autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon suggestion

I actually just now bought an additional MTM PF22.2 after looking a variety of other options. I just couldn't go past the PF22, have not had an ounce of trouble with the current one, well built and good parts backup.

2. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    Side question - how do you know how much shampoo to add to the resevoir? Is there a general consensus on this? Is it trial and error?

I have a gallon of Hyper Wash and something tells me I wouldn't need to add 2oz to make good foam...
    2oz of HyperWash is what I use......then fill with warm water. Make sure it's will dissolved in the bottle. Depending on other factors....water quality.....GPM of your pressure washer....that should give you decent foam

4. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using the SM Arnold Speedy Super Foamer for about a year now. Only issue was debris getting stuck in the small restricting orfice from some plumbing work that was done. Cleaned it out, still working good.

Just ordered a Griot's Brilliant Finish cannon, it will be here tomorrow. One with be for pre-wash, the other for the main wash.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

6. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Karcher 1700 Cube showing up today or tomorrow. I randomly did a search while looking for dryer vent covers at Home Depot and saw that the thing was $50 off, $129.99.

Sold!

So I would like to get a foam cannon. I don't feel like spending $100 on something with Italian brass fittings machined by elves or whatever, but I don't want something that is total junk.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for very basic functionality at a reasonable price.
    One thing to note....the Griots cannon comes with the smaller (1.1mm) orifice installed...which is what you want for for a pressure washer with the output of the Karcher.

8. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post

Create rich, clinging foam for efficient removal of shine-stealing abrasives and grime, while effortlessly creating lasting gloss and protection via your pressure washer.

* For use with pre-mixed, ready to use solutions of wash
    * Precision machined, rifled, electroplated aluminum manifold delivers rich,
    dry foam and is chemically resistant
    * Dual-threaded cap is compatible with included 33.8 oz jar, and Griot's Garage 22 & 35 oz bottles
    * Double-shot rubber nozzle grips make for easy adjustment of the variable angle spray pattern
    which adjusts between wide fan (40°) to a narrow stream (0°)
    * Flexible, chemical resistant silicone pick-up tube with weighted ball keeps chemical flowing consistently
    * Includes an electroplated Quick Coupler compatible with most quick-release fittings
    * Includes Stainless Steel 1.1 Primary Jet (Installed) for electric pressure washers, and 1.25 Primary Jet
    (Included) for high-performance gas pressure-washers
    The big questions are how long will it last and are parts available?

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Side question - how do you know how much shampoo to add to the resevoir? Is there a general consensus on this? Is it trial and error?

I have a gallon of Hyper Wash and something tells me I wouldn't need to add 2oz to make good foam...
    Most products give recommended dilution ratios but with so many outside factors(water quality, GPM, cannon model, etc.) that is really only a guideline. I have always had to play with the dilutions for foam cannons. Then you get a new soap and have to learn all over again haha. I have dialed in the Hyperwash and Carpro Lift and plan to stick with those going forward. I personally use 2oz of Hyperwash in the reservoir with 24oz of water. That makes enough for two washes of my personal car.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

12. Likes vaca22, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    One thing to note....the Griots cannon comes with the smaller (1.1mm) orifice installed...which is what you want for for a pressure washer with the output of the Karcher.
    Excellent, thanks for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    The big questions are how long will it last and are parts available?
    it's looks to be solid with quality parts/components (many are happy with it). should anything go wrong (like with any product from Griot's Garage) they stand behind their products, call them and you will be taken care of. can't say that for some companies who take your hard earned money and when you have a problem/issue, they don't answer/return phone calls/emails. so many choices/alternatives for just about anything these days which benefits the consumer...

btw, one shouldn't have to use more than 3 ounces of car wash in any foam cannon and/or bucket wash as most are so concentrated these days. if so, find another one to try out. there are so many good ones out there...

Post Thanks / Like

Sound advice. Tried 2-3 cheapies and ended up with the PF22. Foams best with low gpm. the Comet PW he was using has a hi GPM. I wonder if the griots would have the same foam.

I got my PF22 for $67 dollars on a sale and it is worth every penny when you foam.

To be honest tho not much use out of it lately since moving to BH AF for pre wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12