autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need recommendation for first-time ceramic coating, and a couple application questions

I asked Mike (The Guz) this same question about 3-4 months ago for my friend and co-worker that wanted to coat his new Bronco, and he gave me a handful of suggestions.

My friend looked at Mike's list, and chose Poorboy's coating. Neither of us had ever applied a coating, and I can tell you with all certainty that it was EASY to use. And the slickness was insane. (Just like Mike told me it would be).

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes joebruin77, dgage, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need recommendation for first-time ceramic coating, and a couple application questions

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I asked Mike (The Guz) this same question about 3-4 months ago for my friend and co-worker that wanted to coat his new Bronco, and he gave me a handful of suggestions.

My friend looked at Mike's list, and chose Poorboy's coating. Neither of us had ever applied a coating, and I can tell you with all certainty that it was EASY to use. And the slickness was insane. (Just like Mike told me it would be).

Good choice. How’s it holding up?

Only downside is it needs to cure indoors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Get yourself a bottle of the new Gyeon CanCoat Evo. Here is my review of it. You will have to order it elsewhere as it is not available at AGO yet. But the new Gyeon coatings are outdoor friendly. Gyeon does recommend using Cure if the car will stay outside. Depends on the weather in your area.

Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo
    One last question, Mike. Your suggestion of the new Gyeon Evo coatings looks perfect, since they can be applied outside. I am thinking of trying either One Evo or Pure Evo and then topping with Cancoat Evo. Since I have never done a coating before, do you suggest I start with One Evo and then once I get the hang of it, try Pure Evo in the future? Or is Pure Evo user-friendly enough that I could start with Pure Evo?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    One last question, Mike. Your suggestion of the new Gyeon Evo coatings looks perfect, since they can be applied outside. I am thinking of trying either One Evo or Pure Evo and then topping with Cancoat Evo. Since I have never done a coating before, do you suggest I start with One Evo and then once I get the hang of it, try Pure Evo in the future? Or is Pure Evo user-friendly enough that I could start with Pure Evo?

Thanks!
    Any of the new Gyeon Evo coatings are user friendly. I have not used the new One Evo but the video seems fraught forward for application on Gyeon’s YouTube channel.

Be sure to get a kit that includes Cure as Gyeon recommends it for their coating when applied outside.

6. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Good choice. How’s it holding up?

Only downside is it needs to cure indoors.
    Really well.

Yeah. We coated on a Saturday morning, and then it sat in the shop until Monday morning. Need recommendation for first-time ceramic coating, and a couple application questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12