autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray wax vs detailers recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Understood. I provided the link for reference. In my own experience, using the product on customer cars, which are daily drivers and see very little in the way of maintenance by their owners, I've seen 6-9 months protection. For an inexpensive, DIY product, Griots 3 in 1 is tough to beat.
    so is griots 3 in 1 a ceramic sealer some what same as the turtle wax hybrid solution they have that’s graphene ? So if I go with griots I apply it today, that’s the base protections, so what can I use after my wash which is like every 2-3 weeks? More as needed.. do I just use a spray way after each wash like carpet reload?

Post Thanks / Like

I had terrible results with TW graphene series...40 days and all was lost (Hydrophobic's)...max wax as well as flex wax as a topper

You can top Griot's 3 in 1 with Griot's Ceramic speed shine...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by queens guy View Post
    so is griots 3 in 1 a ceramic sealer some what same as the turtle wax hybrid solution they have that’s graphene ? So if I go with griots I apply it today, that’s the base protections, so what can I use after my wash which is like every 2-3 weeks? More as needed.. do I just use a spray way after each wash like carpet reload?
    You could use 3-1 as a drying aid but i think using 1-2 times a month is too much.

I’d use Griots Ceramic speed shine. A QD with a little protection.

If you have Meg’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer or CarPro Ech20, those would work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks cdnrod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots 3 in 1 is a great product but you could see some streaking especially on black paint. A little goes a long way and the type of towel that you use can also make a difference. The Griots Edgeless Plush towels seem to work very well.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

6. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to my parents garage where I have all my detailing stuff and I found some products which are about 5-6 years old. Should I just toss them in garbage or can I still put them to use?

i have some Mothers reflection top coat and car wax.. also have some Menzerna SF 4000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by queens guy View Post
    I went to my parents garage where I have all my detailing stuff and I found some products which are about 5-6 years old. Should I just toss them in garbage or can I still put them to use?

i have some Mothers reflection top coat and car wax.. also have some Menzerna SF 4000
    Ha, I've got the same thing going on. Parents gave me boxes of stuff long ago and those still had detailing stuff. Everything in it was used on what I consider low risk areas but some Meguiar's Scratch X was used, wheel cleaner, etc and all seems fine. I even had some Zaino CS in it. I admit if I was looking for strong protection and trying to get by with 15yr old Zaino I'd be worried but I get the sense many products last well beyond their dates.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234