autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray wax vs detailers recommendations

I like TWIce spray wax,DG Aqua WAX, TW Seal and Shine, DG Fast Clean and Shine, and Eagle One Wipe and Shine. Some day ill try Groits 3 and one.Even though Eagle One Wipe and Shine is a detail spray it does last a long time.

2. Likes RippyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wax makes water not want to stick to paint, which makes it easier to clean.

Spray detailer is meant to be a light cleaner. After every drive, you'll accumulate a bit of dust.

If you want something that last a long time, I recommend Adams Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. Others have tested it for longevity and it holds up pretty well(99 washes). It does basically the same thing as wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Boy soo many products to choose from..thanks all for the feedback. really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I would put 2 coats of 3 in 1 on and keep it topped off with their ceramic speed shine....
    This!

6. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not going in to the detailer vs spray wax/sealant discussion since I think others had already answered it.

I think what product to use for protection is dependent by your regiment and your surrounding environment. For example... I use my 2020 Crosstrek for work and it never spent a day or night in a garage...ever. I travel between 3 states (California, Nevada, Utah) for work. I can only wash the Crosstrek once a month. From all the traveling I do... the vehicle is pretty nasty by the time I get to it. Bug Splatters and water spots are my worst enemies.... fortunately my car is white so water spotting is not that bad of an issue. I am a fan of coating but I like trying out new products way too much so a long term coating is just not in the cards for me. My vintage garage queen is another story. lol

I find waxes does a better job of preventing water spots and bug splatters from becoming a nightmare situation but I do like the durability of SI02 as well. The crosstrek has a base layer of 303 Graphene and I would add a layer of Carpro Reload every time I wash. I also put a layer of Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Graphene Paste Wax on the front bumper and mirrors to deal with the bugs. This combo has been working for me.

Everyone's situation might differ so you have to prioritize what's important to you.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Griots 3 in 1 would be a great choice for you if those you listed.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

9. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I am not going in to the detailer vs spray wax/sealant discussion since I think others had already answered it.

I think what product to use for protection is dependent by your regiment and your surrounding environment. For example... I use my 2020 Crosstrek for work and it never spent a day or night in a garage...ever. I travel between 3 states (California, Nevada, Utah) for work. I can only wash the Crosstrek once a month. From all the traveling I do... the vehicle is pretty nasty by the time I get to it. Bug Splatters and water spots are my worst enemies.... fortunately my car is white so water spotting is not that bad of an issue. I am a fan of coating but I like trying out new products way too much so a long term coating is just not in the cards for me. My vintage garage queen is another story. lol

I find waxes does a better job of preventing water spots and bug splatters from becoming a nightmare situation but I do like the durability of SI02 as well. The crosstrek has a base layer of 303 Graphene and I would add a layer of Carpro Reload every time I wash. I also put a layer of Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Graphene Paste Wax on the front bumper and mirrors to deal with the bugs. This combo has been working for me.

Everyone's situation might differ so you have to prioritize what's important to you.
    hmmm thank you for the suggestion of 303… I see there is no cure time. So far a daily driver would I use 303 just once every 5-6 months and use something else after each car wash? Can I still use like a paste wax on top of 303?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by queens guy View Post
    hmmm thank you for the suggestion of 303… I see there is no cure time. So far a daily driver would I use 303 just once every 5-6 months and use something else after each car wash? Can I still use like a paste wax on top of 303?
    This thread might help you out. A lot of opinions on topping 303 Graphene. Should give you some ideas of possibilities:

Topper to add to 303 Graphene for slickness

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by queens guy View Post
    Thats pretty much what I am doing now. Honestly, I dont think the durability of the paste wax would last that long but then in my case....it only has to last a month or until the next wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Most spray sealants will last a month. Some will go 2 months or longer. Given that you can apply them to an entire car in ~10 mins or so it's not a big deal every 4-8 weeks. For sealants that need to be applied every few weeks I prefer the ones that can go on wet because it saves me time. I can apply them while I'm drying the car. Duragloss Aquawax (mentioned above), Dodo Future Armour, CarPro Reload and a few others are made to go on wet paint. I can dig up the names of the others if you're interested.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast