autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver vs White

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Silver vs White

As you have had many white but no silver, give the silver a go. Then as the owner, you will be the best judge.I personally really like silver, you may end up wondering why you didn't go silver before? Or not. Give it a go and experience owning it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both. Silver will give better gloss than white. It may be boring but it sure is nice that they look cleaner and they hide defects much better.

Tough call but give silver a go this time. Well look at them first and then decide on the color that attracts you the most.

3. Likes BadgerRivFan, opie, RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Truck: Silver
    SUV: White
    Car: neither

Just my opinion from what I've observed (and like).

5. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote silver.
    I have a black truck and a silver truck.
    I spend a lot less time on the silver one

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

7. Likes RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Truck: Silver
    SUV: White
    Car: neither

Just my opinion from what I've observed (and like).

This is a pretty good stance to take on the issue.

Now granted, my first car was white, and I loved getting that thing glossy. Shiny white paint looks great.

15 years later, I have a silver minivan.
    That thing is so gigantic, its just hard to get motivated to do anything significant to it. So, I'm glad it has a color that doesn't requires a ton of effort.

A smaller vehicle, I agree with you- something that you can get easier feedback from is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only had silver and white cars. If I only knew then what I know now. I would love to go back in time and see what my white 1991 Honda Prelude REALLY looked like.

The Prelude was my first car. Each summer I'd take out an old t-shirt with Turtle Wax Compound and just start rubbing it everywhere. Maybe not everywhere, but certainly the hood. It was nice to see the paint turn a lighter shade of white as I scrubbed off whatever grime was on it. BUT...obviously it was never polished and probably never even waxed. Honestly. At least it looked clean!

I had a 2002 C230K in Brilliant Silver Metallic and a 2005 Mazda3 in Sunlight Silver Metallic. They were nice colors for sure, I'd always tell my friends that silver was the color to get.

My 2015 Optima did not look right in any other color but Snow White Pearl, and I think that had a lot to do with the fact that it came with chrome wheels. Actually, I don't know if the trim that I have comes in any other colors; I think I've only seen SXLs in white. My wife's CX-5 is also white. After not having a white car for 14 years prior to that purchase, I was surprised to see that white wasn't actually "white" but rather metallic.

Our white cars look white but at certain angles you can see the metallic flecks of various colors. I don't think you get much depth with white, but you sure can get some nice gloss. To me, at any rate.

I think Klasse will tell you, the dusk hours are when these cars really look good. I am particularly fond of white as the sun sets.

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2 words

LARGE MUDFLAPS

Post Thanks / Like

Silver is the easy choice in my opinion. White shows so much more dirt than silver. I also like some of the comments on the light grey colors that have come out recently. Lot's of flake is the key with either silver or grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post

The Prelude was my first car. Each summer I'd take out an old t-shirt with Turtle Wax Compound and just start rubbing it everywhere. Maybe not everywhere, but certainly the hood. It was nice to see the paint turn a lighter shade of white as I scrubbed off whatever grime was on it. BUT...obviously it was never polished and probably never even waxed. Honestly. At least it looked clean!
    Ahh yes, I remember those days.. Consider yourself lucky to at least have made a noticeable difference. All I ever got out of it was a sore arm the next day. Lol.

But then again I used to use “cleaner wax”. I didn’t even know what compound was back then.

14. Likes Klasse Act, opie liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12