autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Season of Discontent is upon us...

The season of discontent is officially upon me. Made the swap tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Klasse Act, PouncingPanzer, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully sneaking a post-first snow car wash in tomorrow. Headed to my folks and love taking advantage of their super soft water. Everything just goes better with good soft water.... ODOT went mad with the salt last night my car is already covered. The Pure Grey paint helps mask the salt a tiny bit from afar which is nice. It is going to be a high of 44F tomorrow outside for the foam pre-wash. I will be pulling into a garage and using a garden hose from there. Sharing the garage with a '76 Imperial New Yorker means no pressure washer allowed haha. Standard two-bucket wash. Using Carpro Lift for pre-wash and Sonax Actifoam Energy in the bucket. I am liking that stuff the more I use it. Anyone else use Actifoam yet?
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Winter tires/stock rims go on next Saturday, along with WeatherTechs re-installedThe Season of Discontent is upon us...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I haven't bought winter tires in over a decade. I just put some fresh Michelin PS All Season 4s on. Enjoyed them all fall, quiet, good grip in wet or dry. Surprisingly soft for all seasons but that's Michelin's for ya. Haven't found a tire that rides or feels better though. Especially for All Seasons. The nice thing about a FWD with limited slip means "sport" mode is also "snow" mode lol. For floor mats I rock the OEM VW rubber Monster Mats year-round.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I've found icy conditions are where the winter tires really make the difference. When you run a winter tire vs an all season on ice covered roads, the difference is quite noticeable. Many of the all seasons do pretty well in snow. In fact I think the Conti DWS's I ran on my GTI did quite well in snow and slush.

My issue these days is I run summer tires in the warm months and I'm addicted to the grip they offer. That drives a swap when the cold weather rolls in.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes CleanIT, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've found icy conditions are where the winter tires really make the difference. When you run a winter tire vs an all season on ice covered roads, the difference is quite noticeable. Many of the all seasons do pretty well in snow. In fact I think the Conti DWS's I ran on my GTI did quite well in snow and slush.

My issue these days is I run summer tires in the warm months and I'm addicted to the grip they offer. That drives a swap when the cold weather rolls in.
    Knock on wood it has been a few winters now since we had any decent amount of ice on anything. ODOT uses Lake Erie rock salt like it's going out of style. The road my work is on looked graveled this morning haha. I feel like I will make the sticky summer tire jump once these are done as at that point we will probably have another vehicle in the family(I want a Honda or Toyota SUV) and I can do more to my GLI. Like park it for the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Many years ago I ran some summer ultra high performance on my daily driver and I was in Sam’s Club in Nashville, TN when I came out to a parking lot covered in snow. I was sliding all over the place getting home. Guess it was a good thing I learned to drive in Fairbanks, AK. Now I stick with high performance all-season tires and I don’t have to worry about it down here and they last longer than 20,000 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

DWS06/Konig's come off tomorrow, Blizzaks/OEM's go onThe Season of Discontent is upon us...

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

The Season of Discontent is upon us...

No discontent here. It was 40 degrees and sunny. The truck got a full two bucket wash while I was dressed in shorts and a t shirt.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    No discontent here. It was 40 degrees and sunny. The truck got a full two bucket wash while I was dressed in shorts and a t shirt.

40...shorts and a t-shirtThe Season of Discontent is upon us...

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    40...shorts and a t-shirtThe Season of Discontent is upon us...

At least I didn't sweat.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast