autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Underrated products...

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Is it being sold any longer?
    You can still buy from meguiars direct so i’m assuming it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee’s Glass Restorer

Blackfire Leather Complete

Mothers Revision Glass & Surface Cleaner

Solid Brass Garden Hose Quick Connects & Shut off Valve

Foam Detailing Swabs

Deep Reach Wire Wheel Brush

Zap Cloth

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Wipes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVDetailing View Post
    Meguiar’s Hybrid Paint Coating. Still can’t believe it gets completely ignored on social media.
    Still has not made it's way to Canada for sale... with quite a few other products. I wanted to try this, but settled on M27, maintaining with a combo of their products, Ceramic Wash & Wax, M799, and Hybrid Ceramic Wax (blue bottle). I am getting great results and really really liking the experience overall. For a route not all out ceramic coating, the sealant route, I think M27 is kinda underrated and overlooked. Meguiar's made a really nice all around sealant.

5. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Duragloss, I just tried Duragloss 932 Rinsless Wash with Aquawax and I absolutely loved it.

I recently ran out of my ONR with Wax and thought I would try something new to replace it. I saw a YouTube video on Duragloss 932 where it received raved reviews, so I bought a bottle. This stuff is awesome. It cleans really well, has a pleasant scent, and I love the look the wax leaves behind. I saw another video in which it was used to clean the interior and it seemed to do a great job there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Liquid SiO2 paint sealants, such as Wolfgang SIO2 Paint Sealant and Meguiar's M27 Pro Hybrid Ceramic Sealant. When I first got into detailing, more than 10 years ago, the big debate at the time was around (paste) waxes vs (liquid) sealants. The then current generation of liquid sealants, such as Blackfire Wet Diamond (now Blackfire Paint Sealant), Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and Menzerna Powerlock, were fantastically slick, and application and removal were incredibly easy; however, water behavior and durability were not on the same level as paste waxes such as 476, Dodo Supernatural Hybrid, or Bilt Hamber Finis. Since I've always been a sucker for great water beading, I gravitated more towards paste waxes, even building myself a small collection of various products.

I kind of fell out of detailing around six, seven years ago - just around the time that coatings were gaining popularity - and missed out on quite a few products (and brands!) being introduced and gaining popularity. When I got back into it about a year or so ago, I was researching what new products had come out, to determine which to purchase now that I was again in a position to put a little more effort into keeping the cars in good condition. While I did consider coating them, the lack of running water and power where they are parked at our condominium made the prep and polishing required before coating impossible; and while I also considered the various spray sealants that have come out in the past few years (indeed, the cars were basically maintained with Optimum Car Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax during the fallow period that I didn't have the time to devote to them), there is sometime about the tactile application and removal of a paste or liquid product that a spray wax just cannot match.

After a bit of a deep dive into the forums, Facebook groups, and detailing sub-reddits - reading dozens of threads and posts from the years I had been away - I realized that, overshadowed by the general focus and interest on ceramic and graphene coatings and sprays, the old liquid sealants had also received quite a bit of an upgrade in the years since, with formula updates and infusion of SiO2 addressing the main issues - water behavior and longevity - that I had previously had with them. I have since bought and used Meg's M27 and Wolfgang SiO2 PS; while obviously not close to matching ceramic coatings in terms of durability, they are significantly better than their predecessors in this regard, and in terms of holding up to repeated washing. Their water behavior is also fantastic, approaching those of ceramic coatings and meeting or exceeding the best paste waxes I'd previously tried.

If these products had been out ten, eleven years ago, I likely would have never gotten into paste waxes; indeed, I get a bit baffled at all the recommendations I still see for Collinite 845 or Jescar Powerlock, when products such as these SiO2 liquid sealants are at least as easy to use, and offer better durability and water behavior, while not being nearly as picky on the prep and having a clean base as a coating or coating lite. I guess the timing of their introduction - way after coatings hit the mainstream - mean that far fewer people have used them than would have been the case before, and thus they mostly get overlooked, stuck in between coatings which offer significantly longer-lasting durability, and older products that, though less capable, have had far more people use them, and thus have significant advantages in reputation and word of mouth.
    Francis

8. Thanks Dan Tran, CleanIT, Caraman thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, dlc95, Silly Rabbit, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire leather complete.
    TW HS Wet wax.
    Sonus Motor Kote.
    DP AIO Interior.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Blackfire leather complete.
    TW HS Wet wax.
    Sonus Motor Kote.
    DP AIO Interior.
    I can honestly say I couldn't agree with you more about wet waxUnderrated products...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVDetailing View Post
    Meguiar’s Hybrid Paint Coating. Still can’t believe it gets completely ignored on social media.
    My friend whose vehicle I applied it to, is still raving about it every time I see him!

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Is it being sold any longer?
    Yes, it is showing as available on the Autogeek site. I believe it is only some of the autoparts stores that have dropped it. If you think about it logically, most people aren't willing to pay $30 plus for detailing supplies at the major chains. Sonax tried selling their products at Advance Auto in Pennsylvania (some stores). From what I have seen, that has not done well. A few months ago they had Sonax Polymer Netshield marked down to $6.15 from $31.00 for the larger sized can.

15. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss Aquawax

Sonus Ion

Waffle weave towels

Anything Poorboys

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast