autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newby Asking for Polish Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've never had a problem with the sprayer itself, but it does make for a very messy method of application. It is hard to not get all over the polisher and over sprayed onto other stuff.

Great polish. Messy method of delivery.
    I was able to adjust the nozzles on mine, that when combined with strategic distancing from the pad when spraying, doesn't get anywhere except the intended placement.

I also don't use it with pads that have center holes in them. I purchased their pads... Well... The purple foamed wool pads came with holes, so I switched to their microfiber but have yet to use them.

I really love their system. I'm just having a weird time removing the marring Intensive Polish, and Hyper Compound leave in the paint. Hyper Polish, even with an orange pad seems to struggle....

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I was able to adjust the nozzles on mine, that when combined with strategic distancing from the pad when spraying, doesn't get anywhere except the intended placement.

I also don't use it with pads that have center holes in them. I purchased their pads... Well... The purple foamed wool pads came with holes, so I switched to their microfiber but have yet to use them.

I really love their system. I'm just having a weird time removing the marring Intensive Polish, and Hyper Compound leave in the paint. Hyper Polish, even with an orange pad seems to struggle....
    It’s been a well over a decade since I bought the Hyper twins and no doubt their sprayers are better

I am honestly surprised you are getting a level of micro marring that is difficult to remedy

But again, it’s been years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, but Speed is such a GREAT product. And, you can always top it.

This always starts the "But that defeats the purpose of an AIO" argument. But....... do you not top a pure polish? Sure you do. And why? Because it has no protection.

So I could make the argument that you top an AIO because it has little protection.
    Don’t get me wrong

Personally I have zero problem putting an LSP over Speed or Poxy for that matter

I have just run into some folks who insist that their non ceramic LSP of choice needs to go down over bare paint

That’s one reason I picked up SPF, although it’s not a favorite

I am ordering BOSS cremes when I get back from the holidays and from all you and others have said I will probably quit wishing for speedless speed

lol

6. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

I have just run into some folks who insist that their non ceramic LSP of choice needs to go down over bare paint

Lol

Yeah, but I have de-bunked this myth on my own truck.

I have polished half the roof and half the hood with Speed, and the other half with Griot's CC.

I even went "criss-cross" with them (Speed on drivers side hood, passenger side roof, Griot's on passenger hood/driver roof) so that I wasn't looking at it as "Half the truck in this, half in that".

I have detected zero difference in longevity.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes chilly, Desertnate, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Lol

Yeah, but I have de-bunked this myth on my own truck.

I have polished half the roof and half the hood with Speed, and the other half with Griot's CC.

I even went "criss-cross" with them (Speed on drivers side hood, passenger side roof, Griot's on passenger hood/driver roof) so that I wasn't looking at it as "Half the truck in this, half in that".

I have detected zero difference in longevity.
    Careful man

You are getting dangerously close to thinking there are people out there who have common sense or critical thinking skills…

10. Likes PaulMys, Bosko, dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there different grades / grits for the optimum Hyper Polish? I was looking at (Optimum (20574) Hyper Polish - 18 oz.)

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
    Are there different grades / grits for the optimum Hyper Polish? This is the one I was looking at (Optimum (20574) Hyper Polish - 18 oz.): Amazon.com
    I was going to say there are only 2 Hyper grades, compound and polish

Apparently there is a 3rd spray polish I’m not familiar with, Intensive Polish

Looks like it fits between the other 2 and is intended as a 1 step

I’m going to stand back and let someone who is up to speed on this answer and I will learn with you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    In my opinion the weak link to the Hyper twins was always the sprayer, at least the 2 I bought, but that was years ago

I loved the product but it was expensive and I felt like half of it was wasted trying to adjust the nozzle and get it on the pad

My old PC is still a piece of abstract art from all the overspray

I think it was pink and blue

I had OPT send new sprayers and it took a couple to get through a bottle of product

I got to the point I was spritzing it directly on the panel to avoid waste

When you got it on the paint it worked and worked well

I’ve read a lot of comments about the sprayers on the Optimum products but I’ve been using HyperPolish for 10 years now, among other products, and I’ve never had an issue. I just close the sprayer when I’m done and next time I pick it up it sprays fine. I’ve probably used at least a dozen bottles, probably a lot more. It’s one of my favorite polishes. I didn’t really like the compound so it was a one and done.

For someone with limited experience it would be a great choice, especially on that soft paint. HyperPolish on a finishing pad can finish out soft Porsche black paint with no issues. Put it on a cutting pad and it cuts like a light compound. One product with an assortment of pads and you have a lot of versatility.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

15. Likes chilly, D.BRITT, dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Poked around and there are indeed 2 types; Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish, ordered the polish. Turns out the Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice BF-900 is an all in one with paint protectant, decided to pass on that one.

17. Likes chilly, DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
    Are there different grades / grits for the optimum Hyper Polish? This is the one I was looking at (Optimum (20574) Hyper Polish - 18 oz.):
    you should link to the product on Autogeek
    Optimum Hyper Polish Spray, Optimum spray polish, hyper spray polish, Optimum car polishes

19. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast