autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show Car Wax/Sealant

If there's no marring I really ought to add it to my arsenal. I have blue Clay Magic from years ago I haven't used up yet. I ought to just pitch it at this point.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    If there's no marring I really ought to add it to my arsenal. I have blue Clay Magic from years ago I haven't used up yet. I ought to just pitch it at this point.
    IMO these are the 2 best claybars ever made. The Blue 1 for normal decontamination and the Red 1 for vehicles that have never seen a claybar.

I don’t skimp, just get the whole claybar and make a patty the size of your hand. Plenty of lube makes claying a breeze.

3. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor, Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like those ought to be the next clays I get.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

If this was a rotisserie restoration and polished to perfection and rarely driven..my choice would be Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

What kind of car and any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

I would try Pinnacle Synergy, 2 layers and then top it with whatever you want after that just for kicks if you aren't impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I desire the look of carnauba above all other factors in a LSP and so I wax about every four months or so. I don't mind it To me it's the "main event" of detailing and it's what I like most about it. I use Souveran and Fuzion. I use Fuzion on my car that gets driven most and Souveran on my other two which are true garage queens. Regardless of what LSP you choose, do have fun applying it. To me, that's the whole point.
    I missed the old "wax-on wax-off" after using spray sealants for about 6 years straight. So I grabbed some Jescar Ultra Lock+ as it gave me that old experience again. It was fun! I forgot how much fun actually. Applying wax/sealant by hand can really feel nostalgic in the era of super easy and quick spray options.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were in the OPs shoes, I'd probably try several products as LSPs to find which I liked best, and what I like "best" would be subject to change... One day I might like Product A and the next, Product B. That's just the nature of the beast.

That said, Meguiar's #7 would certainly be at the top of my list as a starting point. It will provide the ultimate in color enhancement, gloss and clarity. Protection and longevity, in the traditional sense, wouldn't be a priority to me.

From my experience, anything you top the #7 with will slightly diminish the gloss that the #7 provides.

9. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had good luck with Polish Angel High Gloss as a topper/LSP and even a standalone after correction. Very good for dust repellent and shine/depth is amazing.

11. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go a good carnauba like mentioned here on a garage queen. I would probably use pinnacle souveran.

I actually would up it a notch on a rotisserie restore and spare no expense.

I would order Polish Angel Jubilee. It’s about $300. They have $1500 dollar #1 wax and if money not an object i’d use this.

I’d maintain with Carnauba Arts spray waxes and use there presto detailer before taking her out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

$1400 for wax?? Looks like $100 of wax in a $1300 box. Ok, what am I missing?

https://www.polishangel.us/collections/carnauba-creation-wax/products/polishangel-x-carnauba-wax

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would go a good carnauba like mentioned here on a garage queen. I would probably use pinnacle souveran.

I actually would up it a notch on a rotisserie restore and spare no expense.

I would order Polish Angel Jubilee. It’s about $300. They have $1500 dollar #1 wax and if money not an object i’d use this.

I’d maintain with Carnauba Arts spray waxes and use there presto detailer before taking her out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast