autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Based on what I have read here Hyperwash is strong but still considered a maintenance wash and shouldn’t strip waxes and sealants

If anyone thinks differently please speak up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like Megs Hyperwash. I’m going on my 3rd or 4th gallon. I literally just had a gallon arrive on my doorstep minutes before posting this…

Everything’s good, but don’t expect it to be leaps & bounds different than Gold Class or Shampoo Plus in regards to cleaning ability. It’s a normal soap with the only real difference being dilution ratio and the fact that it doesn’t contain any “conditioners” but that’s about it.

If you’re looking to make an actual change in cleaning ability I’d suggest questioning your lsp because if anything’s to blame that’s where it’s at. Spray sealants or basically anything that comes in spray form is usually the weakest form of protection and that includes so called “toppers” because most of the time all they do is weaken the solid base layer you had going.

If any soap I’d say deserves honorable mention in regards to better cleaning ability for anyone who’s having that sort of issue I’d recommend Carpro Reset.

Btw I’ve never had an issue with Megs Gold Class’ cleaning ability. IMO it suds and cleans great.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Recommendation

Hmm maybe I should just stick with my 3D Pink. It's been doing me well. I'm on my fourth gallon
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Hmm maybe I should just stick with my 3D Pink. It's been doing me well. I'm on my fourth gallon
    It’s very similar to 3D Pink. And if I was looking at a very muddy truck I’d actually reach for the 3D Pink.

Where 3D Pink edges HW in cleaning ability HW is better at preventing water spots in direct sun.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, preventing spots is important here in FL especially in the summer
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Btw I’ve never had an issue with Megs Gold Class’ cleaning ability. IMO it suds and cleans great.
    Up until the last 6 months or so I would agree with you 100%

I used and recommended Gold Class without reservation

It still makes mega suds, it just doesn't seem to have any "bite" as others have stated as well

It never was a hard core "strip wash" type of product but now, for me, it's turned into a joke

I have gone through the rest of a half gallon I already had from before covid and 1 more half gallon ordered after we got back this last June from our unplanned 11 month stay in Alaska

I honestly didn't pay much attention to the first washes after I got back and used the old jug so I assume if I didn't see a problem it wasn't there

After I broke open the new jug is when I really noticed a problem and I have been paying much closer attention to my results since then

I even went to the local parts store and bought 2 small bottles of CG Mr Pink to try and compare because of the results I was getting

Mr Pink was marginally better but not near enough to justify the cost difference

I went so far as to ask the certified guy who runs the municipal water system in our development if anything had changed as far as treatment etc on our water supply, and no, nothing has changed

I have to think the product either changed, or it never did work here and I wasn't paying attention, or I got a bad batch of product

Regardless I will use up what I have for light washes and try a few of the often recommended standbys

Sorry for the continued derail...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

Sorry for the continued derail...

You could always use it as shampoo.......oh wait.....nevermind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    You could always use it as shampoo.......oh wait.....nevermind
    When my oldest granddaughter was about 5 we were in the car and she was behind me

Out of the blue she said "grandpa's head is peeking out"

The beginning of the end

lol

12. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a nice easy to use spray wax like meguiars ultimate spray would be a good idea. I use the Griots ceramic spray now, but thats not as beginner friendly as something like meguiars. a nice clean and waxed car is a heck of a drug.

14. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey DFB show him how to clean the windscreen for safety and maximum visibility
    Walk him through general maintenance oil coolant air for the tyres.

Maybe some BO easy Aussie stuff on the shelf.
    I have a 20 yo nephew who drives a Toyota Camry and when i had a look inside
    the car was about 70% clean i have seen worse!

16. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Making a positive impact on a young person's life is one of the most important things we old guys can do. Get him started with a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal and a grit guard. A chenille wash mitt, Megs Gold Class shampoo, a Griots PFM drying towel, Invisible Glass cleaner, a cheap sponge for wheels are enough to get him started on the exterior. For the interior get him a pack of cheap microfiber towels, some Spray Nine cleaner and some 303 protectant. Spending some time with him will be the greatest gift.
    As a kid who grew up without a father, I valued the time I spent with my grandfather and my neighbors who took an interest in me.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

18. Likes PaulMys, SNP209, DFB liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast