autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots ceramic all in one

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    ... like Griots regular OTC correcting creams are dumbed down or something
    FWIW, my understanding of the difference between the BOSS creams and the Complete Compound/Polishes are that the BOSS creams were formulated for long throw use so they won't break down from the heat from all the pad action. If I remember right they use really fine abrasives and it's mainly the abrasive load that changes between the different levels.

The Complete Compound/Polish are made to be used by hand or with shorter throw machines. They use larger abrasives than in the BOSS creams for this reason.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see how they would want to offer both

I just think it’s silly that the car parts stores I am familiar with carry a large inventory of Griot’s products including the standard creams yet none of them carry the Boss line

It could be a Griots thing or it could be the retailers

I just think it would be cool to have a readily available source of the Boss stuff

I’m just never satisfied apparently

Old and cranky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes oneheadlite, BlackCarBlues liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

Old and cranky

Someone calling my name?....leave me be...Gilligan's Island marathon is on TNT....

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Someone calling my name?....leave me be...Gilligan's Island marathon is on TNT....
    Young whippersnapper

Get off muh lawn…

8. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just doing and experiment to see how long it takes my bottle to separate.

I shook it up yesterday morning. It had a layer of 'oil' on top and bottom. Didn't get a picture.

When I shook it up, I started just going up and down, but that didn't seem to be doing a lot. I then did the 'twisty-wristy" and it started to really mix. I did a combination of both shake methods, fairly agressive shaking, for about a minute and it seems to be very homogeneous.

Here's what it looks like after 24hrs of sitting on the shelf in my basement. I really didn't see any separation until about 18hrs and it was very minimal.

I'll try to provide some input as it rests for next couple days.

10. Likes Bosko, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    Just doing and experiment to see how long it takes my bottle to separate.

I shook it up yesterday morning. It had a layer of 'oil' on top and bottom. Didn't get a picture.

When I shook it up, I started just going up and down, but that didn't seem to be doing a lot. I then did the 'twisty-wristy" and it started to really mix. I did a combination of both shake methods, fairly agressive shaking, for about a minute and it seems to be very homogeneous.

Here's what it looks like after 24hrs of sitting on the shelf in my basement. I really didn't see any separation until about 18hrs and it was very minimal.

I'll try to provide some input as it rests for next couple days.

I had to shake mine way more than I normally would shake a bottle of 3D One or Speed to get it to appear homogenous

The first time I noticed it being completely separated again was after 24 hours, but after we really started looking closely and trading pics and stuff I saw that in my case it separated back the way it originally looked after only a few hours

The only polish I ever had that separated that bad was some Optimum polish I kind of let sit for a loooooong time after I started using the Optimum Spray correcting compounds and kind of forgot about everything else

No amount of shaking ever got that back in suspension

12. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there is this separation issue, but do you guys really think it is compromising the effectiveness?.

I'm always shaking bottles right before I use them, it really doesn't matter what is is...call it a nervous habit or what.
    Glass cleaner
    polishes
    tire cleaner
    detailer....so on.....I always shake the chit out of the bottle before I use a product.

14. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I know there is this separation issue, but do you guys really think it is compromising the effectiveness?.

I'm always shaking bottles right before I use them, it really doesn't matter what is is...call it a nervous habit or what.
    Glass cleaner
    polishes
    tire cleaner
    detailer....so on.....I always shake the chit out of the bottle before I use a product.
    I shake everything as well out of habit but I am 99.9% sure I can shake a bottle of 3D polish, leave it for 24 hours, and apply it to a pad with no worries

That's not going to happen with this stuff

Odrapnew proved the stuff works

My issue is the product isn't the way it is supposed to be, they know it, and they need to make it right

Whether it is a freezing issue or a rush to fulfill contracts while at the same time dealing with reformulating and supplies issues or whatever, to me it doesn't matter

Honestly to me it came down as much to a "lets see if and how they will make this right" issue, because buying the 3 ceramic products to try as a "team" was my first experience with Griot's products and it has been a rocky start

Post Thanks / Like

I've also been wondering to what extent other products I have on the shelf separate and I have no idea because the bottle's not clear. I also play cocktail shaker before putting anything from the shelf into play.

17. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For sure something isn't right.....personally I'm going with one of their suppliers dropped the ball and used an inferior product in the ingredients.
    Freezing won't do that short term, plus from my understanding it's happening where weather(freezing) doesn't even come into play.

Time will tell....personally, I'm not going to mess with it, I'll stick to BOSS creams and use a separate LSP/topper

19. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast