autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Graphene Detail Spray vs Ceramic Detail Spray: Is Graphene that much better?

There is a ceramic detail spray that I truly love. I won't mention the company or product because I don't believe it is sold on AG. The same company makes a graphene detail spray. I decided to try a small bottle. In comparing the two, the ceramic detail spray is less expensive, has a more pleasant scent, and doesn't stain my microfiber towels like the graphene spray does. So if I go based on cost and user experience, I would choose the ceramic detail spray over the graphene spray.

As for gloss, I honestly can't tell if the graphene spray results in significantly more gloss than the ceramic spray. They both seem to create quite a bit of gloss.

I tried to find reviews comparing both products head to head, but could not find any. So I thought I would ask my question here.

Does a graphene detail spray usually create more gloss and leave more durable protection behind compared to a similar ceramic detail spray? Does anyone have any personal experience comparing these two types of products?

Thank you,
    Joebruin77

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Graphene Detail Spray vs Ceramic Detail Spray: Is Graphene that much better?

If you find the definitive answer, we will make a bronze statue out of your bust...pigeons will chit on it for decades to come in your honor...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Graphene Detail Spray vs Ceramic Detail Spray: Is Graphene that much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    If you find the definitive answer, we will make a bronze statue out of your bust...pigeons will chit on it for decades to come in your honor...

Post Thanks / Like

I have used several SIO2 ceramic sprays, and now use 303 graphene. To me , the gloss is the same, but the graphene lasts longer.
    Glen -

5. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Likes Dan Tran, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    There is a ceramic detail spray that I truly love. I won't mention the company or product because I don't believe it is sold on AG. The same company makes a graphene detail spray. I decided to try a small bottle. In comparing the two, the ceramic detail spray is less expensive, has a more pleasant scent, and doesn't stain my microfiber towels like the graphene spray does. So if I go based on cost and user experience, I would choose the ceramic detail spray over the graphene spray.

As for gloss, I honestly can't tell if the graphene spray results in significantly more gloss than the ceramic spray. They both seem to create quite a bit of gloss.

I tried to find reviews comparing both products head to head, but could not find any. So I thought I would ask my question here.

Does a graphene detail spray usually create more gloss and leave more durable protection behind compared to a similar ceramic detail spray? Does anyone have any personal experience comparing these two types of products?

Thank you,
    Joebruin77
    Adam’s ?

For future reference other brands can be mentioned but no reviews or links. Ok to ask questions.

I don’t thonk there’s a lick of difference. Most likely company is just adding graphene oxide powder into the ceramic QD to create another product.

If the Ceramic product is cheaper, stick with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes BudgetPlan1, CleanIT, joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Adam’s ?

For future reference other brands can be mentioned but no reviews or links. Ok to ask questions.
    Thanks for letting me know about the policy. In that case, the two products I am talking about are made by Technician's Choice. I have used and liked their Ceramic Detail Spray. They now offer a graphene detail spray called Gmax. Those are the two products I am comparing. Sounds like I should save some money and stick with the original Ceramic Detail Spray.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know about the policy. In that case, the two products I am talking about are made by Technician's Choice. I have used and liked their Ceramic Detail Spray. They now offer a graphene detail spray called Gmax. Those are the two products I am comparing. Sounds like I should save some money and stick with the original Ceramic Detail Spray.
    If there is a small price difference I would try a small bottle.

Even though I don’t think the graphene oxide makes a difference they could of updated the actual product and it may be better but then threw some graphene in it because it’s a buzzword to the masses.

I believe Adam’s did this with their spray coating. The graphene one was better than the previous ceramic one but i doubt the graphene had much to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, joebruin77, Desertnate liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joe,

I think I know what products you are referring to (TC) as I use the Ceramic too as I can get a gallon of it from a local detail shop.

Check out youtuber (Detailing Breakdown), he did a comparison on both detail sprays.

I will be sticking with the Ceramic for now as the performance is similar, cost is cheaper(I use it on the exterior and interior) and my towels don't stain.

13. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SR77 View Post
    Hey Joe,

I think I know what products you are referring to (TC) as I use the Ceramic too as I can get a gallon of it from a local detail shop.

Check out youtuber (Detailing Breakdown), he did a comparison on both detail sprays.

I will be sticking with the Ceramic for now as the performance is similar, cost is cheaper(I use it on the exterior and interior) and my towels don't stain.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did see the Detailing Breakdown comparing the two products. He felt like the hydrophobic properties of the original was slightly better than the graphene version. But he did not measure gloss or durability. I am inclined to stick with the original.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a thought. Why do you think none of the big players (CarPro, Gyeon, Gtechiniq, etc) have put out products with Graphene in the formula? Because it's a marketing gimmick with no value.

All these companies out there rushing to take their previous formulas and dump some graphene oxide powder in the bottle and pretend it's a superior product, just to make a new sale.

Keep using what you liked, the SiO2 formulas were game changes, Graphene is not and will eventually pass. That is until they actually have a way to produce a true graphene coating and not just add powder to a ceramic formula hoping it will make it much better.
    Bruno Soares

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast