray on product already. I may understand that on a true ceramic coating . BTW car pro lite which was on the car previously was apply in cooler temperature and i had zero issues, same goes for car pro gliss . I applied that combo on 4 different cars last year, at different temperatures ( summer , fall ) no issues except for 1 high spot on fender on my black audi ( of course the black audi)

but I m going to give it another try in a few weeks. Will report back , this time a pearl white cadillac . This time I will try different techniques to see what works better
    Can't speak about Evo, but found regular CC to be easy as long as you wipe on/off fairly quickly.

I would say Optimum Gloss Coat is also as easy as CC.

13. Likes rick100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I have used many bottles of the first version of CanCoat & currently am on my 2nd bottle of CanCoat Evo. Can be tricky if you’re trying to apply like a “traditional” coating in a small glass bottle. It does not apply the same. Less is more with CanCoat. What was your goal of applying CanCoat so long after installing Pure?
    How do you apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One variable most haven’t mention is your applying it on top of another coating. I felt OG CC was kinda sticky when applying on Cquartz.

I switch to using an AF Saver applicator from a MF towel and applied it with an eye dropper. Did a full panel and then removed. Worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks rick100 thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast