autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latex gloves?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latex gloves?

Raven 6 mil nitrile gloves. They are my favorite.

Very durable.

I often am able to reuse them as my hands usually don't sweat, especially in the winter months.

My gf uses them at work (trimming cannabis buds). The gloves provided by the facility allow for punctures.

2. Likes seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not using anything toxic just (probably time of the season) have my hands drying and cracking after a wash I figured would be better to try wearing gloves.

I picked a cheap multi pack of these up and used them last time doing tire rotations and oil change and really liked the feel/added safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dan looked up some of these gloves and the prices are crazy still! I use harbor freight 5 mil blues for general car cleaning and different black 6 for other care projects.

Harbor freight are $15 dollars a box…. Crazy, i was getting them for $6 before coupon pre pandemic.

My black nitriles were $10 to $15 dollars a box but i got lucky while everyone was buying up the toilet paper in 2020 i bought my AR and nitrile gloves.

Bought the last 5 boxes of large challenger nitrile gloves for $10 a box. Still haven’t used them though as i’m going through my HF first.

For detailing i would use what ever you can fiend that’s inexpensive. Haven’t had a issue with the cheap HF while washing, waxing or so forth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Dan looked up some of these gloves and the prices are crazy still! I use harbor freight 5 mil blues for general car cleaning and different black 6 for other care projects.

Harbor freight are $15 dollars a box…. Crazy, i was getting them for $6 before coupon pre pandemic.

My black nitriles were $10 to $15 dollars a box but i got lucky while everyone was buying up the toilet paper in 2020 i bought my AR and nitrile gloves.

Bought the last 5 boxes of large challenger nitrile gloves for $10 a box. Still haven’t used them though as i’m going through my HF first.

For detailing i would use what ever you can fiend that’s inexpensive. Haven’t had a issue with the cheap HF while washing, waxing or so forth.

So thats why I couldn't find any gloves.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Gloveworks Nitrile (Orange or Green) - they are 8 Mil for thickness making them quite sturdy but they don't feel thick - and they have a diamond texture to help with grip of slippery items.....

Used to have them here - but since the pandemic I've had to search elsewhere....

8. Likes seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reuse my nitriles all the time. I put hand lotion on the first 1-2 times I use a new pair. They come off better every time I use them. Just don't use a well worn pair on nasty chems because they eventually break.

For the stuff I do, latex are junk. They don't hold up at all. The best thing about them is they breath.

For anything quick. Where you're just going to burn a pair of gloves. I use polyethlene food service gloves. They hold up pretty well for a few minutes - better than latex.

I have vinyl gloves I bought to try for situations between nitrile and poly. But, they mostly sit. Sometimes you can have too many options.

The best gloves I have for endurance v. dexterity are Ansell HyFlex. Not for wet situations (But, fine for damp like most detailing tasks) , they have a nitrile face and elastic backing. You've probably seen knockoffs at Home Depot for use as work gloves - not the same thing. HyFlex's are nice gloves. They fit your hand well and keep their great dexterity over the life of the glove. Not cheap, but not expensive if bought in moderate quantities ( or on sale ) at Zoro.

10. Likes seabiscut88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Ansell HyFlex. Not for wet situations (But, fine for damp like most detailing tasks) , they have a nitrile face and elastic backing. You've probably seen knockoffs at Home Depot for use as work gloves - not the same thing. HyFlex's are nice gloves. They fit your hand well and keep their great dexterity over the life of the glove. Not cheap, but not expensive if bought in moderate quantities ( or on sale ) at Zoro.
    A friend gave me my first pair years ago and all my other work gloves were junked!!!! I buy them on Amazon $3.58 pr. #11-801 is my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Gloveworks nitrile gloves too. 6 mil. with the diamond grip on them. I usually use them if I’m cleaning a real dirty interior and 100% use them when using a claybar because I’ve got OCD when it comes to my hands contaminating the claybar.

I also make sure to wear some of these gloves whenever I’m handling any of my vintage car brochures.Latex gloves?Latex gloves?

13. Likes WaxMaster1, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever is at Costco.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My mother has very dry skin, prone to irritation. And, of course, even trivial dishwashing is a great stress for her. I was tired of watching her suffer, and I decided to find some way out of this situation. And one forum advised me to use the usual nitrile gloves, that is, put them on every time my mom does something around the house. I decided to follow this advice and found the website Vinyl Disposable Glove, Latex Free Examination Glove - 72hours.ca, where I ordered a whole package of such gloves. I can say that my mom was totally delighted, irritation and dry skin decreased. So I recommend that you also try.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast