autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I used to have a client in Hibbing, and they scheduled their annual meeting in early November. Needless to say it was pretty cold and often snowy.

I spoke to someone else from Elk River and he was thrilled that the weather was not too bad. Mid 20's tonight here in central CT with a high of 61 on Monday. I'LL TAKE IT!!
    I didn't think Minnesota got THAT lucky in December. Was just reading this...

"As of Friday morning, only two states in the US have blizzard warnings -- and they are Alaska and Hawaii. Yes, you read that correctly. In fact, more snow has fallen in Hawaii this season than in Denver, Colorado."

And since we've been in the 60s and 70s for awhile here in Denver...I almost feel bad for Hawaii. The Season of Discontent is upon us...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It got up to 76/24 today here in East TN. Unfortunately my butt was on calls until almost 6pm so I didn’t get to enjoy any of it. I’ll get some car care therapy tomorrow but it will only get up to the 62/17 tomorrow. So few nice days and I missed a great one. At least my wife was able to decorate outside. Grumble grumble,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to think this "season of discontent" tried to get us last month and as since given up. We're now headed back to late summer/fall. Our weather has steadily become warmer and is staying that way. We haven't seen a flake or snow or even a frost in a couple weeks. In fact, despite a brief cold snap tomorrow, it's going to be so warm I need to put my summer wheels/tires back on. Way to warm for winter tires and there is no cold weather or snow for at least another two weeks. Maybe longer.

Probably the one sign of winter we do have are the massive flocks of these tiny sparrow-like birds. They descend on areas in the thousands. Often a flock will stretch as far as the eye can see. Heaven help you if you get caught under one of those flocks in flight. While fighting retail traffic to get to the closest interstate on-ramp on Saturday, one of these flocks passed over and covered my car in droppings. Didn't help that with the birds and my car both were in motion, it made the spatter patterns that much worse. I had a huge clean up on Sunday.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Missed my window for a garage wash this weekend (was low/mid 30's in the garage).

Currently 8°, might get another chance later this week.

Speaking of season of discontent, added my "Just-in-case" bag to the car today - my extra pair of snow pants, boots, heavy coat and gloves.
    I've got full confidence in my car getting me where I need to go, but I had a rude awakening a few years back where I got to meet a 19yo driver who didn't see traffic stopping (don't worry, I helped her stop... ). My left rear muffler got folded over and locked up the LR wheel - I could tell my car wasn't totaled, so I didn't want to leave it running with a plugged exhaust while I waited for the tow truck. Not being dressed for a break down, it was awful chilly. Thankfully her folks let me hang in their car for a bit when they showed up.

5. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see a few people wear shorts to work year round! I hope to God they carry pants etc.. in their ride in case they do break down!!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

7. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see there are new FROTHé and Boost anti-salt formulas.

Post Thanks / Like

54 Degrees today - Was gonna break out the Greenworks cordless and do a thorough pre-rinse followed by a rinseless at least on the Mrs' car today, but there's an impressive batch of weather heading in - rain probably turning to snow, 60-70mph winds, and a high tomorrow of 24 (early in the morning as it continues to chill). Temps after that of low teens to 20 through the weekend.

Think I'll pass as I don't want to risk having water freeze in a door handle, etc...

10. Likes Bosko, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chompin at the bit to get out there, 54 degrees but rain coming, tomorrow one last chance before the cold comes back

Post Thanks / Like

To windy to ride my bike but thinking I am going to escape work early and be able to wash my truck again…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredibly warm in Chicago today and this thread has filled me with regret. My Firebird was prepped & stored, but my ISF is filthy by our standards and I didn't do a damn thing about it (operative word, maintained). And I could have. Regardless, the car never sees salt since I convinced my partner to keep her 03 Pilot after she bought an RDX. "It's just a rad dear, not a head gasket." A few 100 dollars later - now it's "our" parts & winter car.

So back to the question at hand: what I do in the Winter is put those propane heaters in the garage and sit around feeling sorry for myself drinking alcohol when there's time.

Hey, aside, do you guys with unheated garages bring all of your products in during cold Winter months?
    2008 ISF - MM
    1978 Firebird Formula - Starlight Black - Restoration Project
    www.killthesceneband.com

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast