autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Matte Stripe cleaning question

Hi all,
    I have a car that has matte stripes over gloss paint. I am prepping the car for ceramic coating on the paint and Gtechnique Halo on the matte stripes. I want make sure I maintain the matte look of the stripes and I want to properly clean the matte stripes before I coat them with Halo. Can I use Meguiars Ultimate polish (hand rub) on the matte stripes to make them look uniform before coating them without making them glossy? The stripes are about 14 years old and still look good but have never had anything applied to them. I saw a post on Adams Finishing Polish cleaning matte stripes. I just happen to have the meguiars polish already.

Thanks
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matte Stripe cleaning question

Quote Originally Posted by emba129 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a car that has matte stripes over gloss paint. I am prepping the car for ceramic coating on the paint and Gtechnique Halo on the matte stripes. I want make sure I maintain the matte look of the stripes and I want to properly clean the matte stripes before I coat them with Halo. Can I use Meguiars Ultimate polish (hand rub) on the matte stripes to make them look uniform before coating them without making them glossy? The stripes are about 14 years old and still look good but have never had anything applied to them. I saw a post on Adams Finishing Polish cleaning matte stripes. I just happen to have the meguiars polish already.

Thanks
    Chris
    From my understanding any polishing will add sheen or make look satin. I think a cleaner wax like P21s paintwork cleanser would be best if you were to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matte Stripe cleaning question

The last time I cleaned matte vinyl graphics I went over them with Meguiar's M39 for a deep clean and followed up with a panel wipe prior to coating them.

Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Graphene Coated