autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on ShineMate EX620 Long throw polisher

This particular polisher has stirred some controversy, some people calling it the Rupes killer. Some reviews all around youtube show that it is more powerful than the mkIII to the point that you can polish with an aggressive angle without stalling almost like a rotary. A youtuber also said that he usually uses a rotary to remove pigtails from sanding but for the first time he could take it out with the EX620 wherein the mkIII would take forever to take out. I'm currently debating which polisher I should buy. I'm choosing between Rupes LHR21 Mk3 or the Shinemate EX620 21mm. The shinemate only costs 299 CAD (225 USD) less than half of what Rupes price their polishers and may even perform better. I do detailing for a living and do paint correction a lot. I don't mind spending money on the Rupes but from what I read, the Rupes MkIII has issues with stalling on really tight corners and curves which forces you to pull out another polisher with a smaller pad. Since time is money, I wanted to be able to do everything with just one polisher so doing research on the EX620, some people said you would be able to polish a lot of tight areas where another long throw polisher would just stall simply because the Shinemate has a 1200 Watt motor. I was wondering if anyone on these forums would know anything about it or maybe someone with more experience can look into it as this seems to be a "sleeper" in the polisher market. Would I be better off getting a FLEX 3401 or should I jump into this new product and give it a test myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on ShineMate EX620 Long throw polisher

Can’t comment on this particular DA but I have two Shinemate polishers.

- Ex 605 5” 12mm
    - Ex 603 3” 12mm

Both are excellent and work well for my uses. I haven’t tried anything else though so I can’t really compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you do this for a living and been doing this for some time, what machine have you been using?

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you do this for a living and been doing this for some time, what machine have you been using?
    I started out with a makita 7-inch rotary for a while when I was working for somebody else's shop. When I started doing this on my own I switched to DA with a Griot's G9 15mm throw it's really good I feel like I can finish out flat panels much faster as I dont have to worry about holograms and can do just one step, the only issue with it is I cant do tight spaces as it stalls a lot. I'm looking to upgrade as my clients have shown interest in paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddaj273autodetailing View Post
    I started out with a makita 7-inch rotary for a while when I was working for somebody else's shop. When I started doing this on my own I switched to DA with a Griot's G9 15mm throw it's really good I feel like I can finish out flat panels much faster as I dont have to worry about holograms and can do just one step, the only issue with it is I cant do tight spaces as it stalls a lot. I'm looking to upgrade as my clients have shown interest in paint correction.
    The 3401 is a good choice. The newer Flex cordless is another good one. Being forced rotation you can get into curves without stalling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddaj273autodetailing View Post
    The g9 has a 9mm throw. G15 maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Get the FLEX Supa Beast XCE 10-8 125.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

9. Likes opie, ollever liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The g9 has a 9mm throw. G15 maybe?

Oh shoot my bad yup, it's the G15

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Flex 3401 before, it is pretty good with tight areas but I feel like it's not as efficient as long throw polishers in flat surfaces. I might be just doing it wrong, I was using LC orange pad and m105 at that time but I didnt try it out for a long enough time to get comfortable with it. There was a point though that I kept looking at the Rupes Mille but I have never tried it before, and I heard it's a lot more modern when it comes to ergonomics, and overall smoothness than the 3401.

I didn't mention it in this thread but another reason why I'm choosing between the 21mm polishers is because I also detail farm equipment and semi-trucks. I wanted a long throw polisher for large flat surfaces but at the same time do decently in tight areas. That's why I was initially searching for a forced rotation machine with 21mm of throw but I guess no company was able to achieve that, and then I came across the EX620 which might tick all my needs but I feel like it's kinda exaggerated thats why I was wondering if anyone in this forum tried it before.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

The shinemate 620 has been around for well over 6mths and i have never seen anyone mention it doesn't stall. I suspect any free spinning polisher can stall.

It gets good reviews however. I'm not a professional but i doubt i would get a rupes if i was. Considering the price as you know. You can buy 2 machines, a 5 inch and 3 inch, for the price of one rupes 15mm or 21mm.

3 inch machines are really neat for tighter spots.

My 2 cents..

14. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast