autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally investing in my own polishing equipment.

I’m a big fan of the Rupes Yellow foam pads. And CarPro Essence is amazing.
    Bruno Soares

2. Likes chilly, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, our offer on a house was accepted, nice big two car garage with plenty of shelves and bench space. Upgrade the lighting, reseal the floor and fill some cracks. I should have a suitable location to polish and detail regularly, finally.

My end game will be to have the garage capable of washing cars in year-round, doors closed, without water concerns. The most expensive part of that, from what I can tell, will e repairing the floor and installing a drain that leads to the driveway, which already has a nice large drain grate. Heat? Torpedo heaters are amazing.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

4. Likes Uncbrs, Bosko, chilly, dgage, NightDrive43 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Well, our offer on a house was accepted, nice big two car garage with plenty of shelves and bench space. Upgrade the lighting, reseal the floor and fill some cracks. I should have a suitable location to polish and detail regularly, finally.

My end game will be to have the garage capable of washing cars in year-round, doors closed, without water concerns. The most expensive part of that, from what I can tell, will e repairing the floor and installing a drain that leads to the driveway, which already has a nice large drain grate. Heat? Torpedo heaters are amazing.
    Well, there goes your detailing budget down the drain

Literally...

lol

6. Likes Uncbrs, PouncingPanzer, NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Well, there goes your detailing budget down the drain

Literally...

lol
    Ha! No joke.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent been around this community since I returned to my regular job this year... but my 2 cents on abrasive products is this.

Majority of the products (abrasive) from reputable companies these days are fairly good. The differences between them are slight and what we generally talks about in the end is the user experiences between them. From my personal journey, I find that one has to work with them for a length of time to get the most of out them. By having a full understanding what the product capabilities are will give you more efficiency and effectiveness. It is this that will give you the result you are expecting.

Dont make the mistake as I had done by buying products that I only use once or twice. It is simply a money pit. Only if I could talk to my younger self and tell him to stick with it a little bit longer and learn how to max out the products.... I would have alot more $$$$ in my account. LOL

10. Likes Uncbrs, chilly, PouncingPanzer, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still going back and forth with myself on what AIO I would like to try first. Reading reviews seems like there are many good choices. Rupes, 3D, Megs, Menzerna...so many choices

Thinking it is down to the Rupes and Menzerna options. Seems like everyone who uses those love them. I have settled on Rupes and Lake Country for starting out pads. Few of each brand of various levels of cut.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t use it but if you’re thinking an AIO, 3D is probably the most popular. So if you asked me for one AIO, it would be 3D, I think I either Speed (protection) or One.

13. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t use it but if you’re thinking an AIO, 3D is probably the most popular. So if you asked me for one AIO, it would be 3D, I think I either Speed (protection) or One.
    If you got 3D One for a one step and 3D Speed for an AIO you could do everything from "pretty messed up to shiny and finished with an LSP" with 2 products and probably 2 pads

I am not saying other brands couldn't give you the same thing but this is a tried and true combination that has been very popular and continues to be popular among pros and advanced hobbyists

Many people will rag on 3D Speed for not having a very long life for the LSP component but it can easily be topped with something else

I am not aware of any AIO that gives phenomenal life from the LSP component but others here may know of something

3D One and Speed, in my book, are easy to apply, cycle forever, and wipe off nicely

15. Thanks 1967RS thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Still going back and forth with myself on what AIO I would like to try first. Reading reviews seems like there are many good choices. Rupes, 3D, Megs, Menzerna...so many choices

Thinking it is down to the Rupes and Menzerna options. Seems like everyone who uses those love them. I have settled on Rupes and Lake Country for starting out pads. Few of each brand of various levels of cut.
    Search around. AGO has samples (I think they sell and give them away with orders) and others sell smaller bottles of many brands. I once thought I could get away with just 1 polish and I'm up to 5 I think now and like them all.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

17. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    If you got 3D One for a one step and 3D Speed for an AIO you could do everything from "pretty messed up to shiny and finished with an LSP" with 2 products and probably 2 pads

I am not saying other brands couldn't give you the same thing but this is a tried and true combination that has been very popular and continues to be popular among pros and advanced hobbyists

Many people will rag on 3D Speed for not having a very long life for the LSP component but it can easily be topped with something else

I am not aware of any AIO that gives phenomenal life from the LSP component but others here may know of something

3D One and Speed, in my book, are easy to apply, cycle forever, and wipe off nicely
    This is the sorta information I am looking for. I'd like to keep it lean and avoid as much experimenting as possible. Gonna try and keep it lean!

19. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast