autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon suggestion

I have a Karcher 1700 Cube showing up today or tomorrow. I randomly did a search while looking for dryer vent covers at Home Depot and saw that the thing was $50 off, $129.99.

Sold!

So I would like to get a foam cannon. I don't feel like spending $100 on something with Italian brass fittings machined by elves or whatever, but I don't want something that is total junk.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for very basic functionality at a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I have a Karcher 1700 Cube showing up today or tomorrow. I randomly did a search while looking for dryer vent covers at Home Depot and saw that the thing was $50 off, $129.99.

Sold!

So I would like to get a foam cannon. I don't feel like spending $100 on something with Italian brass fittings machined by elves or whatever, but I don't want something that is total junk.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for very basic functionality at a reasonable price.
    The Griots Brilliant Finish foam cannon and the MJJC Pro 2.0 are mid-priced foam cannons that have a lot of positive reviews.....if I were looking into a new one, it would be one of those.

3. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes craigdt, vaca22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I've likely gone through $100 worth of aggravation and small parts when buying and maintaining cheaper cannons, no worries with MTM PF22. Thing doesnt leak occasionally either which would cycle my pressure washer irritatingly.

Personal choice really.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeII, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    FWIW I've likely gone through $100 worth of aggravation and small parts when buying and maintaining cheaper cannons, no worries with MTM PF22. Thing doesnt leak occasionally either which would cycle my pressure washer irritatingly.

Personal choice really.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon suggestion

I started out with a cheap piece o' crap $20 foam cannon that I found on Amazon. No matter what soap I used or how much I used, I could never get decent foam out of it. I switched to a quality MTM PF22.2 foam cannon and now I get great, thick, clingy foam. 2 ounces of DP Detailers foam soap extreme and 1/2 oz of Blackfire foam booster yield great, shaving cream like foam. Invest in a good cannon.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

9. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer, dgage, vaca22, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Create rich, clinging foam for efficient removal of shine-stealing abrasives and grime, while effortlessly creating lasting gloss and protection via your pressure washer.

* For use with pre-mixed, ready to use solutions of wash
    * Precision machined, rifled, electroplated aluminum manifold delivers rich,
    dry foam and is chemically resistant
    * Dual-threaded cap is compatible with included 33.8 oz jar, and Griot's Garage 22 & 35 oz bottles
    * Double-shot rubber nozzle grips make for easy adjustment of the variable angle spray pattern
    which adjusts between wide fan (40°) to a narrow stream (0°)
    * Flexible, chemical resistant silicone pick-up tube with weighted ball keeps chemical flowing consistently
    * Includes an electroplated Quick Coupler compatible with most quick-release fittings
    * Includes Stainless Steel 1.1 Primary Jet (Installed) for electric pressure washers, and 1.25 Primary Jet
    (Included) for high-performance gas pressure-washers

11. Likes UncleDavy, craigdt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I started out with one of the cheap Amazon $25 jobs, thinking "its just foam, how much different could it be"?

Couldn't have been more wrong. Don't cheap out, you'll just be disappointed.

You'll basically get 2 recommendations:
    Griots Brilliant Finish Foam Cannon
    MTM PF22

I settled on the Griots foam cannon for about $69 after watching the above video, and couldn't be more happy.
    Can't imagine anything generating more foam, and its great quality and easy to use.

So, I highly recommend the Griots Brilliant Finish foam cannon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, great suggestions per usual here. I'll spring for something that won't be a hassle right off the bat. I bought a cheapo foam gun a few years ago from Pep Boys and I knew right away after the first try that I got hosed.

Post Thanks / Like

Side question - how do you know how much shampoo to add to the resevoir? Is there a general consensus on this? Is it trial and error?

I have a gallon of Hyper Wash and something tells me I wouldn't need to add 2oz to make good foam...

Post Thanks / Like

Your product will likely tell you on the label.

Or just trial and error or the glug glug method.
    Earlier today I used some Gloss Shop soap that called for 1-2oz in foam cannon and it was marvelous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast