autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 303 Graphene

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene

This is my 2nd time using this and I'm not sure if I'm using enough. When I apply it, I use 1-2 sprays on a mf applicator per panel. I can see it going on but when I come back around to take it off, I can barely see it at all except for some small heavier spots. Is this how this stuff is?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene

Quote Originally Posted by Elo76 View Post
    This is my 2nd time using this and I'm not sure if I'm using enough. When I apply it, I use 1-2 sprays on a mf applicator per panel. I can see it going on but when I come back around to take it off, I can barely see it at all except for some small heavier spots. Is this how this stuff is?
    2nd 303 Graphene experience

Post Thanks / Like

Try a few more sprays per panel, It sets up a substantial Haze for me but I wipe it off and buff 3 min later so you’re only about one panel ahead from doing the job, it’s much harder to get off if you put it on the whole car and then try and wipe off the haze.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 303 graphene and have found it to be grabby when you buff it off. The manufacturers arn't giving clear instructions. Not to mention this stuff barely last a month in some reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Bullshit…….Apply the correct way it lasts a long time , I’m going on 11 months… And it still gloss is exactly like the day I put it on
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene

You definitely are getting performance that most aren’t with that product…. A month is definitely short.

11 months…… well…..bull 303 Graphene

That gloss your seeing was probably your preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elo76 View Post
    Are you shaking it up well before and during application? I shake it up before applying it to the applicator pad *each time.* Shake it up, apply to pad then apply to car and repeat each time before I apply it to the pad again.

I think I'm using 2 - 4 "half sprays" per panel...I spray it on the applicator, then start wiping it on the finish and if I feel that it's no longer applying 'even coverage' I hit the applicator with another 1/2 spray (after shaking it up again) and continue.

There is a definite and substantial haze when applying it this way. I'll admit, I'm not using the best microfibers to remove the haze - Walmart cheapies - and I tend to need a final clean microfiber once I get all the haze removed for a "final wipe," to get rid of any high spot or areas not completely wiped clean during the removal of the haze.

Like I mentioned in my post referenced above, with NO preventative maintenance (washing/use of a drying aid/topping) the APPEARANCE of the car remained outstanding, but the water behavior fell off quite a bit on the top surfaces (except for the glass...it still beaded/sheeted quite well) and that was even with what I felt was improper application.

I haven't had a chance to test my most recent application of 2 coats, 19 hours apart due to work, weather and getting double pneumonia, in fact, I haven't even driven or been in my car, or seen it out of the garage in 2 1/2 weeks. And with the temps in the low 50s, I don't see a proper wash happening for a while.

I hope this helps.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

P.S.

Even though it seems like I'm using a lot of product, I've put 2 coats on my wife's Escape, 2 coats on my niece's Soul and about 6 coats on my Camaro, I still have a solid 1/2 bottle left of my first bottle and I even bought a 2nd bottle despite having so much left in the 1st bottle, because the APPEARANCE of the cars after using it was so phenomenal that even if the hydrophobics "only" hold up roughly 3 months, reapplication every 3 months is not a hardship or unreasonable to me.

BTW, what color is the car you are applying the 303 to? On my black Camaro, the haze is blatantly obvious, a bit less so on my wife's strawberry - red Escape and my niece's red Soul. If you have a lighter colored car, the haze may not be as obvious to you. On the Camaro, the haze is clearly white, even though the removal towels (which are bright yellow) turn dingy with black 'staining' upon removing the 303.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    P.S.

Even though it seems like I'm using a lot of product, I've put 2 coats on my wife's Escape, 2 coats on my niece's Soul and about 6 coats on my Camaro, I still have a solid 1/2 bottle left of my first bottle and I even bought a 2nd bottle despite having so much left in the 1st bottle, because the APPEARANCE of the cars after using it was so phenomenal that even if the hydrophobics "only" hold up roughly 3 months, reapplication every 3 months is not a hardship or unreasonable to me.

BTW, what color is the car you are applying the 303 to? On my black Camaro, the haze is blatantly obvious, a bit less so on my wife's strawberry - red Escape and my niece's red Soul. If you have a lighter colored car, the haze may not be as obvious to you. On the Camaro, the haze is clearly white, even though the removal towels (which are bright yellow) turn dingy with black 'staining' upon removing the 303.
    Thanks for the info. I was definitely not using enough product. I applied it on a red Ram and then a white durango. White was very hard to see as usual, but thats with any product.

Do you think this lasts longer than collonite 845?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I'll admit, I'm not using the best microfibers to remove the haze - Walmart cheapies - and I tend to need a final clean microfiber once I get all the haze removed for a "final wipe,"
    I doubt the quality of the MF matters to the sealant.

This stuff is a little harder to remove than most other wipe-on-wipe-off sealants. I got a little over 6 months duration on my test panel with it. It lasts much longer than most spray sealants. but it also doesn't apply like a spray wax. It has the advantage of being waterproof with no cure time.

Jescar Bead-It, Stoner Bead Max, and a Nanoskin wipe-on-walk-away product (not sold here) all lasted about the same duration as 303 Graphene. These are the longest lasting non-paste/cream sealants I've tried.

If somebody is getting only a month with 303 Graphene I have to question their application.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast