autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I need to get everything out of my trunk pretty soon!
    Thanks for the reminder. I've been making it a habit of not keeping my clubs in the trunk, but I got lazy this year. Time to bring the bag in

Post Thanks / Like

I started to keep all detailing products inside in the basement to avoid extreme temperature changes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep all of my gallons, coatings, and things I don't use on a regular basis in a coat closet inside the house. RTUs, shampoos, etc. are in the cabinets in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I think that would depend on temperature range and the products. 303, is one product I know to keep from freezing. I got a bluetooth thermometer that I stuck in the garage so I could see how often it got below freezing or got too hot. It's often enough that's there's only a few months out of the year I'll leave stuff out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I started to keep all detailing products inside in the basement to avoid extreme temperature changes.
    I also just keep all my stuff in the basement full time - Though I do let the iron removers live in the garage out of laziness (I could cap and bag them, but...). So far no ill effect noted. I feel better keeping all my towels down there; even though they're all in bins I just worry about contamination in the garage. I've gotten pretty quick at loading a tote with whatever towels/mitts I think I'll need, and I've got a carrier for whatever products.

In the summer I'll keep some RTU bottles on the shelf in the garage as well as a pre-mixed (sealed) bucket of Rinseless Wash.

Now that we're getting into winter and the outside faucet is off, I've been working on the winter-wash system I'll be trying this year. I've got a cordless pressure washer (800psi/.8GPM) that I pre-rinse with before doing a rinseless wash. From hearing other members talk about it, I've been trying Ammo's Frothe added into the process - we'll see what I end up finalizing for a routine.

Only part I'm not sure about with using the pressure washer is the runoff water - not sure if I'm going to turn my driveway into a death rink from what creeps under the door...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I also just keep all my stuff in the basement full time - Though I do let the iron removers live in the garage out of laziness (I could cap and bag them, but...). So far no ill effect noted. I feel better keeping all my towels down there; even though they're all in bins I just worry about contamination in the garage. I've gotten pretty quick at loading a tote with whatever towels/mitts I think I'll need, and I've got a carrier for whatever products.

In the summer I'll keep some RTU bottles on the shelf in the garage as well as a pre-mixed (sealed) bucket of Rinseless Wash.

Now that we're getting into winter and the outside faucet is off, I've been working on the winter-wash system I'll be trying this year. I've got a cordless pressure washer (800psi/.8GPM) that I pre-rinse with before doing a rinseless wash. From hearing other members talk about it, I've been trying Ammo's Frothe added into the process - we'll see what I end up finalizing for a routine.

Only part I'm not sure about with using the pressure washer is the runoff water - not sure if I'm going to turn my driveway into a death rink from what creeps under the door...
    I've got a few pairs of skates from my hockey days. Will trade for chemicals. The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

While I'm thinking about it you guys all need to check your air pressure in your tires with the cold weather you lose air pressure.

I always add 2-3 psi during the winter to compensate for the even colder weather, this way I don't have to go out there and check it when it's bone coldThe Season of Discontent is upon us...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs, dgage, PaulMys, vaca22 liked this post
    Dislikes vaca22 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just set mine back up to where they're supposed to be. I'll go 1 psi higher as it's cooling off, figuring a 20 degree drop in temperature will probably make them 1 psi below the correct pressure. If it's really cold, my car has psi readings it can display and my air compressor can be set to shut off when it reaches the target pressure so I don't have to stand outside waiting for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I just set mine back up to where they're supposed to be. I'll go 1 psi higher as it's cooling off, figuring a 20 degree drop in temperature will probably make them 1 psi below the correct pressure. If it's really cold, my car has psi readings it can display and my air compressor can be set to shut off when it reaches the target pressure so I don't have to stand outside waiting for it.
    It's -1 psi for every 10 degree temp drop The Season of Discontent is upon us...

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

It's -1 psi for every 10 degree temp drop The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Right. Set them 1 psi high and it'll be 1 psi low with a 20 degree drop.

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While I'm thinking about it you guys all need to check your air pressure in your tires with the cold weather you lose air pressure.

I always add 2-3 psi during the winter to compensate for the even colder weather, this way I don't have to go out there and check it when it's bone coldThe Season of Discontent is upon us...
    Yep. I noticed the display on my car showed pressure drops of about 2 in the front and 3 in the back over the last few weeks. Topped back up now.

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast