autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need recommendation for first-time ceramic coating, and a couple application questions

Hey, everyone,
    I would love a recommendation for a ceramic coating that is user-friendly and relatively easy to apply. I have never applied a ceramic coating before, so I am looking for a coating that is appropriate for a newbie to coatings. I was thinking of Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating or Technician's Choice Graphene Ceramic Coating. But I am definitely open to other suggestions.

Also, I don't have a garage to apply the coating in. My plan is to wash and polish the paint the day before. Early the next morning, I will give the car a quick wash and final paint prep wipe down. I figure I will have about 3 hours in the shade before the sun starts to hit the car in my driveway.

1) Is 3 hours enough time to apply a ceramic coating to the entire car?
    2) Assuming rain is not in the forecast, will the coating cure without any problems if parked outside after application and if the sun hits it after application?

Thank you,
    joebruin77

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need recommendation for first-time ceramic coating, and a couple application questions

Get yourself a bottle of the new Gyeon CanCoat Evo. Here is my review of it. You will have to order it elsewhere as it is not available at AGO yet. But the new Gyeon coatings are outdoor friendly. Gyeon does recommend using Cure if the car will stay outside. Depends on the weather in your area.

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need recommendation for first-time ceramic coating, and a couple application questions

Optimum Gloss Coat. My favorite for many reasons.

4. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah as Guz said i’d look into the Gyeon coatings Mohs, Pure or CanCoat if applying outside.

Heard good things about the Adams but would stay away from Technicians choice. Did not fare well in Chicago Auto Pros testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Can Coat!

8. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good coating recommendations so far, so I won't bother with others. I use CQuartz UK most of the time, but don't think it would be a good option for an outdoor application.

As for weather conditions. While you might not see rain, what happens overnight? If you get a lot of dew, I'd still be nervous even with an application of Cure.

Also with the Cure, I'd recommend mixing it 1:1 with water to make it easier to apply.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes joebruin77, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Get yourself a bottle of the new Gyeon CanCoat Evo. Here is my review of it. You will have to order it elsewhere as it is not available at AGO yet. But the new Gyeon coatings are outdoor friendly. Gyeon does recommend using Cure if the car will stay outside. Depends on the weather in your area.

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo
    Thank you for the suggestion. I saw your videos on Cancoat and also Cquartz Lite. They were super helpful and informative.

The Cancoat application reminds me of my experience with applying Meguiars Fast Finish. It seems to flash so fast that you can barely see the product. My only concern is if this would make it hard to make sure you have complete and even coverage, since you can't really see where the product is on the paint. Then again, it is so easy and fast to apply that I could easily apply a second coat, which would cover any small areas I accidentally missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch this one as well. Gyeon recommends and applicator is using it outside.

The Adams Graphene Spray Coating is easy to use but it won’t be as durable as CanCoat.

Q˛ CanCoat EVO - YouTube

13. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    The Cancoat application reminds me of my experience with applying Meguiars Fast Finish. It seems to flash so fast that you can barely see the product. My only concern is if this would make it hard to make sure you have complete and even coverage, since you can't really see where the product is on the paint. Then again, it is so easy and fast to apply that I could easily apply a second coat, which would cover any small areas I accidentally missed.
    This was my thinking as well. CanCoat is a good product and should be even better with the new Evo version based on what I’ve read and The Gus’s videos on the Gyeon coatings. My CanCoat is too old now so I’ll be picking up CanCoat Evo in the spring to always have in hand.

15. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shine Supply just release their Relock product which also can be used outside. Supposed 1year durabilty…. Looks to be a CanCoat competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast