autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Bullshit…….Apply the correct way it lasts a long time , I’m going on 11 months… And it still gloss is exactly like the day I put it on
    What are you using to wash? If using a SIO2 wash you are likely seeing the wash refreshing a worn out 303 application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    What are you using to wash? If using a SIO2 wash you are likely seeing the wash refreshing a worn out 303 application.
    I believe it was mentioned that on occasion, CarPro Elixir has been used over 303 Graphene.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    CarPro Reset almost exclusively. I don't use any soaps with gloss enhancers over the products I'm testing for just that reason.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

The basis of my car is 303 graphene. Never polished, just applied on a new car after a touchless car wash. It is washed biweekly in a touchless car wash set on rinse, no soaps, it has been hit with a car pro elixir ONCE in June. Other than that it received two coats of 303 applied by orbital back in January and like I said, still looks like I did it yesterday. Not important to me what anybody else thinks, I’m getting amazing longevity out of 303. Garage kept in Florida.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elo76 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was definitely not using enough product. I applied it on a red Ram and then a white durango. White was very hard to see as usual, but thats with any product.

Do you think this lasts longer than collonite 845?

It's been so long since I used 845 that I wouldn't even hazard a guess and that was back when I was WAY over applying products...not just using a few drops on the PCs pad, I was using WAY too much and my results weren't that great. Products that should have wiped right off were extremely difficult to remove and in the case of the 845, it left an oily film that I couldn't remove totally.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    I doubt the quality of the MF matters to the sealant.

This stuff is a little harder to remove than most other wipe-on-wipe-off sealants. I got a little over 6 months duration on my test panel with it. It lasts much longer than most spray sealants. but it also doesn't apply like a spray wax. It has the advantage of being waterproof with no cure time.

Jescar Bead-It, Stoner Bead Max, and a Nanoskin wipe-on-walk-away product (not sold here) all lasted about the same duration as 303 Graphene. These are the longest lasting non-paste/cream sealants I've tried.

If somebody is getting only a month with 303 Graphene I have to question their application.

It IS a bit harder to remove than most of the others, BUT, IMO it's more of a relaxed process than say the TW Hybrid Solutions where you have to try and buff off the residue BEFORE it flashes, otherwise you'll get streaking and smearing (unless you use the "Damp towel, Dry towel" removal method). With the 303, all I've noticed are some high spots (unremoved product smearing) after buffing which is why I take an unused mf when I'm done with the removal to wipe down the car to easily get rid of any remaining product. Too, I've noticed that while you have to buff 'harder' to remove the 303, I'm not inducing ANY swirls or micro scratches from the extra pressure - even on my black Camaro, which is a BIG plus for me.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

The basis of my car is 303 graphene. Never polished, just applied on a new car after a touchless car wash. It is washed biweekly in a touchless car wash set on rinse, no soaps, it has been hit with a car pro elixir ONCE in June. Other than that it received two coats of 303 applied by orbital back in January and like I said, still looks like I did it yesterday. Not important to me what anybody else thinks, I’m getting amazing longevity out of 303. Garage kept in Florida.
    How long do you estimate 303 graph. lasts when the car is covered, untouched and garage kept, for 5 mos. at a time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    How long do you estimate 303 graph. lasts when the car is covered, untouched and garage kept, for 5 mos. at a time?
    If you are applying the 303, then garaging and storing the car for the winter, I don't see why it shouldn't hold up the entire time it's in storage since there will be no environmental assaults on your car's finish.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, maybe only something like a pure carnauba might not last that long. I'm finding myself reapplying every 4 months.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

My car is garage kept in Florida, but it was never kept five months at a time sitting, it is used every day, I live here year-round. This includes a 2000 mile trip to the NE this past summer. Sorry, but I still contend I’m getting better results with 303 than I’ve gotten with practically anything else I’ve used. And I’ve been detailing about 15 years.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting other than the fact maybe a bad batch, there are other factors to consider like environment, how often you clean vehicle, topper or no toppers, Preparation of the paint is key before any kind protection is put on paint, pretty good you getting that durability and its garaged kept

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12