autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Sonax PNS - multiple coats?

I'm going to be compounding, polishing and then applying Sonax PNS to my car this week. I've never used it before. Will be applying with a foam pad.
    I was wondering though if there is any benefit of doing 2 coats with it? This is going on a phantom black tricoat pearl (metallic) car (my 2014 Chrysler 300 AWD 5.7L).
    Thanks for any advice or tips!
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax PNS - multiple coats?

No second cost needed. Take your time with first coat and you’ll be fine. I applied PNS to my daughters car in April 2020 and maintained it with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer every 3 months or so. Water is still beading almost as good as it was when I first applied it. Great stuff, very underrated product.
    Only need one or two light sprays per panel. Spray a good amount onto foam applicator and spread like you would a wax or sealant. Wait about a minute and buff off. Don’t over do it when buffing off. It will feel a bit sticky or not quite as slick as a wax or sealant. That’s the characteristic of the product. Good luck

4. Likes CleanIT, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of PNS ( one coat) as bird bombs eat eat right through it in no time). If I am at work and car gets bird bombed I find PNS provides light protection. Yes, I know you are suppose to remove bird bombs immediately but sometimes that is not practical. I have switched to ceramic coatings which can handle easy wipe off of bird bombs that have sat a whole day on the car. Sure you can reapply PNS easily so up to you on the protection you want. Just my 2 cents.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Only one coat is needed for the Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Great product!

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    Not a big fan of PNS ( one coat) as bird bombs eat eat right through it in no time). If I am at work and car gets bird bombed I find PNS provides light protection. Yes, I know you are suppose to remove bird bombs immediately but sometimes that is not practical. I have switched to ceramic coatings which can handle easy wipe off of bird bombs that have sat a whole day on the car. Sure you can reapply PNS easily so up to you on the protection you want. Just my 2 cents.
    Bird Bombs can penetrate any Carnauba Wax, Polymer Sealant, and Ceramic Coating. It all depends on how acidic that bird bomb is. A Polymer Sealant or Ceramic Coating would offer the best protection against bird bombs IMO.

8. Likes CleanIT, RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that can muster the strength to get through 2 applications of Polymer Net Shield is a bonafide warrior. Last time I did a full car with PNS, I was ready to swan dive off the top of the Sears Tower about half way through one coat.

You should not need two coats to see its peak performance, unless you notice a pretty inconsistent water behavior during your first wash with it. But I have to say, there's a long list of full coatings that will blow away PNS in total durability and ease of use during the wipeoff. It's still a great sealant and one of the most hydrophobic products when fresh, but that last experience for me was pretty much the end of my love affair with it.

10. Likes CleanIT, RPPM, Rsurfer, mwoolfso, Icarus and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Anyone that can muster the strength to get through 2 applications of Polymer Net Shield is a bonafide warrior. Last time I did a full car with PNS, I was ready to swan dive off the top of the Sears Tower about half way through one coat.

You should not need two coats to see its peak performance, unless you notice a pretty inconsistent water behavior during your first wash with it. But I have to say, there's a long list of full coatings that will blow away PNS in total durability and ease of use during the wipeoff. It's still a great sealant and one of the most hydrophobic products when fresh, but that last experience for me was pretty much the end of my love affair with it.
    Not a fan of sticky LSP's.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno why I'm not get emails of replies :/

I bought it last year to try and never used it. I've used Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax (2 coats!) since it came out and have liked it (and the rest of their Ultimate line) but wanted to try something different this time. I used all Sonax on the car this time. CutMax then ProfiLine EX 04-06 and its turned out very nice so far today, every person that walked by commented on it. I will be putting the PNS (1 coat it looks like) on tomorrow as I ran out of light, thanks all...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    Will PNS look layered or streaked/anything if I reapply it to something that has etched thru?
    Thxs

What other coatings do you guys suggest that last as long and are easier to apply/use? I don't want to ceramic coat, not much up here to choose from vs the USA and other places :/ I was going to get Jescar Powerlock last year instead of this PNS, as it was about the only one I heard had decent durability like PNS, but the price was stupid high...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

PNS is a great sealant. As Loach mentions, the worst part is the application process. If you have BSD, apply it once a month after a wash (use as a sealant, not quick detailer or waterless wash). This will keep PNS working like new. This combo will last indefinitely.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast