autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are your opinions regarding Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam?

Onw thing about BH Touchless and AutoFoam......I've yet to see a comparison that has one product 'head and shoulders' above the other. When BH came out with Touchless, a lot of people wondered why they'd have two products in their line that, effectively, did the same thing and were really competing against one another.

Does anyone know if they come in smaller quantities? I'd like to try them both....but really do not have a need for 5L bottles of each f them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Onw thing about BH Touchless and AutoFoam......I've yet to see a comparison that has one product 'head and shoulders' above the other. When BH came out with Touchless, a lot of people wondered why they'd have two products in their line that, effectively, did the same thing and were really competing against one another.

Does anyone know if they come in smaller quantities? I'd like to try them both....but really do not have a need for 5L bottles of each f them
    I don’t believe they do. Running it how suggested in a foam cannon at a 4% panel impact ratio you would mix anywhere from 30-60% of product and then fill rest with water. This method uses a lot of product and seams to be how most use.

Even a 32oz bottle at a 50/50 mixture would fill a foam cannon maybe 3 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Currently sitting in Paulsboro killing time waiting for a meeting to start. If you're anywhere near here, I could probably drop off some Touchless next trip down if you want to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Been wanting to try this product for a long time. A youtuber I follow (forensic detailing) has shown many times how awesome their pre-washes are. Unfortunatelly the product is always out of stock in Canada and I have stopped ordering from Autogeek because of the insane shipping costs. Last time I ordered shipping charge was 50% of the price of the products, I imagine that with the gas cost now, it probably a lot worse.

I hope to get my hands on this stuff soon. Same goes for Meguiars Hyperdressing that has been out of stock for like 3 years now ;(

Post Thanks / Like

My wife asked me for some gift ideas and I sent her a link to a 5L of BH Touch-less. Along with another Griot's Brilliant Shine Foam Cannon. I am excited to finally try some BH products. My car stays pretty clean during the summer and I would like to use touchless when it is just covered in dust and light water spots. Followed by an ONR wipedown. At least that's the plan.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    My wife asked me for some gift ideas and I sent her a link to a 5L of BH Touch-less. Along with another Griot's Brilliant Shine Foam Cannon. I am excited to finally try some BH products. My car stays pretty clean during the summer and I would like to use touchless when it is just covered in dust and light water spots. Followed by an ONR wipedown. At least that's the plan.
    You’ll be able to do that on a pretty dirty car. I follow up a BH pre wash with A rinseless or Frothe wash all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread to talk about pre-soak foams some more.

To those that have used both of the BH pre-foams, which one is better if you are not rinsing with a power washer? I'm working on a beer keg pressure sprayer project and will soon be going almost 100% rinseless (CA water restrictions are getting serious and I occasionally do mobile detailing). I'd like to be able to foam on a presoak with a pump foamer, dwell, and then rinse off with my rinseless solution from my pressure keg. This will have about 100psi of air pressure behind it, but nothing as impactful as what a PW can provide.

I've been using 3D Super Presoak but I find that its dilution ratios are confounding (One quarter teaspoon per liter? 1:1000? What??), and I end up over-using the product to get it to foam correctly, which in turn makes it harder to cleanly rinse away. Its cleaning abilities don't wow me either.

Also interested in American Detailer Garage F-Bomb for this as it is a soap-based degreaser and is listed at 1:10 dilution for traffic film removal, anyone here have experience with that product? BH will likely be better value, but I just want what will work the best.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

Autofoam is for high pressure rinsing. Touchless can be used with lower pressure rinsing.

10. Thanks crg001, opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Autofoam is for high pressure rinsing. Touchless can be used with lower pressure rinsing.
    Thank you, I was looking for this. The general item descriptions of both say to "power wash off" so I couldn't remember which one was which

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

12. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Bumping this thread to talk about pre-soak foams some more.

To those that have used both of the BH pre-foams, which one is better if you are not rinsing with a power washer? I'm working on a beer keg pressure sprayer project and will soon be going almost 100% rinseless (CA water restrictions are getting serious and I occasionally do mobile detailing). I'd like to be able to foam on a presoak with a pump foamer, dwell, and then rinse off with my rinseless solution from my pressure keg. This will have about 100psi of air pressure behind it, but nothing as impactful as what a PW can provide.

I've been using 3D Super Presoak but I find that its dilution ratios are confounding (One quarter teaspoon per liter? 1:1000? What??), and I end up over-using the product to get it to foam correctly, which in turn makes it harder to cleanly rinse away. Its cleaning abilities don't wow me either.
    Dilution ratios are .5 oz per 5gallon bucket wash, .5 oz in a 32 oz foam cannon. If your pw doesnt have hifher gpm then maybe step up the super pre soak to 1 oz in 32 oz foam cannon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

14. Thanks crg001 thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast