autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Foam Sprayer do you recommend?

I am looking to buy a pump foam sprayer. It looks like AG carries the IK Foam Pro 2 as well as the Kwazar Venus Pro Super Foamer. I have used and really like the Kwazar spray bottles, so I was thinking of going with the Kwazar foamer. Which one do you personally like?

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Joebruin77

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Foam Sprayer do you recommend?

Interested in seeing where this goes.

I didn't like the Kwazar foaming sprayer.

I would like to know what those who have used both the IK and the Marolex have to say.

3. Thanks reaper8253 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Interested in seeing where this goes.

I didn't like the Kwazar foaming sprayer.

I would like to know what those who have used both the IK and the Marolex have to say.
    Just curious, what specifically did you not like about the Kwazar sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

What product are you looking to use in the foaming pump sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, firstly I want to say that I truely love Kwazar Mercury sprayers.............I have a cabinet full of them!

I also have a Kwazar Venus Foamer, it's ok but not great. To be honest, I think I would like it better if it was available in a 500ml size as it's just a bit too bulky for my needs/process.

With the correct tip, it foams ok.

I also have a non-foaming Marolex and it's brilliant. Very well made, the perfect size for me and will hang from the side of a bucket.

If it were me, I would look at the iK and Marolex.

7. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes joebruin77, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@DFB. It’s specifically that size in order to have more airspace and for it to not run out of product pre maturely, right?

I’m personally not a fan of the foam in these pump sprayers. I find them to go through product too quikly. I have two 1.5L Kwazar non foaming pump sprayers and I think they’re perfect. I wouldn’t trade them for anything.

9. Likes joebruin77, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Foam Sprayer do you recommend?

So I had a pump sprayer/foamer faze…….

I have been meaning to post a pump foamer review. As you can see I have used the IK 1.5, Foam-it (Ammo NYC) and Marolex Axel 3000.

To start off I will say invest once in an IK foam 12 over any of these. Definitely worth the extra money. Less pumping, better overall coverage. Wish i woulda bought two of those and kept usimg my Round up large wand sprayer in hindsight.

I’ve stopped foaming most liquids except for using BiltHamber AutoFoam and Ammo Frothe. I find, for me, most cleaners and ApC’s work better in liquid form.

Marolex:

1st impression is built well, sturdy. After using it…. Well…. $h!ttY

From the get it had inconsistent foam pattern. Foam was clumpiest of all 3 and used most products.

Tried all the different tips that come with it. Now it’s clogged and just using Ammo Frothe in it. All the other foamers did not have this problem. Would not buy it again.

Also do not like where the spray lock is because i always accidentally engage. Not a big deal but annoying.

Also never been dropped or abused but seam seams to be coming loose. Doesn’t affect performance but QC?

Would not purchase again. Not worth premium price.

IK:

I have the old 1.5 but the spray heads look same inside and out with exception of lock to keep from accidental spray.

Prefer this to lock usage vs Marolex lock to keep spraying.

Build quality is nice but I had one fail at the seam and loose air pressure. Warranty is non existent.

Medium spray works well for Frothe and dry I like with snow foams. Spray pattern is good (Ammo Nicer) and the fan pattern is not too wide. Newest version comes with schrader valve for faster fill ups.

Still not happy with warranty experience I had but it’s a decent product, build quality (feel) is almost nice as the Marolex but it works so much better.

Would buy again.

Foam it/Epoca/Ammo

So i had a problem with first one leaking where release valve is. Ammo replaced it but I wouldn’t count on that every time as the seem impossible to warranty because all companies are from out of country.

Second one has seen most use and has been a consistent piece in my arsenal. The quality of the foam it lays down is most consistent and smooth.

The only drawbacks I see is it has a wide spray pattern so need to get used to distance from surface to control width of fan.

Lastly all the spray heads are molded and put together in 2 pieces. The Marolex and IK have the handle molded in one solid piece connected to bottom piece.

They Ammo/Epoca seam were the two pieces come together runs along length of the handle. Doesn’t feel as sturdy.

Based of performance this would be my first choice but it is also most expensive at $60 from Ammo. It can be found on the Bay from time to time for $35-40 including shipping. The IK can be had from AutoGeek for $43 ($32.75 w/25% off sale)

For price+ performance (long as you don’t need it warranty) the IK is a great value.

Again if i had it all to do over i would save time, effort and money and just buy a IK foam pro 12.

I like pump sprayers for waterless and pretreat. If buying for that i’d buy which ever one is cheapest as the all seam to work well and have a finer mist than the garden ones from Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What product are you looking to use in the foaming pump sprayer?
    I am primarily looking to use this for foaming waterless washes. I recently bought a bottle of Owners Pride Rinseless Wash and I heard that unlike ONR, it actually foams up nicely when sprayed. If it doesn't work as expected, then I will try Ammo Frothe.

I may also use it to apply tire and rubber cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Just curious, what specifically did you not like about the Kwazar sprayer?
    I found it (like all Kwazar sprayers) kind of clunky to use; the foam was nothing special and it ran out of product too quickly.

If a bigger reservoir is needed to make foam, then a storage to hose to spray handle system is probably best. Refilling during a work process is not a reasonable option.

What I think is needed is a small battery operated compressor supplying about a 2 gallon material holding tank supplying a hose and hand sprayer. Put this on a 2 wheel cart with a handle at waist height and a tray at the same height. Maybe have a retractable hooked to the hose (like you see on gas station hoses) so you could lengthen the hose without dragging it. ... Well, at least I think that would work.

13. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I am primarily looking to use this for foaming waterless washes. I recently bought a bottle of Owners Pride Rinseless Wash and I heard that unlike ONR, it actually foams up nicely when sprayed. If it doesn't work as expected, then I will try Ammo Frothe.

I may also use it to apply tire and rubber cleaner.
    Go with the IK as i saw a video of the OP waterless foam decent out of it.

I didn’t like foaming tire/rubber/wheel cleaners as i usually like them full strength and usually recommended to dilute those.

Foam clung but did not clean as well.

Didn’t like wheel cleaner either. Like BB out of it but then tried it neat one time on wheels and like that it got the tires pretty clean.

Can’t startca thread on it but love to hear what you think of the OP waterless in a foamer.

Was gonna order but i have 5 bottles of Frothe to use up and about 3 gallons of different rinseless to use up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast