autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newby Asking for Polish Advice

As others have stated, always start out with the least aggressive product and pad. The areas that aren't corrected will receive more aggressive product and pad. This rule of thumb is even more applicable on soft paints because they correct and can micro swirl so easily. If using what you have, I would start with a swirl remover on a fine pad and go up from there.

I do agree with 98 Cayenne. There are better options out there for paint in general let alone soft paint. Not saying Megs makes bad stuff because it isn't, but it does have drawbacks that other products don't have. I would recommend looking into Sonax perfect finish and Jescar's Correcting Compound. Sonax PF is a great one step that can be fine or have a light medium cut. If Sonax PF can't address your issue that is where Jescars comes in. Jescars Correcting Compound is a good lighter compound that can be worked in various stages of aggression and is great on soft paint due to is minimal dusting. Both work well together, can be ramped up quite a bit by pad choice and work on a wide variety of paints including soft (meaning your other cars).

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I may throw in my own two cents since I have an Black Acura with super soft paint.

I’d go for BF One Step or HD Speed with a LC White pad, this will take out most of not all of your swirls as well as finish out spectacular. Keep it simple!

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    If i buy it i will probably mark the sprayer for the correction position and flush it with water after i was done polishing. Personally, its seems alot of sprayers are not the best in car detailing. Polish angels for instance is horrible.
    I kind of did that for a while

Took out the sprayer but let it drip back into the bottle for a while

Then opened up the nozzle and sprayed the rest into the bottle

Then flushed the sprayer

That got real old real fast

It’s a great product but as others have stated, delivery is the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    If I may throw in my own two cents since I have an Black Acura with super soft paint.

I’d go for BF One Step or HD Speed with a LC White pad, this will take out most of not all of your swirls as well as finish out spectacular. Keep it simple!

JF

Personally, with really good spray LSP's now and very good 1 step polishes for an enthusiast, AIO's will not get you the turnaround has a 1-step.

I last used one just for a very quick polish last summer but a few mths later i done a 2 step on the bonnet of my car. I really don't see a need for an AIO for enthusiast as they are now.

Now if they could get one that cut like a medium polish and gave 12mths protection it would probably change the weekend detailer market.

To me AIOs are for professionals to offer has some kind of quick polish service.

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I should’ve clarified it little bit better regarding the use of the AIO, the abrasive technologies in BF One Step and HD Speed are outstanding and they’re bubba proof, meaning they’ll finish out incredible especially on soft black paint that can mar just by looking at it!

I’ve used One Step on my car in the past and then topped it off with either PNS, Pinnacle Liquid Sovereign, WGDGPS, 303 Graphene, and just used DoDo Juice Black Widow.

JF

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    the abrasive technologies in HD Speed are outstanding and they’re bubba proof, meaning they’ll finish out incredible especially on soft black paint that can mar just by looking at it!

That is the truth

I have said this before, I would love a pure polish based on Speed with the protection element removed

Are you listening Mike P?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This black Subaru was done with FLEX Supa Beast, Buff & Shine orange pad and BlackFire One Step

This BMW X5 was done with FLEX Supa Beast, Buff & Shine orange pad and Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish

AIO's absolutley have there place for both hobbyists and professionals
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

13. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, no love for the Meguiars huh? Turns out the grey 3M bottle was a bit old, it still had a price tag of $7.27 on it and the bottle literally cracked when I squeezed it, time to lose that also.

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I really don't see a need for an AIO for enthusiast as they are now.

Now if they could get one that cut like a medium polish and gave 12mths protection it would probably change the weekend detailer market.

To me AIOs are for professionals to offer has some kind of quick polish service.
    Yeah, but Speed is such a GREAT product. And, you can always top it.

This always starts the "But that defeats the purpose of an AIO" argument. But....... do you not top a pure polish? Sure you do. And why? Because it has no protection.

So I could make the argument that you top an AIO because it has little protection.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Likes chilly, opie, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

M09 was about the only one you had that would play nice with the Porter Cable.

I see you picked up the Hyper Polish, which is one of my absolute favorites.

In the event you need a heavier cut, the Meguiar's Ultimate line is pretty user friendly, readily available, and does an excellent job. Their M110 and M210 were also save from the great purge of 2021.

I'll still use Mwgs Ultimate from time to time, both at the home shop, and the side gig.

The last car I used them on was an Ashton Martin DB11 at work. And yes, I also used a Porter Cable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast