autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Care car research

Hi guys. Wow, it's been a while since I was last here(2015).

Just want to introduce myself a bit. A couple of years ago I spent a little bit of money(around 1K) in the hopes of being an amateur detailer doing detailing for people here and there. Long story short, that never went anywhere because I was lazy. Lol. However, I did take away some things. I know how to clean my car a bit better than your average Joe, lol. It's been so long I don't even remember having an Infiniti as my avatar lol. My how my taste has changed.

It's 2021, I'm 32, just starting community college(I got addicted to video games.) Now I find myself digging back into what I've learned in the hopes of maybe making money from detailing just in case everything else goes wrong. I made a promise to myself to never do any hard labor. I hope you guys don't take offense. It's just not for everyone.

The point of me being here is that I want to contribute something to the car care world. I like cars. Nothing crazy though. I change my own oil, have my dream cars, and hand wash my car. Just average Joe stuff. Again, I want to contribute to the detailing world. I want to apply some of the things that I've learned in higher education so far. Which btw, a lot of people don't take advantage of. I see can the difference being 32 and most students being in their 20's.

I want to use some of my limited scientific knowledge to test out products and answer some of the most common, basic questions we all have at some point in time. For example, does ONR really prevent scratches compared to traditional car soap? Does wax really make paint last longer? Just stuff like that. The reason why I want to do this may or may not be obvious, it's to dispel myths and to focus in on truths. In my last job, a nail technician(salon), there was simply too much opinions being passed around as fact. This is really bad for the industry.

Anywho, here's some experiments I have in mind over the next few weeks(ordering the parts off amazon):

- sponge vs microfiber washing, which medium inflicts the least amount of micro scratches???????
    - contact angles of waxes, ceramics, sprays etc. (higher is better)
    - ONR testing to see if it works as advertised. That is, less scratches vs traditional soap.
    - Dawn dish soap is the best interior APC(because it cleans dirt/oils and kills bacteria really well).

That's all I can think of for now.

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Care car research

Quote Originally Posted by theory816 View Post
    - contact angles of waxes, ceramics, sprays etc. (higher is better)
    An interesting read re: contact angle & sliding angles: Don't buy a ceramic coating unless you know this

Perhaps, with regards to self-cleaning effects, it's kinda like Horsepower & Torque. HP (contact angle) is for show, TQ (sliding angle) is for 'go'!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read you "cut the cord on video games". Nobody every made money playing games!

Good luck with the detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    An interesting read re: contact angle & sliding angles: Don't buy a ceramic coating unless you know this

Perhaps, with regards to self-cleaning effects, it's kinda like Horsepower & Torque. HP (contact angle) is for show, TQ (sliding angle) is for 'go'!
    I don't buy the sliding angle argument that Dr Beasleys has taken. You can change the surface of a surface to bead water, but you can't change the surface's angle(imo). He needs to prove it.

But I will also test for "sliding angle"(if possible) once I gather all the materials.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Glad to read you "cut the cord on video games". Nobody every made money playing games!

Good luck with the detailing.
    Not true..some kid just won a million bucks playing a video tournament.

Top Games Awarding Prize Money
    #1. $276,364,612.77. 4064 Players. 1548 Tournaments.
    #2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. $122,637,075.91. 14356 Players. 5929 Tournaments.
    #3. Fortnite. $108,281,355.70. 4866 Players. 740 Tournaments.
    #4. $87,231,390.10. 7858 Players. 2635 Tournaments.
    #5. StarCraft II. $35,746,279.78. 2104 Players.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack, NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Not true..some kid just won a million bucks playing a video tournament.

Top Games Awarding Prize Money
    #1. $276,364,612.77. 4064 Players. 1548 Tournaments.
    #2. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. $122,637,075.91. 14356 Players. 5929 Tournaments.
    #3. Fortnite. $108,281,355.70. 4866 Players. 740 Tournaments.
    #4. $87,231,390.10. 7858 Players. 2635 Tournaments.
    #5. StarCraft II. $35,746,279.78. 2104 Players.
    Games can be really bad for the general public. I learned in psychology 101 some of the techniques that video games employ to hook their players. It's quite sad. And I feel victim to it for years. They are targeting kids even younger now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theory816 View Post
    Games can be really bad for the general public. I learned in psychology 101 some of the techniques that video games employ to hook their players. It's quite sad. And I feel victim to it for years. They are targeting kids even younger now.
    I myself have never gotten trapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I myself have never gotten trapped.
    I tried smoking and drinking alcohol but never got trapped myself. However, with certain types of videos games, it's designed to trap you and make you addicted. In case anyone is wondering, I got addicted to the COD series - this was the company that recently got sued by the state of California for harassing their female workers.

Post Thanks / Like

Love me some Warzone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Why did I know this tread would turn into a video game convo.....lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast