autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang sio2 question

Hey guys. I used wolfgangs sio2 on my Jeep last July ish. So over a year ago. When do I know I have to redo it. I have used wolfgangs sealant 3.0 for years in my Tahoe’s. I get a max 6 months out of it. But this sio2 stuff seems to be chugging along. When I wash it beads up. Smooth paint surface stuff I see zero grime spotting on the lower panels in winter. I don’t even have to work when I wash it. Everything comes right off. Winter is coming. I don’t know if I should strip it off and do a new layer? Are there signs to look for? Can I do a topper coat without doing a full decontamination and polish to clean the surface?

usually I wash, nano mitt, polish, prepaint spray, sealant.

thanks a lot!
    jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang sio2 question

The Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant is very durable. Reapply it every 8-12 months depending on your environment. I would strip it and apply a new layer just before winter.

Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    Hey guys. I used wolfgangs sio2 on my Jeep last July ish. So over a year ago. When do I know I have to redo it. I have used wolfgangs sealant 3.0 for years in my Tahoe’s. I get a max 6 months out of it. But this sio2 stuff seems to be chugging along. When I wash it beads up. Smooth paint surface stuff I see zero grime spotting on the lower panels in winter. I don’t even have to work when I wash it. Everything comes right off. Winter is coming. I don’t know if I should strip it off and do a new layer? Are there signs to look for? Can I do a topper coat without doing a full decontamination and polish to clean the surface?

usually I wash, nano mitt, polish, prepaint spray, sealant.

thanks a lot!
    jim

One thing to keep in mind....water beading is just an indicator of the product still being 'present'......it may not be your best indicator that it is still protecting your car's finish. I use the same sealant, and I strip it off and re-apply every 6-9 months, regardless of hydrophobic behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    One thing to keep in mind....water beading is just an indicator of the product still being 'present'......it may not be your best indicator that it is still protecting your car's finish. I use the same sealant, and I strip it off and re-apply every 6-9 months, regardless of hydrophobic behavior.
    Agreed. I strip and reapply every spring and fall. I wash with Wolfgang Sio2 coating wash and maintain with Wolfgang Sio2 silica spray. This regimen works great for me.&

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks guys. I wash weekly and also use the spray version weekly after each wash. I go through gallons of the stuff. Lol. Ok I’ll strip it and do it again. I appreciate the info. I figured that was the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang sio2 question

Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    Ok thanks guys. I wash weekly and also use the spray version weekly after each wash. I go through gallons of the stuff. Lol. Ok I’ll strip it and do it again. I appreciate the info. I figured that was the answer.
    The protection and beading is from the silica spray. If you are applying weekly you will never see a lack of protection and beading.

You don’t need to apply it that often, i’d say ever couple weeks to once a month max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk